My dyno vid

TRBO VNM

posted this in a couple other places.

not sure how long this will be up, but figured I would post it. This is from the JLP dyno day. It has Tommy(F8tlbite), Denise(JRS BLOWNSNAKE's wife's car) and mine at the end. so KB/Whipple and Turbo.

this gets me so fired up for the track. right click, save as. Cobrachs took the quick vid.

JLP Dyno Day, KB, Whipple, Hellion

Last edited:

Extreme281

Banned
ON THE sINGLE TURBO SET-UP ,WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT TO REMOVE THE STOCK AIR/WATER MIX AND GO TO A FRONT MOUNT WITH A OLD STYLE PLINUM SERIOUSLY.I THINK THE PRO TURBO KIT WILL MAKE MORE EFFICENT POWER.HOW CAN YOU COMPARE A SHEETMETAL HAT ON TOP OF A AIR/WATER TO A 01 PLINUM WITH AIR/AIR.I BOUGHT THE PRO TURBO KIT ,NO K-MEMBER GOT THE UPR KIT "ITS FAR NICER THAN ANY D&D " UPGRADED TO A BALL-BEARING T-76 TURBONETICS AND CONVERTED MY AIR TO WATER W/A FUEL CELL IN THE TRUNK WITH COLD WATER .ILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT IT PULLS

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Here's why the air to air setup (with 99+ intake) is better....... the intake runners on the ptk setup are very very very short. That means the car is not going to want to build low rpm torque. With no low rpm torque, you are going to have a slow spooling turbo. Simple as that. You will make a lot of peak power though. Those short runners will do very well from 5000rpms on up. The factory intercooler setup is very efficient, but the roots/twinscrew blowers can make up for the extremely short intake runners so you'll never see the negative results of super short runners. With a centrifical blower, or big turbo, you will see those less than stellar low/rpm torque numbers most likely. But, you dont see too many ptk '03 cobras out there, so I'm curious to see the results. Good luck!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice video. I had to laugh at the last car being dynoed. It looked like the owner was on the right and each time they neared the redline he started shaking his head as if to say, "OK guys, that's enough please!" LOL!

TRBO VNM

CobraBob said:
Nice video. I had to laugh at the last car being dynoed. It looked like the owner was on the right and each time they neared the redline he started shaking his head as if to say, "OK guys, that's enough please!" LOL!

hahaha, nope. that was actually Cobrachs and/or F8tlbite. I was in the passenger seat for the first 2 pulls and then on the passenger side fender area on the last pull looking at a sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread