my cobra vs g35 vs camaro ss

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
but its always nice to shut down a arrogant SOB on the streets!

X10000

My favorite kill in my 99z was vs a new C6.... He even pulled over to wait for me when I was waiting for a red light. ....I ran into him a few days later and he said he thought I was just exhaust!!

The look on his face was priceless because I gave him the hit then walked him HARD!!

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Hahahahaha, ya. Ive seen two different LS1 fbodies get on the same dyno on the same day, both bone stock and both M6. One dynoed 280 rwhp and the other 320 rwhp........A rare few(as far as I know) run 12.9 stock, and yet others run low to mid 13s. Of course, Im referring to M6 LS1s and all have good drivers. Just crazy differences in power.

Yeah I hear you... I made really good power bone stock on a generous dyno so it's hard for me to compare numbers to what most people see on other dynos. Just playing devils advocate. :)

What was your 60'?

2.152 on my stock pass. If memory serves the later one was with a bad 60ft (2.3?) and a nasty bog after blowing 1st gear and shifting to 2nd at a slow speed.

The one dynoing 280 must have had something wrong with it. I used to work at a GM shop and would get cars ready on the dyno and help the tuner out. Most stock/bolt-on 6 speeds would put down between 310-350rwhp with a tune. 280's way low!! The previous owner dynod mine at the shop I worked at and it put down 332rwhp with a tune.

While I agree I also see his point...I've seen numerous LS1 cars that don't perform like they should. I know earlier models had KR issues right from the factory.. and others has needle roller issues in the RRs. My buddy has a 98 Z28 (3:23 Auto) that struggles to run 13.99... he just won't listen to anyone and thinks it's normal instead of getting it fixed. :shrug:

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
It's all good man..... my "Rant" wasn't directed at anyone specifically. I've just seen quite a few threads lately where some of the Chevy guys get a little carried away with their mighty LSX's.

Hey I will continue to disagree with you on some things you say.. just how I am. That alone doesn't make me a fanboy though. :p

Users who are viewing this thread