My *Personal review* of TUNES

Bad Intention

Established Member
Well when my car was N/A i had Lund 93 tune. My tune was great . Throttle responce and shift points were perfect.

Now that my Car has blower i wanted my car dyno tunned and i went to JMS. I spoke with Monty @ length about my car and mods that were done to it. he was very informative and did great job with my car. Tune is perfect . He is going to be coming to the track so he can dial in the shift points and make tweak's as needed.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
just curious, how come you never tried the steeda tune? I have it, and haven't been in another tuned 2011+ GT and I am curious on how it stacks up to the others.

Just never got around to it, didnt really see many reviews to lure me into it. Although this will be the intake i go with.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Well technically isn't a tune personal preference. U just keep choosing or tinkering til u find the one u like and love right? Glad he found what he likes. I'm curious to see peoples opinion on livernois tunes. And which Lund tune did u go eith evolution or lethal??

this is true...and for me i wanted a tune that had awesome throttle response, civility for DD, smoothness through the power band and balls to the wall acceleration at WOT....the beauty about this tune is absolutely NO dead spots in the acceleration, and JMS delivered this for me with flying colors!

I dealt with jon lund direclty through email:nonono:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
JMS tuned my 03 Cobra. the tune that was in it before was a crappy diablo tune of some sort. JMS's tune was spot on across the board on the 03. i would def consider using them to tune my '12.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
JMS tuned my 03 Cobra. the tune that was in it before was a crappy diablo tune of some sort. JMS's tune was spot on across the board on the 03. i would def consider using them to tune my '12.

:rockon:

they really got it right for the 5.0!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Why would you put your car threw so many canned tunes? You could have spent the money on a proper DYNO tune?

Chris

torched06

Established Member
I noticed that the JMS was a little pricier than the BBR ($200 compared to $85). Would you consider it worth the extra $$? I am looking for one myself. Mine will be majorily daily driving, not looking to take it to the track..

faztcobra

Established Member
BBR: Also another great customer service experience, this tune rocks and is my 2nd favorite. Great throttle response and power...had a few little issues but the revision was quick (with in hours) and was good. Had some throttle surging and it can a little crazy for DD/stop and go traffic. Overall 2nd Place for me.
Would you mind going into detail on the "few little issues"? I've purchased a tune from BBR and will be putting it on my car as soon as I get the rest of this 89 oct out of the tank. Just curious what to be on the lookout for.

Last edited:

chico_mustangs

Established Member
You sure spend a TON of money and wasted a lot of time just to butt dyno it, I have to repeat the question someone else asked. Why would you spend so much money on all of these tunes and not just go get a dyno tune?

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I noticed that the JMS was a little pricier than the BBR ($200 compared to $85). Would you consider it worth the extra $$? I am looking for one myself. Mine will be majorily daily driving, not looking to take it to the track..

i ordered 1 93 octane tune for $50!! BBR was the next cheapest at 75-85 IIRC

Cant beat 50$ for the best damn tune out of the bunch

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
You sure spend a TON of money and wasted a lot of time just to butt dyno it, I have to repeat the question someone else asked. Why would you spend so much money on all of these tunes and not just go get a dyno tune?

well the BAMA tunes came with the prgrammer so nothing spent there.

BBR was 75 and JMS was 50....thats a night out at the bar

VMP was also less than 100

NOW, lund was the only tune I actually shelled out some cash for 200 for just 1 tune and the worst customer service. The only way i would have gotten a good dyno tune was going through LUND at 1 of our local shop here. I wasnt about to give LUND another penny. I dont trust any of the local shops around here except 1 (Maximum Velocity:rockon:) but they only deal with LUND. I was also informed that the tune is pretty much "as is" and i would be wasting my money on dyno time with a LUND tune. I wasnt about to haul my car across states to visit the shop i liked for a dyno tune. Although now with JMS i would DEFINATELY consider it

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
While I don't really have any problems or concerns with my Lund tune, I will agree that his customer service is lacking. I got it through Lethal, which is great at answering e-mails, but at the end of the day, it's still Lund's tune, not Lethal's.

When the #8 cylinder debacle was in full swing, I took the car out and ran some data logs and e-mailed the files to Jon and never heard back from him. Turns out, he is so confident in the "hundreds" of similar tunes he's sent out that he doesn't need to be bothered to glance at a datalog... unless you want to spend extra money for that extra special service. GMAFB. He did send me a new tune out before I ran the datalogs that addressed the global timing and also apparently had the revisions built in that Ford made in a reflash that addressed the surging idle problems. Idle is smooth as butter now, but I'd still like to know my numbers are all within spec.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Would you mind going into detail on the "few little issues"? I've purchased a tune from BBR and will be putting it on my car as soon as I get the rest of this 89 oct out of the tank. Just curious what to be on the lookout for.

I had allot of throttle surging, and it wasnt very smooth at first...after a couple of revisions though it was good

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
While I don't really have any problems or concerns with my Lund tune, I will agree that his customer service is lacking. I got it through Lethal, which is great at answering e-mails, but at the end of the day, it's still Lund's tune, not Lethal's.

When the #8 cylinder debacle was in full swing, I took the car out and ran some data logs and e-mailed the files to Jon and never heard back from him. Turns out, he is so confident in the "hundreds" of similar tunes he's sent out that he doesn't need to be bothered to glance at a datalog... unless you want to spend extra money for that extra special service. GMAFB. He did send me a new tune out before I ran the datalogs that addressed the global timing and also apparently had the revisions built in that Ford made in a reflash that addressed the surging idle problems. Idle is smooth as butter now, but I'd still like to know my numbers are all within spec.

Same thing basically, whenever I raised a concern to him or even asked a simple question the **FEW** times he found it in his graces to respond to an email, he would reply in a VERY condecending way with allot of "LOL" and "LMAO" in the reply. Customer service goes a LONGGGG way and his is beyond sub-par.

Users who are viewing this thread