My first loss with the Paxton! Boost vs boost. Gopro video.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Well I only have a few races under my belt with the basic Paxton setup and I got killed by a fully built LT1 with a 75mm turbo. Now I want to gate my system on a 10psi spring with the max flow bov. I'm tuned on 93 but run a mix to 96 every tank..car has MMR oil pump gears. What are your thoughts?

http://youtu.be/87xuGQ-ErPA

Joey8

Established Member
Damn man your car moves out but that LT1 jesus. No disrespect at all but god that thing is a rocket. Good race none the less.

What rpm are you shifting at 7500?

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Sweet baby geezus that car moved out...But so did yours man...He didn't pull THAT hard on you for what you've got done. Sick race.

Troponin

Established Member
Hard to beat those larger displaced engines with turbos.

I am really curious about these E85 tunes though. Can you do them with with a NA? How much of an advantage is it over a 93?

Justin81

Established Member
That was a good old fashion Ass whooping! Do you know the guy? Has he ran that car at the track?

That race makes me mad I got rid of my MMR Built 2V 5.0 GT with a Hellion single Billet 76 and Th-400. It pulled like that car.

FiveSlow

Established Member
I don't know the guy it was at Automotion which is like the Midwest version of TX2k14 or the closest thing we have anyway. I really want to pulley down to the 3.33 with a waste gate, anyone running this that could chime in would be great! In that race 2-3 I shifted at 7100, 3-4 I shifted at about 7300, and I think I went into 5th around 7500 or around. Stock manifold peaks at 7200.

Full mod list:
Dss alum driveshaft, BMR lca, white line trans mount modded, Barton 2 post bracket, 170* tstat, 18" Amrs 275's up front 305's out back. Beefcake special, id1000's, 17v bap. Jegs cat deletes, flowmaster outlaw catback, airade cone filter. MMR oil pump gears. That's about it. Stock headers, stock intake ect.

Last edited:

FiveSlow

Established Member
Do you have a boss? How are you running that much boost on a stock engine?! That's got to be over 700 with e-85?! I'm scared to boost it that much, I'm going to cap it at 10psi.

Black11gt

Established Member
cant take anything away from you or the car on that race. your car runs well & you drive it well. Just happened to race a very quick car.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I don't know the guy it was at Automotion which is like the Midwest version of TX2k14 or the closest thing we have anyway. I really want to pulley down to the 3.33 with a waste gate, anyone running this that could chime in would be great! In that race 2-3 I shifted at 7100, 3-4 I shifted at about 7300, and I think I went into 5th around 7500 or around. Stock manifold peaks at 7200.

Full mod list:
Dss alum driveshaft, BMR lca, white line trans mount modded, Barton 2 post bracket, 170* tstat, 18" Amrs 275's up front 305's out back. Beefcake special, id1000's, 17v bap. Jegs cat deletes, flowmaster outlaw catback, airade cone filter. MMR oil pump gears. That's about it. Stock headers, stock intake ect.

Maybe get that thing breathing a little better would help you rather than increasing boost?

FiveSlow

Established Member
Thanks guys!

I would put some long tubes on it but it makes more sense to gate it. I'm not really adding more boost by going to a gate it's just going to comeon sooner. Instead of peaking at 10psi right when I shift and having around 4-5psi on the initial hit, I'll have more like 8-9psi on the hit. It's almost 100hp/tq difference off the hit if you get what I'm saying. Long tubes would be great but the stock ones flow plenty for my boost levels. If I was built I'd buy them but for now I'm looking elsewhere for power. My mt-82 seems to be fine since I made some changes to it so I have funds tucked away incase that let's go. Headers will come eventually but I think a gated setup would be better for now.
I'm also not really a fan of the boss mani since I don't rev it to the moon. I don't want to loose any TQ for useless peak numbers.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
You know turbos make more power and torque when the boost levels are equal! A turbo coyote would eat that lt1 for breakfast!

FiveSlow

Established Member
You know turbos make more power and torque when the boost levels are equal! A turbo coyote would eat that lt1 for breakfast!

That is true! But at my level it doesn't matter because the stock motor can only handle so much regardless of the boost level.

Users who are viewing this thread