My Man J (biminiLX)...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Shoots me a text from the show.

"Any shots you looking for?"

Hell yeah (proceeds to ask for a few we haven't seen).

"You got it brother."

x46331.jpeg

x46320.jpeg

Can you get one down into the intake tract?

"Sure."

x46317AAAAAAAA.jpg

Can you reach around and behind a front wheel and get a shot?

"Mmm hmm."

Now we know that these wheels were validation units as well as the front wheel offset.

xScreenshot_20190124-222650_Message+.jpg

"Anything else?"

Yeah, can you press on the plug for the tow hook on the bumper fascia and pop it off?

x46308aaaaaaaaaa.jpg

x46309aaaaaaa.jpg

Whelp, that answers that question. biminiLX....nearly taking a Taser shot for the team.
My man!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha great post buddy. Got a few others to send you for further intel in AM.
Other than forgetting my jeans and gadget extending arms, was really cool to finally see this car in person.
Would definitely like to see Tob do his intel work on site, great suggestions.
First thoughts, it looks even better in person, the exposed CF wheels are worth whatever they ask, and I’m personally a buyer for a more base car like that sweet silver bullet in the shipping container!
No Ford engineers present to shake down, but the janitor, the Ford rep and security guard didn’t seem impressed. I didn’t think I went full retard :)
Long day, will see if anything else to learn from the show.
-J

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Me too.

I notice in some of the Ford media shots some all black Recaros without the white accents. I would have thought those were more of a "base" seat but we shall see about that and if they offer a non-Recaro, "luxury" seat as well.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I suppose, lol. Not my cup of tea but Ford has offered the non-Recaros for a few years now. I sincerely hope they didn't change the Recaro to accommodate fatties, such that it isn't a "tight" seat anymore. If they eliminated the luxury seat and it's Recaro only I suspect it will have been opened up a bit.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
J doc I'm just not feeling this new piece at all. Sorry.
Hey bro I understand, not everyone can handle a boosted V8 :)
Seriously tho I’m less for the fancy track pack and a buyer for the street/roll monster which should be the base. Hopefully we’ll see more of that Silver car.
And we still got a Foxbody race to settle, I’m down for Soring Break shoot out 2020 :)
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hahahaha awesome work Doc!! @biminiLX

That x pipe looks cast.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Sure looks like it man, that was the last shot I took and was expecting an H pipe but that X looks well made.
Ford handler and security guard definitely gave the impression that I was done. Was hoping to catch the CF shaft but not a taser.
I’ve sent Tob some other pics and from a power perspective I’d say the transition from TB to rotor pack will be a choke point and fixed by the aftermarket or a blower swap.
DCT looks well made.
Later guys.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I suppose, lol. Not my cup of tea but Ford has offered the non-Recaros for a few years now. I sincerely hope they didn't change the Recaro to accommodate fatties, such that it isn't a "tight" seat anymore. If they eliminated the luxury seat and it's Recaro only I suspect it will have been opened up a bit.
I liked the white accents and the 2019 350R recaros with the red are AWESOME. So I expect we will be happy. I could fit in the Civic R recaros plus love my 2014 GT500 and 350R recaros. These 2020s look bigger than the 350, so I think most will be happy.
Any idea where Ford will show the GT500 next? Really want to see non CF pack cars!
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sure looks like it man, that was the last shot I took and was expecting an H pipe but that X looks well made.
Ford handler and security guard definitely gave the impression that I was done. Was hoping to catch the CF shaft but not a taser.
I’ve sent Tob some other pics and from a power perspective I’d say the transition from TB to rotor pack will be a choke point and fixed by the aftermarket or a blower swap.
DCT looks well made.
Later guys.
-J

Damn. I’m SUPER bummed to hear that.

I was hoping they did something different with TB. What you’re describing sounds similar to the Roush 2650 set up for 18+ coyote mustangs.

GT500 guys know how important that piece of the package is.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That x pipe looks cast.

It is cast stainless. It also looks to be the same as that of the GT350 (can't verify diameter yet, obviously). I put this together to show each...

__%20X%20section%20comparison-X2.jpg

To date, the exhaust manifolds also look to be carryover GT350 pieces - insofar as Ford used them on the display engine in Detroit anyway.

I'm thinking there may be more power corked up in the exhaust on the GT500 than on the GT350. It'll be interesting to see how power gains compare with similar exhaust mods between the two.

TooFast98Cobra

#1 Vent Shade Installer
Established Member
Hey bro I understand, not everyone can handle a boosted V8 :)
Seriously tho I’m less for the fancy track pack and a buyer for the street/roll monster which should be the base. Hopefully we’ll see more of that Silver car.
And we still got a Foxbody race to settle, I’m down for Soring Break shoot out 2020 :)
-J

Ill be at Bradeton in March 2019, come grab a lane.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Gimmie11s:
I hear ya but it’s not as bad as the Roush, it opens and widens more into the rotor pack and there is potential as all the important pieces to modify seem to bolt on.
I sent a few pics to Tob, he might be able to brighten and clarify, I’ll try too.
Too early to tell but you’re right, we know there’s big power in eliminating any inlet restrictions.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread