My first loss with the Paxton! Boost vs boost. Gopro video.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I've been contemplating the torque booster kit for a while now. I'm currently running 12 psi on my BOSS with 720 RWHP. Wanting more torque but I don't want to lose anything up top. Wanted to do a 12 psi spring with the wastegate but am hearing some people say they lose some of the top end charge? I don't see how this is possible if the tune has the same timing and fueling up top with the same boost. It should be a win win situation.

I run 3.15 pulley with 11.7 spring on corn. Went from 3.6 pulley to the 3.15 with wastegate. Highly recommended!

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I run less timing on e85 than most do. I have zero issue with low end power or top end. Currently runnning stock manifold, but I have a boss manifold on standby. Still running stock headers. I have longtubes and k-member awaiting install, but lots of other installs going on before I can work on my own shit.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No over boost, extra torque down low, what isn't to like. If going 3.15 pulley then go 8rib. Install sucked but it is worth it to not have belt slip. If going 3.33 pulley and wastegate it isn't too bad, swap pulley and belt and move idler pulley out a hole to keep belt tight.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Still tossing the idea of the gate setup, I'm just to lazy to pull the blower and all that stuff haha. I really need to buy a slim fan and just get it done. I ordered a rad support to delete the front sway bar. I'm thinking of getting a new up charge pipe fabbed up with less bends and a larger diameter to get a better maf reading aswell. I want to switch to e85 like yesterday but they don't have a fuel system to support MY needs. Sea level + e85 + boost.. Just need to tweak the stock hat and swap pumps.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I recommend going full return and doing it right the first time twin 465 pumps with spot for a third in the hat.

I completely agree, I went twin 465's with full return and couldn't be happier. Plenty of fuel and plenty of room to grow.

mhyjek

Established Member
Or wait for CPR fuel hat. That is what would I plan on doing. Don't get me wrong a quality return system is awesome but I think we should be able in the near future to do it with returnless system.

Blazer with your fuel setup do you get any raw fuel smell, I've read this is a common for those setups?

Users who are viewing this thread