My Gen V Viper and C7 Z06 Comparison

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
In the last pic it almost looks like the vette is two different cars separated where the door meets the rear, Chevy/GM could have done a better job, just not feeling it. Viper looks sick. For street use will never use either car to its potential anyways.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
It's in the blood. I still have all the old cars. Lol

Been following the camaro. Damn man. Incredible. You gonna make PT '15?

Long way to go and offshore work between now and then.

Motor is in. Turbo fab to start soon. Glad to hear you got the old cars still.

Kel

Established Member
Thanks for the kudos guys. As a bonus I could add another comparison to the '13 GT500. I have one of those sitting in the garage too. But I'm afraid that comparison would be more apples to oranges and rather predictable.

Excellent write up, thanks. I would like to hear your thoughts on the GT 500, not necessarily in direct comparison, but in context since it's obviously not a 2 seater sports car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You did a really excellent job with the write-up. You were about as objective as you could be. I think you made the right choice and over time you'll be glad you bought the Viper. The Gen 5 Viper is an awesome car that always gets the attention of those around it. The new Vette is technologically superior, of course, but performance and looks wise the Gen 5 Viper gets the easy nod. Yours is gorgeous. Enjoy it! :rockon:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Im a vette guy and currently own a C6Z and i do not not care for the C7 or the C7Z at all. I would take that Viper over the Vette if i had to pick one just based on looks alone.

1.8t

Established Member
I am an ex C6Z owner and I went Viper. The C7Z is definitely cool, but I really don't like all the weight it packed on. Hell of a car, but I am extremely happy with the Viper.

bmore1186

Established Member
From my understanding watching some of the TRC video the Vipers become a entirely new beast with bolt ons and new tires

99BOSS

Established Member
Great write up OP and youre dead on in your Viper assessment. Love your car, its identical to mine!! The new Vipers are just head and shoulders over a Corvette in the rare and exotic looking dept and people are starting to see that with a tune thats now available and some headers, these cars become true beasts! I love my car more and more every time I drive it. Its steadily moving up my list of all time best cars Ive owned. :beer:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
What year did the Viper really start to show change, in terms of being a better all around Viper? 2012 and newer?

Ponyracer1

Established Member
The real question Op, is what does your buddy think? Is he happy with his purchase or does he wish he followed your lead? VIPER FTMFW!!

Sn95Snake

Established Member
"Summary: The Z is like a REALLY nice, fast housecat. The Viper feels more like a lion that you dumped a bucket of water on while poking it in the butt with a hot stick."

I love that quote! If I was going to buy a 90k+ car it would be the Viper because that feeling is what I crave in a car!

Definitely wouldn't complain about a Z06 though!

mustang addict

Established Member
The real question Op, is what does your buddy think? Is he happy with his purchase or does he wish he followed your lead? VIPER FTMFW!!

You know...I'm not sure. I think he likes the gizmos and gadgets on the vette and that has him sold. He just kept saying "It has a readout for tire temperatures". LOL Great guy and if that's what he wants, it's what he wants. He's not a "driver" and won't race it so his criteria is different than mine.

I'm more like Ricky Bobby but with less money and no sponsors: "I just wanna go fast!" LOL

Users who are viewing this thread