My KB '12 GT/CS Build Thread

Doug1227

Established Member
Yep. Already have them. I'll be putting them in before it goes to the shop. I'm still on the 6-rib setup, so we'll see what she makes on the 3.25" pulley for now. I'll either do the 8-rib conversion or go ham and get the 3.6 when my checking account recovers! Lol!

Doug1227

Established Member
I got the gears installed, plugs changed and will be dropping it off on Monday to be installed! Can't wait!

Joey8

Established Member
sub'd. Im SO torn between the vmp tvs, KB 2.8lc, or the new lund TT kit haha. This looks like an awesome build for sure!

RC-5.0

Established Member
sub'd. Im SO torn between the vmp tvs, KB 2.8lc, or the new lund TT kit haha. This looks like an awesome build for sure!

In making a final decision, decide what you want to "end up" with. ANY of those can get you over the limits of the stock internals, so if you never want to plan to change any of that, then go with the cheapest route (most likely VMP). If it's in your budget and you will want to do a build down the line, then TT :rolling:

I think with Roush, VMP, and Whipple, the KB's have fallen out of favor in recent years.

RC

12gt500

Established Member
Man awesome build. Did you ever run at the track? How's the auto holding up is it stock? And did you hook with those mt's.

Doug1227

Established Member
The car has been a best of 10.51@ 134. It was early shifting the 1-2 at 5000rpm, so I think it has a 10.3x or so in it if the shifts were corrected. We're going to put another 4 #'s on it next week after the Aluminator, so I'm expecting some 9's for sure and maybe some 140's! The auto is holding up fine and is still bone stock and stock rear end gears (3.15). Tires dead hook at the track (275/60-15 MT DR). On the street during the summer I run a 305/35-19 MT DR and they do ok above 40 MPH. Street tires are a joke and spin at 70!

Last edited:

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
I don't know if it's going to be an issue but let me know how it works for you man running 15psi on the 6rib pulley. Because if I don't sell the KB setup within the next week or two I'm going to build my block and go to the 8 rib setup and run 16-18psi. But if I don't go to the 8 rib right away I just hope on 15psi with the 6rib don't belt slip a ton!! I'm very excited to see what your car does though!! Good luck and don't forget to update us!! :)

Doug1227

Established Member
KB says the 3.25" pulley (15#) is the smallest they like to run on a 6-rib. It should make between 750-800rwhp on E85. I'm installing my return system at the same time, so really belt slip will be my only limitation since I'm still 6-rib. I'm trying to decide if I should put the $1k toward the 8-rib conversion or towards the 3.6! :)

jccobra

Established Member
Car looks awesome I just bought a 2011 with a kenne bell just started driving it because of the weather but if I get on it hard I get a oil leak when it sits but if I drive it easy no oil leak can't tell where it's coming from dripping behind oil pan

knight5.0

Project Lightning
Established Member
New Stickies!
DSCN0726.jpg

What stickies did you get?

Doug1227

Established Member
Tires are MT 305/35-19 ET Street Radial II's. I'm on my second pair now. Love them! I daily on them from April to November or so each year.

Doug1227

Established Member
Motor swap is complete, return system installed, 15# pulley installed and now I get to WAIT until next Tuesday for the dyno! Ugh...I hate waiting! :)

Doug1227

Established Member
Anything over about 1/2 throttle you can definitely hear. It should be a little louder on the 15# pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread