My FFR AC Cobra build thread

railroad

Established Member
Leave the outside panel of the drivers foot box off. It will make working inside the foot box easier, ie installing sound and heat barrier, carpet, dead pedal, brake and clutch foot pad adjustments, just to name a few.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Leave the outside panel of the drivers foot box off. It will make working inside the foot box easier, ie installing sound and heat barrier, carpet, dead pedal, brake and clutch foot pad adjustments, just to name a few.
Exactly. If you look close, the top and and outside panels are still clecoed in. I'll wait until I absolutely have to rivet them in.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
One more picture before I'm gone for 3 weeks.
I just set a bunch of the cockpit panels in place for fitment. When I get home, I'll run brake lines and rivet the rest of the panels in. By the time I get home, I should have my engine and transmission.
6c8b4bffd20a0c384db14974a75d2080.jpg

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
One more picture before I'm gone for 3 weeks.
I just set a bunch of the cockpit panels in place for fitment. When I get home, I'll run brake lines and rivet the rest of the panels in. By the time I get home, I should have my engine and transmission.
6c8b4bffd20a0c384db14974a75d2080.jpg
Looking good man. I may check out those line brackets for my Exocet too.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking good man. I may check out those line brackets for my Exocet too.
I really like them. Lines can easily be removed and reinstalled, which I've had to do. The guy I bought them from said they are very popular with off-roaders too, because they can unsnap the lines to get rocks and debris out from behind lines. They make a nice, clean install.

Users who are viewing this thread