My DSG Cobra Stance/Updates

Jsko

Established Member
Just wanted to share some photos I took today of my 2003 Cobra. A lot of work has gone into the car this year just during the spring/summer. Basically went from being a catback only car, to a 2.2 Twin Screwed beast pushing 19lbs. I am loving the new suspension setup, and looking to complete it over the winter with Bruce's FTBR IRS Bushings. The car rides and feels like it is in stock trim, until you hammer down on the throttle.

It has been a long time in the making, and stock piling a bunch of parts for a few years now. I decided to put everything on at once, and I think it was well worth the wait.

Album: 2003 Cobra 9-25-11 pictures by jsko - Photobucket

Car sits on H&R Race Springs, all isolators are in. It still may settle as its only been 2 weeks, I was worried about the road conditions in NJ and lowering it too much. I think if I don't have too many problems, I may pull the upper isolators out.

These are my favorite shots, I edited them with Photomatrix, but used a standard point and shoot.

Before:
ngks3.jpg

After:
622.gif

628.gif

633.gif

636-1.gif

641.gif

646.gif

IMG_0648.gif

Yea... I really need to detail the engine bay, going to try the F21 spray down.

moot09

Established Member
Looks great man! Love the new look! An EGR delete would be more than beneficial to clean up that mess of hoses on the side of the blower.

Jsko

Established Member
your car is sex on wheels! badass!

Thanks man! I try to detail the **** of it.

hell ya man looks good!!!

Thanks!

Looks great man! Love the new look! An EGR delete would be more than beneficial to clean up that mess of hoses on the side of the blower.

Yea I was thinking of deleting the EGR, but I wanted to keep it close to stock for what it is. So I have the EGR and Cats still. I may try to hide it under the cowl since I seen that thread in the How To section.

stance looks awesome! great looking 2.2 setup you have there!

Thanks man, I think it could be a little bit lower, but it does look great with the 18s. The 2.2 is running strong, I picked it up a few years back with a fresh rebuild from HBH.

Great looking DSG!! :)

Thanks! DSG FTW!

04svtNJ

Established Member
Beautiful, where about in NJ are you, I'm located in Somerset county, and I have a set of H&R Races springs waiting to go on my car, I was planning on running no isos besides the stock bottoms up front as i saw someone with that setup (low level look) I was pleased with. NJ roads are also in the back of mind!

Jsko

Established Member
Beautiful, where about in NJ are you, I'm located in Somerset county, and I have a set of H&R Races springs waiting to go on my car, I was planning on running no isos besides the stock bottoms up front as i saw someone with that setup (low level look) I was pleased with. NJ roads are also in the back of mind!

I am in Warren County. I am on the fence about removing the upper isolators. I am happy with how it sits now, so I may just leave it.

I was hitting the exhaust on some entrances, but it looks like my one side of my X Pipe is loose and is causing it. So Ill fix that, check the clearance and then determine what to do.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gorgeous looking Cobra! I like the stance, but I'd probably want it to be just a tad lower, especially at the rear. But like you said, the springs have only been installed for 2 weeks and they might settle a bit more. Definitely a big difference over the stock stance. Again, gorgeous Cobra!

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Car looks great bro. Been a long time coming! Nice numbers too! When are you going to take it to the track?

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Looks great! Same springs I had in my Sonic Blue 03 Cobra.

Love the whole look!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

mrose75

Established Member
The chrome reps look so tits!! I think I want a set just to change things up every once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread