My Kenne Bell came in the mail today!!! (pic heavy)

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
I just bought me a 2.2L Kenne Bell Gen 2 supercharger on craigslist the other day and it finally came in the mail. I paid right at $2500 for it which was right at my price limit on a used unit. The seller told me it came off of an 03 DSG and that he only put 3k miles on it. He was only selling it because he wanted to upgrade to a 2.8 mammoth. As far as i can tell it looks pretty good except for the the small electrical clip near where the TB hooks up to it (not sure what its called) but maybe it will work.

I couldn't really afford a new SC kit so i decided to get the 2.2. The major thing im worried about now is finding a tune to go with it and figure out what kind of MAF to put on it as well. Any input from you guys would help, i need help and suggestions on what are the best supporting mods for this setup.
Thanks,

IMG_20150723_214032_823_zpsnusfk9de.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150723_172609_331_zpsihv7i2cd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150725_140846_254_zps7nmtmjje.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150723_172656_653_zpswe5vypeh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150725_141057_305_zpsriokg2ex.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150725_141041_546_zpsp2aji9px.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Blueline

Established Member
Looks good. Pick up a new IAC or reuse the one on your car now, good to go. Enjoy the new whine...

03' White Snake

Established Member
Looks good. Like stated above, it will need a new IAC. Run a SBTB if you can, if you are buying a new maf, get a BA3000 so it will be the last one you will need to buy. Get 80 lb injectors and either twin GT pumps or a BAP with stock pumps will work fine too. Other than that, enjoy!!! :beer:

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Looks good. Like stated above, it will need a new IAC. Run a SBTB if you can, if you are buying a new maf, get a BA3000 so it will be the last one you will need to buy. Get 80 lb injectors and either twin GT pumps or a BAP with stock pumps will work fine too. Other than that, enjoy!!! :beer:

Thanks man, i was thinking of using the Mafia setup, not because i dont like SCT but because of the other reviews ive read. They all say the diablosport mafia is really simple and easy. Also do you think ill have to go that high of injectors? This whole time i thought i would be good with 60's. Thats why im asking i guess though. Heh and what exact TB should i get, what brand?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Go 80s, leaves you room for e85 if it comes around near you. I wish I did, I bought 60s and at low 70% dutycycle with just a Posi Eaton.

SCT vs MAFia is pretty much tuners choice. I'd see where your getting it tuned and ask what they prefer. Any tuner should be fine using either but I always like asking so there's no possible excuses/problems.

Looking at the KB plenum it has the slot for the IAC that the Accufab, LFP, or Billetflow TB uses so that's probably your best bet. I would think the dragon blade would hit the middle on top and bottom unless you got modified since it's taller in the middle.

Congrats on the find, one of my favorite sounding blowers!

Last edited:

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Go 80s, leaves you room for e85 if it comes around near you. I wish I did, I bought 60s and at low 70% dutycycle with just a Posi Eaton.

SCT vs MAFia is pretty much tuners choice. I'd see where your getting it tuned and ask what they prefer. Any tuner should be fine using either but I always like asking so there's no possible excuses/problems.

Looking at the KB plenum it has the slot for the IAC that the Accufab, LFP, or Billetflow TB uses so that's probably your best bet. I would think the dragon blade would hit the middle on top and bottom unless you got modified since it's taller in the middle.

Ok cool. I think ill use the Accufab because a lot of people use that and also i guess ill use 80's as long as there are no side affects to using to big of injecotors.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Am i going to need the throttle bracket too? Where can i find those at, id hate to get to the tuner and be held up on something small like that.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Ok cool. I think ill use the Accufab because a lot of people use that and also i guess ill use 80's as long as there are no side affects to using to big of injecotors.
I ran 80's on my last set up and kept them for when I swap to a bigger blower. They take a little more tweaking, but I think they're a good choice.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Am i going to need the throttle bracket too? Where can i find those at, id hate to get to the tuner and be held up on something small like that.

Yeah, looks like your missing a few little brackets, throttle cable and the bracket it mounts too and the bracket for the EGR/Bypass stuff on the right of the blower. You can see on the pick below, they're pretty straight and easy to replicate if you had to unlike say the stock cable bracket.

attachment.php

03' White Snake

Established Member

60's and 80's are the same price. Buy 80's. Then you can always go bigger and not have to buy them again. I ran 80's on my unported eaton for a few years because I only wanted to buy injectors once. It ran fine. Its all on the tune.

I also run an accufab TB on mine.

What pumps are you planning on running?

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
60's and 80's are the same price. Buy 80's. Then you can always go bigger and not have to buy them again. I ran 80's on my unported eaton for a few years because I only wanted to buy injectors once. It ran fine. Its all on the tune.

I also run an accufab TB on mine.

What pumps are you planning on running?

I guess the stock pumps with a BAP

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Yeah, looks like your missing a few little brackets, throttle cable and the bracket it mounts too and the bracket for the EGR/Bypass stuff on the right of the blower. You can see on the pick below, they're pretty straight and easy to replicate if you had to unlike say the stock cable bracket.

attachment.php

Can you get some more pics of those brackets a little closer. I cant tell what the throttle bracket is bolting to, my blower doesnt have any screw holes on the top of the housing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! You're going to like the new setup. Be sure to let us know how you like the changes once everything is installed with the new tune.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member

I wish i had or somebody could make me a Cad drawing of these brackets. I feel i could make them if i knew the dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread