My Dog passed away today - so sad -pics included

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member

DevilSun

Established Member
Aww man, that's no good. My condolences to you and your wife. The sadness doesn't ever go away IMO, you just cover it over time...that or it still hasn't been long enough for me. It's important to realize though that the sadness is merely a direct correlation of the higher bond and happiness you all shared for the time he blessed your life with his companionship and that there's nothing (at all) wrong with that or being sad or crying about it.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
the tears will fade but the sadness never goes away bud. I still look out the kitchen window every single day for Hogan. He pass in his sleep december 27th and there has been a hole in my heart ever since. You still have my number? Call anytime! Just try to remember the good times! I started a thread in pics/vids............it helped me alot. Tons of support from friends on here. Heck I just posted up more pics of Hogan today!

JJ1997PGSVT

Established Member
So sorry to hear that. I found one of my border collies dead before I left for work one morning couple years ago. Its like losing a member of the family when you've had a pet that long. Just remember she's not suffering anymore. You wont get completely over it. Remember the good times(and pull the pictures out and make a collage of her--someone suggested that to me when mine passed). Don't rush out and get another one yet, wait a while. I still haven't gotten another one, maybe someday. Good luck OP. RIP

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Awww I am so sorry! I can totally relate, we just put my 15 year old kitty to sleep this past Monday. He had kidney cancer and was in renal failure. Heck, he was older than our son. He was born here at the ranch, and came back here from the vet to stay forever. Sounds like your pup had a wonderful life with you.

oldmodman

Established Member
You will get over the initial hurt but you will always remember your friend.

Wait awhile before getting another dog. I once went out and got another dog the next day and could only see my old buddy in the new dog. It took months before I reconciled that it was a new dog, not part II of my old friend.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
Sorry to hear that man. I have a 6 year old boxer that I found out 6 months ago has cancer. He's still doing good but I can't count how many times I'm shed tears because of it. I decided to let him ride it out instead of taking his leg which is where it's at. He had/has a very happy and good life so I'll let him live it out like he should.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Sorry to hear that man. I have a 6 year old boxer that I found out 6 months ago has cancer. He's still doing good but I can't count how many times I'm shed tears because of it. I decided to let him ride it out instead of taking his leg which is where it's at. He had/has a very happy and good life so I'll let him live it out like he should.

FWIW, dogs can live just as good of lives while 3 wheeling. It usually doesn't inhibit their movement a lot, if at all.

Sorry about your pup :( I hate threads like this.

ssssnake

Established Member
In my 54 years, I've lost a lot of pets. I still think about all of them (at different times). They are family, a part of your life, and you won't ever forget them. I'm sorry for your loss. I think your pic captured her personality well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Aww man, that's no good. My condolences to you and your wife. The sadness doesn't ever go away IMO, you just cover it over time...that or it still hasn't been long enough for me. It's important to realize though that the sadness is merely a direct correlation of the higher bond and happiness you all shared for the time he blessed your life with his companionship and that there's nothing (at all) wrong with that or being sad or crying about it.

Beautifully said. I've never owned a dog (or had any pet) but I can well appreciate the bond formed. I've seen and felt the bond many times through the lives of others, including my daughter who has a wonderful dog, Emmy. Kel, I do pray that you'll get to see her in heaven in some way, and I pray the Lord's grace and love comfort you and your wife, and ease your heart pain. I know it's difficult. God bless you my friend.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Sorry about your loss. I love dogs, i just hate the fact they have to leave us so soon. Just know your pup knew you loved her and gave her a great life!

Robert Francis

Established Member
I'm sorry for you loss. You can be consoled by knowing that the place your dog was ever safest in, was in your hands. You'll always have the great memories, but for now there's a grieving proces you'll go through and it will take some time.

The sadness will always be there, but your dog would tell you that she will always be with you, and you can honor her best by sharing your love for her, with another dog. When you are ready, there is a shelter nearby with a dog in there awaiting you.

Users who are viewing this thread