My New 12 GB Coupe Exterior Upgrades

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Thx for all the positive feedback everyone.....Im definately really happy with how the car came together....ive added the GT500 rear wing and had the windows tinted...look better now imo....the 305/35/20's look really really tough and although its said they will rub ive tried to get them to rub and have yet to encounter any rubbing....the addition of the eibach panhard bar and positioning the rearend perfectly is what i think had alot to do with the no rubbing....i find the eibachs to be quite stiff and the shock rebound to be perfect....i think a hair lower and the car may rub but as it sits their is no chance....pulled the resonators off so now the GT500 mufflers have a little extra growl to them...I dont have plans to do any more exhaust work....gonna do a cai and custom dyno tune for a few extra ponies....my hopes are for 380ish to the wheels with the cai and tune, ive heard people making 400+ with the boss intake and exhaust but its just a cruiser for me so id be hapy with makin 380....not sure what they duno stock but im hoping to do a pull stock then put the cai on and tune and see what the difference is....ive heard the boss intake is good for extra power but only on the top end, dont think im willing to sacrifice the low end tq needed for daily driving so keeping the stock intake.....

Last edited:

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Tints + GT500 Wing Installed

Couple of Updated pics with the GT500 Wing and the window tints....now it looks the way i had originally planned....

9dfdfd5e.jpg

03ce357e.jpg

59c16470.jpg

46dacf93.jpg

f015e7f4.jpg

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Video Of the exhaust sound.....Stock Exhaust with GT500 Mufflers and factory resonators removed....

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dSFR2CmDD8&list=UUovGQ4oL8tgepy6bbQ5qxug&index=1&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang 5.0 GT500 Mufflers Resonators Removed - YouTube[/nomedia]

Yagermeister

Established Member
When you and others say they removed the resonators in the exhaust... How exactly are you doing that? I know what and where they are ;-)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Great looking car and color combo! Let me know if you ever want to get rid of those Super Snakes...Best looking wheel from Alcoa and Shelby IMO. :beer:

Yagermeister

Established Member
Thanks Allkheinz! What size pipe are you using to replace the resonators and any particular clamps to use or are people welding the pieces together?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
re

Thanks Allkheinz! What size pipe are you using to replace the resonators and any particular clamps to use or are people welding the pieces together?

Im not 100% sure as i took it to an exhaust shop and they did it for me...BUT, it looks like the pipe they used is a hair bigger then the after cat pipe so it slips over on each end....next time i have the car up on a hoist ill be sure to take a few pics and post them up.....

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

You have to weld them. 3 inch would be best, as I am sure no muffler shop stocks 2.75 inch pipe. I wanted 3 inch, my exhaust guy insisted the pipes were 2.5 inches...and that is what went in there. I am sure it makes no real difference though.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread