my CSVT doesnt seem as fast as others??

craiger

Established Member
i have a completely stock '00 except for the short shift kit. I have the same power problem as Costume... not smooth throught the power band; seems to pull then not as much then pulls again.??!! any ideas? car only has 44,000 miles.

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
Originally posted by Hunt
My Car doesnt have the kick till about 4000. I have never realized that anyone elses goes before?

I have raced it, while everything is same as when i bought it, which is a drop in K&N, Importish mufflers (bearable ones) res removed. and thats it.

I live in Utah, raced at RMR and my best is:

R/T - .690
60' - 2.323
330 - 6.614
1/8 - 10.174
MPH - 69.031
1000 - 13.238
1/4 - 15.828
MPH - 86.67

I just thought that the .4 dif would have been elevation? do you think i would see much better times if i could get my IMRC to open earlier?? and how would i do that?

sorry for thread jack and length :)

-Daniel
I think you are underestimating how hard our cars are to launch. ALOT of practice and skill are needed to get great times with our cars.

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
Contour.org has a how-to for the 99-00 fuel pump. The 98's and early 99's don't suffer from the same pump problems as the later cars.

LateralFace

Established Member
An easy way to get the inside of your engine clean is to buy a detergent from an autoparts store.

As for the ticking you might want to be careful, somtimes if you or a previous owner didn't change the oil in a timely fashion e.g. (not changing for 6000+ miles) the ticking may come from sticking/built up valves. If that is the case, you may never be able to get rid of it (or at least without replacing alot of crap).

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by craiger
i have a completely stock '00 except for the short shift kit. I have the same power problem as Costume... not smooth throught the power band; seems to pull then not as much then pulls again.??!! any ideas? car only has 44,000 miles.

My 00 was doing the same thing. I had it dynoed and the curve just took a nose dive at 5500rpms.

Most say not to do this but I bought a Diablochip and did a dyno tune. I got back not only a lot of power, but my hp curve on the dyno was practically still climbing when it hit the limiter. Torque has been lifted nicely and it rips to redline the way it use to.

-R-

craiger

Established Member
fuel pump?

hey green... are you saying the chip fixed the problem with the power curve. I don't want to put in the time and money on a fuel pump if it wont help

Green SVT

Established Member
All Costume- I got a chip off of the CEG classifieds for $125. It didn't work so I had to get a new one from the dyno shop. Personally, if I had the money, I would get a chip from Street Flight as they have done extensive tuning on our cars and you'll probably get exactly what you want.

Craiger- I replace my CAT, MAF, fuel pump and fuel filter first. Any and everything I thought was the problem I fixed. Nothing did it. Luckily I'm still under warranty so it didn't cost me.

Finally, I got the chip as it was suggested my a/f ratio could be the problem. Sure enough, the tunebrought my powerband back to life.

I hate to say it but I would check all possibilities first. Just in case something is really wrong. Having barely over 30k miles was a lifesaver.

-R-

craiger

Established Member
my car just turned over to 45,000 and I have just replaced the fuel filter because that was easy.... still has the powerband problem exactly like you described. So guess will try the other things first.
thanks

Champ10187

Established Member
the problem is getting worse. If i just hold the ignition the car wont fire no matter how logn i hold it down but when i crank it and give it gas it takes 3-4 seconds to fire up and it does it everytime i start the car now. And everytime it shoots out smoke only at the beginning and it also smells very rich at the beginning. Any thoughts?

all costume SVT

Established Member
it might be the MAF unit. i didn't think that if you push the gass pedel in it would do anything? are cars arn't carberated?

Users who are viewing this thread