My N2MB Racing WOT Box Experience... WOW!!!

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
First off, the N2MB Racing WOT Box is AWESEOME!!!

Ok, let me back track.... Two weekends ago, I went to the local 1/8th mile track for the first time since I got my car tuned. I was leaving the line at 4K and this was the best I could do...

Note: All runs made on 18" Saleens with 315 BFG Drag Radials

60'...... 2.070
330..... 5.450
MPH..... 73.21
1/8...... 7.996
MPH..... 98.36

My car was bogging down very bad and it was super embarrassing. I had no power whatsoever off the line.

So, I purchased a WOT Box off of a member here on SVTP and installed it the next day. At 4K RPM, it built about 3lbs of boost. So I went back to the track this past weekend to test it and HOLY SH*T...

60'....... 1.677
330...... 4.673
MPH..... 74.84
1/8...... 7.208
MPH..... 97.50

I have never accelerated like that in my car before! The first time I launched with the two step, I didn't take into consideration the weight of my helmet and the position of my seat. I was being pushed back so hard that I couldn't even reach 3rd gear and ended up just coasting an 8.1 ET. Then I re-positioned my seat and ran the 7.2 ET!!!

After that run, I called it a day. I didn't want to push my luck. Plus, I couldn't keep my hands from shaking because of the adrenaline rush!!

I know a 7.2 may not be that fast to some people, but the fastest I've ever been in my car at the 1/8th mile track was an 8.4 and that was over 3 years ago!

So to conclude this post, I would like to thank AJ at N2MB Racing for all of his support and would also recommend this product to ANYONE with a turbo or supercharger :beer:

-Stephen

TRBO VNM

lol, sorry, gotta laugh, but in a good way man. I know what you mean, but I am laughing, cause if you think that is a rush, just wait. get your tuner to retard some timing and build about 8-10# at the line, but you better have better tires for that. with your tires, that low boost does work well, but throw some ET streets on there and get some timing retard put in your tune for the load you are at off the line and build about 10# and launch. but you better hold on and bring a change of pants. :D

thats the whole trick with the turbo and manual tranny, getting it out of the hole. you are on your way man. enjoy it and be careful. and turbo's are second half track cars.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
lol, sorry, gotta laugh, but in a good way man. I know what you mean, but I am laughing, cause if you think that is a rush, just wait. get your tuner to retard some timing and build about 8-10# at the line, but you better have better tires for that. with your tires, that low boost does work well, but throw some ET streets on there and get some timing retard put in your tune for the load you are at off the line and build about 10# and launch. but you better hold on and bring a change of pants. :D

thats the whole trick with the turbo and manual tranny, getting it out of the hole. you are on your way man. enjoy it and be careful. and turbo's are second half track cars.

LOL, it's all good man :beer:

yeah, I'm taking my car to my tuner on Thursday to build more boost on the 2-step, and if the weather clears up by then I'll take her to the track. I'm really impressed by the tires though. At 20psi and a good burnout, they didn't even break loose.... but you're right, leaving at 10lbs opposed to 3lbs is a bit different...

I've been trying to find a good local deal on a drag set up... possibly 15x10's and 15x4's with some ET Streets... still waiting.

Anyways, thanks for the comment. I still have a lot to learn about actual drag racing and turbos :beer:

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
Thats awesome man, sounds like you are making some good progress in a short amount of time.

I tell ya, you guys are getting me excited here. I am waiting on my cobra to be finished, and the stuff I am reading from you guys just makes the anticipation even worse lol. Got word that the engine is in the car and suspension is in progress, so it shouldnt be too long now.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Thats awesome man, sounds like you are making some good progress in a short amount of time.

I tell ya, you guys are getting me excited here. I am waiting on my cobra to be finished, and the stuff I am reading from you guys just makes the anticipation even worse lol. Got word that the engine is in the car and suspension is in progress, so it shouldnt be too long now.

Congrats on the progress! :beer:

Yeah, it's definitely worth the wait man. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you. keep us updated!!

-Stephen

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member

I second that motion my car just got done and is going on the dyno this coming week. I have had my car for three years and have never driven it bought it as a roller. GOOD LUCK WITH THE CAR MAN.

TTBEAST

Established Member
Im ordering my box on monday... Cant wait to see how she leaves. I got some new bogarts with ET streets and skinnys up front, Straight axle and new control arms im excited. I want to yank the tires ...

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Im ordering my box on monday... Cant wait to see how she leaves. I got some new bogarts with ET streets and skinnys up front, Straight axle and new control arms im excited. I want to yank the tires ...

So what size wheels/backspacing/tires did you go with?

I can't decide!! My 18x10.5 Saleens with 315 BFG Drag Radials did an awesome job at the track so I would like to try some ET Streets.... But I can't decide if I should go with 15x8, 9 or 10 :shrug:

I've been trying to find a deal online but I'm about ready to just order some online...

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
how do you have the no lift shift set up? i have not tried that feature at all yet.

i just left it with the settings it has when they send it to you. it is like an auto setting that cuts up to 350ms..

my only problem is sometimes when i'll go WOT, then try to let of the throttle and begin to get on the clutch the box will still cut the ignition and the car will stumble. but it hardly happens..

racebronco2

Established Member
I have had mine hooked up for a few months now. I have no hesitation under wot. I did have to get used to it because if you slightly move the clutch pedal and it cuts the ignition. When opening tracking i had to turn it off because sometimes i would barely touch the clutch pedal. When getting to ready wot shift this is what i do: have left foot about an inch away from clutch pedal with right foot wot, when it's time to shift i jam my foot left foot down (while moving the shifter at the same time) and release as fast as possibly. I usually spin then about half way thru 2nd and spin them a little in third. Once when i shifted to third the rear did get sideways. With this module you will not have any hesitation between shifts. Once i thought i had the box on and was able to power shift thru the gears. Best mod for the drags.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
1.677 60ft. on BFG D/R's is amazing! What kind of suspension setup do you have?

7.2 is very respectable, by the way. That's most likely a 10 second 1/4 pass on D/R's! :rockon:

TRBO VNM

1.677 60ft. on BFG D/R's is amazing! What kind of suspension setup do you have?

7.2 is very respectable, by the way. That's most likely a 10 second 1/4 pass on D/R's! :rockon:

I would say that is good for a turbo car. I pulled a 1.59 60-foot with the 17" BFG.

7.2 is gonna be tight. dip into the 6's and it is a definite 10 sec pass. but with a turbo picking up more on the back half, it may just do it.

I just got my WOT box last week. should have it installed this week but won't be using it for a month or so

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
I really like the n2mb with the no lift shift feature. I now have the confidence that i will not miss a shift. I once thought it was on and power shifted my car the same way with the n2mb and the tires spun in third and swerved into the next lane on accident. My car never has done that before so i looked down at the box and the blue light was off. I can now powershift my car with the box off thanks to n2mb, I usually leave the box on since it is easier on the tranny and don't want to wreck my car.

Users who are viewing this thread