My KB '12 GT/CS Build Thread

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
When i went to pick up my car from a Paxton install there was a sign on the counter I found to be funny yet truthful, it said: If you want your car to idle like stock, and if you want your car to sound like stock, and if want your car to ride like stock....then leave it stock!

Last edited:

Doug1227

Established Member
Ain't that the truth! Lol! Honestly, considering how much power it makes, it's pretty amazing how docile it is when not in boost.

Established Member
You mean you can't have your cake and eat it too I

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Patric7olicoe

Established Member
I figured I'd get this up to date since I'll have some major changes happening soon...
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
If you go to a dealer and test drive a stock GT after tasting the boost kool aid, you would probably feel like your driving a 4 cylinder car. Every upgrade done correctly to these cars changes the car dramatically. Its amazing how soft these cars come from the factory but its great platform from which to build upon!

Last edited:

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
Well right now I'm in the process of putting th400 in it but it was manual and I never got the issue fixed before I blew the mt82, so it's still there lol

Doug1227

Established Member
Gotcha. I thought you were implying the tune affected the transmission or something. Did you get any times out of yours before the tranny problems?

Doug1227

Established Member
I've been wanting to get the back of my car to sit a little bit lower, so I pulled the trigger on some Eibach Sportlines this week. Here's an after pic. Car's dirty, but you get the point.

DSC_0639.jpg

DSC_0640.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

DSC_0643.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

Doug1227

Established Member
It feels fine. I had those $100 Roush/DUB/Eibach springs on there before and they didn't ride bad, I just wanted it to sit a little lower in the back. I'm actually still on those front springs. Once I installed the KB, the extra weight made it sit a little lower in the front. I think they're a softer spring than the Sportlines, so I think I'm gonna leave it like it is. I've got Koni Yellows, so hopefully at full soft and the DUB fronts, I may still be able to get some traction at the track. I'll find out next week!

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
Gotcha. I thought you were implying the tune affected the transmission or something. Did you get any times out of yours before the tranny problems?

Yeah I ran 6.97@100 in the 1/8 with 10psi on pump gas but that was before I had the 168mm TB on it. Also best 1/4 was 11.1 at 124 running out of gear in 4th and after I got the TB on it never for it to the track before the trans took a dump on me but now I'm just waiting on the bell housing and the process to put it back together will start. When are you planning on getting that beast to the track?

Doug1227

Established Member
I figured I'd bump this up since I just ordered THIS! :)
M-6007-A50SC.jpg

I'll be bumping the boost up initially to 15#'s and see where it ends up. Motor swap the first week of April and dyno on 4/8. Tune will be on E85 with the Lethal return fuel system. I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread