my CSVT doesnt seem as fast as others??

Steeltwo

Established Member
Champ10187 said:
the problem is getting worse. If i just hold the ignition the car wont fire no matter how logn i hold it down but when i crank it and give it gas it takes 3-4 seconds to fire up and it does it everytime i start the car now. And everytime it shoots out smoke only at the beginning and it also smells very rich at the beginning. Any thoughts?
check your plugs

mine were shot and it kinda went like yours until they got changed.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Champ10187 said:
the problem is getting worse. If i just hold the ignition the car wont fire no matter how logn i hold it down but when i crank it and give it gas it takes 3-4 seconds to fire up and it does it everytime i start the car now. And everytime it shoots out smoke only at the beginning and it also smells very rich at the beginning. Any thoughts?

You definitely have a rich condition. Maybe bad MAF, o2's are something else causing the car to dump fuel. Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and check pressure. Could be a bad regulator. The reason it starts with the pedel depressed is that you're opining the throttlebody thus letting in more air to mix with the extra fuel that your motor is already seeing. Once you figure why your'e dumping fuel it'll fix all your problems.

Users who are viewing this thread