my friends newly completed GT

black 10th vert

Established Member
Hi everyone! I just joined the site. Thank you for all the negative feedback on my car. Everyone I've ever met has been blown away by it. I guess they were all just lying to me. Anyway, I don't care what anyone thinks, I get tons of looks and compliments on my car and I love it. I'm surprised not one person had something nice to say other than the turbo. It sounds like you're all just agreeing with eachother because you're afraid to have your own opinion. I would never insult anyones car even if I hated it. I guess I always believed if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything but thats just me.

Welcome to the site! I hear you on the criticism thing, but that seems to go with the territory here, unfortunately.:nonono: Anyway, I think it came out pretty sweet, and I seem to be in the minority here, but the KR hood is something I like. Anyway, I definitely see the theme you were going for on this build with the retro KR look. Even though the CS wheels go perfectly with that theme in mind, I think you may have received much less negativity if you had gone with some deep dish TF wheels, or something like that, but as I said it looks sweet anyway, so enjoy it!:beer:

mnewxcv

Established Member
Hi everyone! I just joined the site. Thank you for all the negative feedback on my car. Everyone I've ever met has been blown away by it. I guess they were all just lying to me. Anyway, I don't care what anyone thinks, I get tons of looks and compliments on my car and I love it. I'm surprised not one person had something nice to say other than the turbo. It sounds like you're all just agreeing with eachother because you're afraid to have your own opinion. I would never insult anyones car even if I hated it. I guess I always believed if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything but thats just me.

i thought it looked like shit. then i looked again and sorta like it. it does sort of look sad though with droopy eyelids lol. my suggestion though would try out some wheel spacers.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
I hate the 1/4 louvers on these cars, the ones on the red car look like ass. The S197 body is not the best looking and i think most of the appreance mods that people do to them makes them look worse. I think these cars look best with just some nice wheels and a decent drop.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I personally think Dawn has done a great job with the car & MODS!!! LL looks great & does draw a lot of attenion at a local & national level....Maybe one should Evaluate there own stuff before they're so critical to others!! :nonono:

Nice Turbo LL Dawn!!! :beer:

Red10thcv

Established Member
Old Guy Here.

It reminds me of Seaform Green with old style Shelby 10 spokes.
People will notice the car good or bad. And I've seen ALOT worse cars.
No:poke:from me.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Thank you both..A friend referred me to this site because he said it has a lot of good Technical info. I have a new SHO coming and figured it would be a good place for info if I needed it. But if criticism is the norm, then I'll just go find a SHO specific site. I don't wish to be surrounded by negativity. I mean we are all enthusiasts right? Why bash others car? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but come on, some of those comments were pretty harsh and unnecessary IMO.

Yes, in some angles it has a sad look. It looks much better from the side (has a shark look). Thanks for giving it a second look. It looks a lot better in person.

Sorry to see someone who is obviously an enthusiast get turned away so quickly. I have to agree that there is a ton of negativity if you color outside the lines at all with regard to styling on this site. It is one of my favorite sites for general entertainment, and tech stuff, but the bashing really sucks, and I'm not really sure why it is even tolerated outside of the "smackdown" section of this site. I have a Terminator, so I generally hang in that section, but have seen this type of thing happen there too if someone dared to alter the factory body kit, change the interior, etc. from the way it rolled off the assembly line.:rollseyes

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Sorry to see someone who is obviously an enthusiast get turned away so quickly. I have to agree that there is a ton of negativity if you color outside the lines at all with regard to styling on this site. It is one of my favorite sites for general entertainment, and tech stuff, but the bashing really sucks, and I'm not really sure why it is even tolerated outside of the "smackdown" section of this site. I have a Terminator, so I generally hang in that section, but have seen this type of thing happen there too if someone dared to alter the factory body kit, change the interior, etc. from the way it rolled off the assembly line.:rollseyes

I think that sort of mentality is true for the Terminator but not so much for anything else. Maybe the GT500 to a degree.

As for the negative comments, it's the Internet and people are much more open about their opinions than they would be in real life. I think it makes it worse if you're talking about a big forum like this one. I notice people are a little more polite on smaller forums like ones that are centered on your own local area.

To the owner of the lime green GT, I wouldn't take the negative comments personally or seriously. We all have different tastes and not everyone is going to agree on what looks good. Just "ask" Pootang (I think that's his name, or it's something like that) and look at his threads about his cars. To be polite about it, that guy has some very "unique" tastes where he gets picked on the worst I have ever seen, but he handles it very well. So don't let the negative comments here make you avoid this site becuase it is really a good one. I have gotten plenty of laughs and help from it.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I get what you are saying, but there is definitely not as many girls into this scene as there are guys, and to just trash the new girl in town on her first showing/thread is pretty crappy. It's HER f***ing car, and she is obviously proud of it, so why can't people just move along if they have nothing positive to say about it!? My car is definitely within the top 10% of cars on this site, but I don't bother posting pics of it in here for this very reason. There is always a bunch of jealous, internet commandos ready to critique everyone else's ride, and I don't have the time to deal with that juvenile bs.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I think it doesn't look bad at all, I would just get different set of wheels to bring out more of the exterior.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I get what you are saying, but there is definitely not as many girls into this scene as there are guys, and to just trash the new girl in town on her first showing/thread is pretty crappy. It's HER f***ing car, and she is obviously proud of it, so why can't people just move along if they have nothing positive to say about it!? My car is definitely within the top 10% of cars on this site, but I don't bother posting pics of it in here for this very reason. There is always a bunch of jealous, internet commandos ready to critique everyone else's ride, and I don't have the time to deal with that juvenile bs.

I agree people were too harsh on her car. I'm thinking if she did start this thread, and not one of her friends, posters would have been a little more diplomatic seeing how she is new. Although, I would still expect some harsh feedback, but maybe not quite as much.

mysteed

Established Member
...Guess you missed the TURBO part!
Actually Tim I didn't. :poke:

How so? :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread