My new 01 cobra has no low end torque at all!!

Bob Cosby

Established Member
...but that tranny doesn't have the nice .50 6th gear either. And truthfully, unless you're a drag racer, the taller 1st gear isn't that big of a deal.

Like everything else, its a compromise.

cobraracer46

Banned
quick01snake said:
should have gotten the '00R spec t56, w/ the 2.97 first gear...wouldn't have killed your acceleration so much...

The main reason why I went with the Viper T56 was for duribility and with close to 600 ft tq capacity rating that the viper trans has, I dont think I will have to worry about the trans in my cobra breaking anytime soon. Once I finish putting in the the 430 gears, the rpms in 6th at 80 mph will be less than with the 327 gears and the stock T3650!:pepper:

Hi-Hat

Established Member
quick01snake said:
should have gotten the '00R spec t56, w/ the 2.97 first gear...wouldn't have killed your acceleration so much...

Does that tranny bolt up to our bellhousings? I havent seen many for sale anywhere, and the few times I come across one its very expensive.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Hi-Hat said:
Does that tranny bolt up to our bellhousings? I havent seen many for sale anywhere, and the few times I come across one its very expensive.

yes...D&D sells them...guy that bought my previous 01 put one in it...

Users who are viewing this thread