My new 01 cobra has no low end torque at all!!

EVLSVT

Banned
2001SVTsnake said:
looking at your sig. you are no where near 330rwhp

i have o/r x, slp1's, u/d's, ported intake, k&n, tune, 3.5'' tips, diablo chip. and i am around 310rwhp

that's sad...

I have intake, exhaust,tune = 320rwhp... you have ported intake tune WTF!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
2001SVTsnake said:
looking at your sig. you are no where near 330rwhp

i have o/r x, slp1's, u/d's, ported intake, k&n, tune, 3.5'' tips, dia-blow chip. and i am around 310rwhp

well THERE'S your problem....

i was basing it off of my previous 01 that made 327 rwhp and my current 01 traps the same in the 1/8 mile w/ about the same weight...

JoePac

Established Member
I think someone should come out with svt%women, and post how come my 99 cobra has no top end power(then the troll never post again) and have 100 guys talking trash about their hp's and timeslips, then little billy comes out with his 5 year plan(like nobody ever has kids are grows up) my monster engine will smash all of you!!! PLEASE!!!!

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
mine dyno'd 319rwhp but it was std not sae

that was with: tune, flowmaster 40's, ported intake, k&n, o/r x, diablo chip

then i added slp1's, u/d's not tuned so dunno know but im guessing around 310rwhp

people on mustang forums did not believe my numbers. there is like a 5 page argument about it. then i realised it was std

they were telling me people can make a dyno chart read w/e. which i agree. but i mean come on we know whats realistic and not

im just saying was yours std?

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
2001SVTsnake said:

then i added slp1's, u/d's not tuned so dunno know but im guessing around 310rwhp

people on mustang forums did not believe my numbers. there is like a 5 page argument about it. then i realised it was std

they were telling me people can make a dyno chart read w/e. which i agree. but i mean come on we know whats realistic and not

so you have dyno numbers in your sig that are guesstimated??

LOL...the 327 i mentioned was SAE...STD was like 337 i think....sure you can make a dyno chart read whatever you want, but not in SAE, that is corrected to a standard for atmospheric conditions...

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
2001SVTsnake said:

There is your problem right there.

Oh and some tuners are better than others and some cars are stronger than others.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
yea. well they say std is 4% higher then sae so if i got a couple horses from u/d's and slp1's i would be around 310 sae

it was just hilarious i think most of the people bitching were just jealous because they had a 2v.

EVLSVT

Banned
I have the special 6v (48valves total) engine, maybe thats why its so fast!

I had to pay more for it.

Last edited:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
My car made 314 RHWP SAE with bolt-ons.

Now, when someone wants to talk about something that really matters (dyno numbers do not), like ETs or lap times, then I for one, am game.

JoePac said:
I think someone should come out with svt%women, and post how come my 99 cobra has no top end power(then the troll never post again) and have 100 guys talking trash about their hp's and timeslips, then little billy comes out with his 5 year plan(like nobody ever has kids are grows up) my monster engine will smash all of you!!! PLEASE!!!!

Can someone translate this for me, please?

EVLSVT

Banned
Bob Cosby said:
Can someone translate this for me, please?

Yea I don't understand wtf he is talking about... I came out with my 5 year plan? I never said anything , quad brought it up lol...

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
yea my et's suck

me best is a 13.3 sumthin on street tires and my 3rd gear sync is kinda screwed up ( cant always get in)

cobraracer46

Banned
As of yesterday, my Cobra lost a good amount of low end tourqe because I finished installing a Viper T56 with the stock 3.27 still in the rear, but set of 430 gears along with a T2R diff is going in real quick!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
As of yesterday, my Cobra lost a good amount of low end tourqe because I finished installing a Viper T56 with the stock 3.27 still in the rear, but set of 430 gears along with a T2R diff is going in real quick!

should have gotten the '00R spec t56, w/ the 2.97 first gear...wouldn't have killed your acceleration so much...

Users who are viewing this thread