My Race Red Track Pack 2016 GT350

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
CO Mack said:
Do you know of anyone has done the driveshaft and run the car hard at trackdays?

The shaft has just been made available not long ago so I can't answer that yet. I have full confidence in QA1, much more so than DSS.

Tob did I spy a Fox notch back there?
-J

Yup. A '90 LX HO coupe. I built it all up in 2004 or so, drove it very little for a few summers and then parked it in '08 when I got my '09 GT500. It fires right up.

I put a new shortblock from FRPP, Edelbrock heads with 1.6 roller rockers, E303 cam, genuine Cobra intake, Edelbrock 65mm TB, FRPP shorty headers, BBK O/R H-pipe, pulled the a/c, and no air pump.
FRPP clutch/billet flywheel, Tremec 3550 transmission, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, Torsen T2R differential, 31 spline Superior axles. M2300-K brake kit. Maximum Motorsport supplied dampers and springs, MM C/C plates, MM torque arm and panhard bar, and MM adjustable rear lower control arms. The steering rack is from an '04 Cobra with outer tie rods from a Taurus. Steering shaft from MM.

Battery was relocated to the trunk. MM 4 point roll bar and subframe connectors. Gutted interior with Recaro Pole Position driver seat. Body is straight with a rather faded paint job. I've been sitting on a pair of carbon fiber Tiger Racing flared front fenders for over a decade along with a pair of Tiger cf rear flares I picked up a couple of years ago.

I need to get motivated to get going on it again but I've been busy with the GT350. I love the way it sounds, with a lope and burble the modulars just don't have.

CO Mack

Established Member
Heh- what's funny is how all this is related. I have a 92 ex-CHP coupe with a Griggs TA/PHB and had some vibe issues related to drivelines.

A two piece should stop vibes, always a concern with these cars, but the CF should dampen it as well. Just looking for real world reviews.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I imagine the fox is worthy of its own thread, heck his Bobcat is probably a high flow with some sweet attachments!

It's a Bobcat T450 track loader. Sounds like you know what you see.
https://www.bobcat.com/loaders/compact-track-loaders/models/t450/features

I can't do a lot of the things I used to so the T450 is my "wheelchair." I loaded this one up with most every option, including a/c. It has made life far easier and certain chores, fun. It wasn't cheap but I expect to get a good buck for it when I can't use it anymore and have to sell it.

I did pay a few grand for a snow throwing attachment but it barely even snowed last year. I have two Great Danes so the thrower is to cut trails for them in the snow if we ever get any. Normally, we get pounded as we aren't far from Buffalo. The tracks don't tear up the yard and the compact size of the machine means I can get through some tight spaces. I've helped my neighbors out a number of times with some oddball stuff that was heavy and akward which was very cool.

I smile everytime I get in it, much like that of the coupe or the GT350.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Heh- what's funny is how all this is related. I have a 92 ex-CHP coupe with a Griggs TA/PHB and had some vibe issues related to drivelines.

I did also add the police fan clutch, silicone hoses, and single key locks. Great stuff from the Special Service vehicles such as yours.

I've been tempted to yank the fuel injection system and switch to a 4 bbl carb. As much as I have a matched mass air sensor for the 24lb injectors, the car will buck if you are at very low rpm in too high of a gear, something torque arm cars have a propensity to do.

CO Mack

Established Member
I did also add the police fan clutch, silicone hoses, and single key locks. Great stuff from the Special Service vehicles such as yours.

I've been tempted to yank the fuel injection system and switch to a 4 bbl carb. As much as I have a matched mass air sensor for the 24lb injectors, the car will buck if you are at very low rpm in too high of a gear, something torque arm cars have a propensity to do.

I had a highway speed vibe that came from taking the damper off the rear end and all the solid suspension points and subframe connectors. It went away with a Ford Racing driveshaft.

Mine has a lot of suspension/brake work, a race seat and gears, but is essentially stock underhood. I'm waiting for it to age out of emissions checks to mod it. I actually had done homework to make it a FPC before the GT350 came out. Now I'll stick to a simpler CPC. I've owned it since the cops sold it. :)

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I worked for FEMA/SBA in the early nineties and lived out in southern California running Rodney King, Northridge earthquake, wildfire, mudslide, and flooding files. I remember seeing the CHP coupes out everywhere. Seems like a forever ago. I'll never forget how cool it was to see LEO's cruising down the 405 in them.

I don't envy the resources board crap you have to put up with out there. Good luck with it when you can finally tweak the engine.

CO Mack

Established Member
I worked for FEMA/SBA in the early nineties and lived out in southern California running Rodney King, Northridge earthquake, wildfire, mudslide, and flooding files. I remember seeing the CHP coupes out everywhere. Seems like a forever ago. I'll never forget how cool it was to see LEO's cruising down the 405 in them.

I don't envy the resources board crap you have to put up with out there. Good luck with it when you can finally tweak the engine.

I left Cali years ago; but unfortunately the Governator signed legislation that stopped the end of emissions testing with MY1976 cars. Everything 1976 and newer will always have to go in for the biannual.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
We have annual and have adopted much of CA's standards (thanks Democrats!). Thankfully, the pre-OBD II is visual.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What Jay said!

Tom

Just saw your response. OH, what a track car that would be. Probably weighs close to 2500 lbs.

Tom
We were talking to Ford engineers at NMRA and we were all talking about dropping the GT350 drivetrain in a stripped Fox and they all said it would rattle the fenders off!
But damn clean fun I'd bet :)
-J

CO Mack

Established Member
We were talking to Ford engineers at NMRA and we were all talking about dropping the GT350 drivetrain in a stripped Fox and they all said it would rattle the fenders off!
But damn clean fun I'd bet :)
-J

Foxes need Windsors, or Clevors. (Or Turbo 4s!). Last thing in the world they need is more weight up front.

If you want a modern Mod get it in the modern Mustang, it's a better car anyway. I just had an EcoBoost rental Mustang and even those are fast now.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd have to look up weights but I'd doubt an all aluminum Coyote weighs more than an iron block Windsor.
I see your point but I'm ready to swap my 427W for a modern Coyote
-J

CO Mack

Established Member
I'd have to look up weights but I'd doubt an all aluminum Coyote weighs more than an iron block Windsor.
I see your point but I'm ready to swap my 427W for a modern Coyote
-J
Depends on which Windsor block. I'm sure one of the heavy 351 blocks get fairly close.

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I look forward to your build thread.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Looking to pick up the next GT500 as the wife wants to develop caliper studs for that car too. I can't argue with that so this one will have to go. I really like this one but she's right. That's why.

boss#301

Established Member
You have Intel it's coming up soon. I'm waiting for it too so I can get a gt350 for cheap

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread