My first cobra

mistergee

NEW SVT 0WNER
Established Member
RECENTLY BOUGHT ME A 2003 FORD MUSTANG COBRA, DARK SHADOW GREY.
SO FAR I'VE INSTALLED, JLT CAI, SCT PROGRAMMER, 2.8 SC PULLY, AND Billet Flow Snub Idler Pulley Kit Bracket + 4 Pulleys,STEEDA TRI-AX SHORT THROW SHIFTER, CAT-LESS BBK XPIPE, SINGLE CHAMBER FLOWMASTERS, HID KIT FOR FOG AND HEADLIGHTS. AND ON TUES IM GETTING IT DYNO TUNED.
:banana:

2011-12-07_171046.jpg

2011-12-07_171146.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

Last edited:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
congrats on the purchase! you are going to love her! i picked mine up out of dallas as well a few years back.

with your mods, you should be right around 450+ hp to the tires. if the car is going to be your DD, then i would advise NOT to get drag radials. if you were to happen to get caught in the rain, or on some wet roads, you would likely end up in a ditch. i have lost count of how many threads/pics i have seen of totaled cobras, from drag radials in the rain.

if the car is NOT going to be your DD, and mainly just for fun....then i'd go drag radials for sure!

Last edited:

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
Congrats! Beautiful car. IMO DSG is the best, own one myself.

If you are going to be bumpin the hp might want to think about FLSFC and at least a IRS brace. Also to help out with wheel hop visit http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/ check out their FT5001 kit. Installing the kit myself as soon as the snow goes away.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Congratulations and I'm sure that little guy is going to love that car for a long time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice choice of car and color, George. But judging by the photos of you washing your new ride, aren't you a bit short for the front seat? LOL!

Seriously, though, congratulations! You picked a great car and a great color. Enjoy it! It looks like your son totally is in agreement with your choice. You'll hopefully have some fun times in the future with him and with your car.

When you get your tune you will definitely see more than 425rwhp. I know you're on 91 octane premium down there so you won't see the same numbers as you would with a 93 octane tune, but you should see right around 445-450. You're going to love the power increase.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
if you are in DFW than you should have 93 octane...congrats man, looks sharp!...can't wait to have time to drive mine out!

mistergee

NEW SVT 0WNER
Established Member
I hope drag radials are on order or itll be slower then stock! lol

since its a DD, IM JUST GOING TO PURCHASE SOME TIRES W/ SLICK TO CHANGE OUT FOR THE TRACK.
i heard with the stock irs, i need to run slicks since they are softer. anyone on here say diff?

mistergee

NEW SVT 0WNER
Established Member
@somesoldier
thanks i'll make sure and check it out.
also new to the game whats does flsfc mean?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread