my cobra vs g35 vs camaro ss

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Ya but we all know how consistent all the LS1s are out there........

Valid point but in this place every 03 Cobra runs 12.7s stock, every Mach 1 runs 12.9s, etc... so it's only fair to throw my shitty times in there once in a while. :banana::shrug:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Valid point but in this place every 03 Cobra runs 12.7s stock, every Mach 1 runs 12.9s, etc... so it's only fair to throw my shitty times in there once in a while. :banana::shrug:

Hahahahaha, ya. Ive seen two different LS1 fbodies get on the same dyno on the same day, both bone stock and both M6. One dynoed 280 rwhp and the other 320 rwhp........A rare few(as far as I know) run 12.9 stock, and yet others run low to mid 13s. Of course, Im referring to M6 LS1s and all have good drivers. Just crazy differences in power.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I did 108.59mph bone stock.... 109.33 with just a lid. :shrug:

What was your 60'?

Hahahahaha, ya. Ive seen two different LS1 fbodies get on the same dyno on the same day, both bone stock and both M6. One dynoed 280 rwhp and the other 320 rwhp........A rare few(as far as I know) run 12.9 stock, and yet others run low to mid 13s. Of course, Im referring to M6 LS1s and all have good drivers. Just crazy differences in power.

The one dynoing 280 must have had something wrong with it. I used to work at a GM shop and would get cars ready on the dyno and help the tuner out. Most stock/bolt-on 6 speeds would put down between 310-350rwhp with a tune. 280's way low!! The previous owner dynod mine at the shop I worked at and it put down 332rwhp with a tune.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Easy boys easy. we dont want this turning into the "bolt on mach destroys ls1" thread I just spent half an hour reading on ls1 tech.

What a joke that was.

It makes me apreciate our Chevy brethren here.

You know who you are.

:beer:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Easy boys easy. we dont want this turning into the "bolt on mach destroys ls1" thread I just spent half an hour reading on ls1 tech.

What a joke that was.

It makes me apreciate our Chevy brethren here.

You know who you are.

I had fun with that thread.. Some of those guys take everything soo personally. Like it ruins their entire day if they find out a mach 1 beats a Camaro. :lol1:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I had fun with that thread.. Some of those guys take everything soo personally. Like it ruins their entire day if they find out a mach 1 beats a Camaro. :lol1:

Mach 1 beating an ls1 camaro? That CANNOT happen!! WTF!!!?!??! Its IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! Hell, my mach gets walked by stock LS1s ALL THE TIME! :burn: :lol1:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
What was your 60'?

The one dynoing 280 must have had something wrong with it. I used to work at a GM shop and would get cars ready on the dyno and help the tuner out. Most stock/bolt-on 6 speeds would put down between 310-350rwhp with a tune. 280's way low!! The previous owner dynod mine at the shop I worked at and it put down 332rwhp with a tune.

yup!

I put down 351rwhp/355 rwtq just with long tubes through the stock intake and stock catack...no tune and trapped 111 on street tires...

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Mach 1 beating an ls1 camaro? That CANNOT happen!! WTF!!!?!??! Its IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! Hell, my mach gets walked by stock LS1s ALL THE TIME! :burn: :lol1:

Thats how my post went!!! LOL!!

I'm calling BS.. Its impossible for Mustangs to beat Camaro's! It wont ever happen.

Only kidding! Good races. I've had a terrable tendency to bite off more than I can chew with mustangs. It seems as though all the ones I race open a can of whoop ass on me. Cant ever find a 99-04 GT with just an exhaust to beat up on these days.. I only run into KB/Turbo 03/04 cobra's.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
LOL

Look- don't get it twisted. I have love for my bowtie brethren. (the same CAN'T be said for bowtie fanbois when it comes to anything NOT chevy) The LS series motor is a GREAT platform. But lets also take a step back from full out nutswinging shall we? Just like every platform they have their strengths and weaknesses and are VERY beatable if you have the right combo and know what you are doing.

I had a fully built 99Z and LOVED every second of it. Great car, although I had a stroked LQ9 in mine instead of the LS1 it was still a fantastic car.

But holy crap- LS1's and F-bodies are NOT unbeatable. Crazy I know..... the even sadder part is I have to say this on a FORD site. I expect this kind of blind fanatacism on LS1Tech, but here? WTH?!?!? Come on MAN!!

Rant over.... whew, I feel better now.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
LOL

Look- don't get it twisted. I have love for my bowtie brethren. (the same CAN'T be said for bowtie fanbois when it comes to anything NOT chevy) The LS series motor is a GREAT platform. But lets also take a step back from full out nutswinging shall we? Just like every platform they have their strengths and weaknesses and are VERY beatable if you have the right combo and know what you are doing.

I had a fully built 99Z and LOVED every second of it. Great car, although I had a stroked LQ9 in mine instead of the LS1 it was still a fantastic car.

But holy crap- LS1's and F-bodies are NOT unbeatable. Crazy I know..... the even sadder part is I have to say this on a FORD site. I expect this kind of blind fanatacism on LS1Tech, but here? WTH?!?!? Come on MAN!!

Rant over.... whew, I feel better now.

Out of all my races with mustangs.. I've only been susessful 3 times.

I beat a 99 GT with my old 94 Formula, a cammed 91 5.0 that some clown owned, and a stage 1 05+ roush. I raced and lost to a turbo 03/04 cobra, that I'm pretty sure had a jet engine in it, a stockish 03/04 Cobra, a built SN95 GT (ran mid 11's), a supercharged 351 foxbody, and a 306 foxbody with a 200 shot.

Never said that the LS1's were the best engines ever. However, tons of people have respect for them because they know what theyre capable of. Theyre very good engines that have a ton of modding potential. You can check my posts over on tech too... I am the same way over there as I am here. I try to set some of them streight that think their almighty exhaust only LS1 is something that the Mustang community as a whole should be afraid of.

I know where I am (on a Ford site) and I dont expect anyone to like what I drive. I dont want to sound like a nut swinger, since I am not. I want a 03/04 Cobra for my next car.. I'd love to find a clean lower milage DSG vert. I'm certainly not here to troll either. I'm pretty thankful that this community has accepted us non-ford owners in the way it has. I know it can sometimes be brutal over on Tech for mustang owners.

I guess this thread just kind of irritated me a little because the OP thought that the LS1 would need nitrous to HANG with him. Didnt mean to come across that way.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
It's all good man..... my "Rant" wasn't directed at anyone specifically. I've just seen quite a few threads lately where some of the Chevy guys get a little carried away with their mighty LSX's.

I agree 100% with the nitrous too.... no way in hell could a bolt on N/A 4.6 4 valve beat a spray/bolt-on LS1.

I LOVE both and love the potential of both. Heck- I'm still trying to decide on whether to get a C5Z, Terminator, or GT500 when I get back in 3 yrs. All are sick... I'd even consider a C6 vette if I can find one for under 25k by then.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
Out of all my races with mustangs.. I've only been susessful 3 times.

I beat a 99 GT with my old 94 Formula, a cammed 91 5.0 that some clown owned, and a stage 1 05+ roush. I raced and lost to a turbo 03/04 cobra, that I'm pretty sure had a jet engine in it, a stockish 03/04 Cobra, a built SN95 GT (ran mid 11's), a supercharged 351 foxbody, and a 306 foxbody with a 200 shot.

Never said that the LS1's were the best engines ever. However, tons of people have respect for them because they know what theyre capable of. Theyre very good engines that have a ton of modding potential. You can check my posts over on tech too... I am the same way over there as I am here. I try to set some of them streight that think their almighty exhaust only LS1 is something that the Mustang community as a whole should be afraid of.

I know where I am (on a Ford site) and I dont expect anyone to like what I drive. I dont want to sound like a nut swinger, since I am not. I want a 03/04 Cobra for my next car.. I'd love to find a clean lower milage DSG vert. I'm certainly not here to troll either. I'm pretty thankful that this community has accepted us non-ford owners in the way it has. I know it can sometimes be brutal over on Tech for mustang owners.

I guess this thread just kind of irritated me a little because the OP thought that the LS1 would need nitrous to HANG with him. Didnt mean to come across that way.

+1 to everything you said...

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
It's all good man..... my "Rant" wasn't directed at anyone specifically. I've just seen quite a few threads lately where some of the Chevy guys get a little carried away with their mighty LSX's.

I agree 100% with the nitrous too.... no way in hell could a bolt on N/A 4.6 4 valve beat a spray/bolt-on LS1.

I LOVE both and love the potential of both. Heck- I'm still trying to decide on whether to get a C5Z, Terminator, or GT500 when I get back in 3 yrs. All are sick... I'd even consider a C6 vette if I can find one for under 25k by then.

People get carried away with any platforms. I cant tell you how many local mustang Owners think they are the baddest shit to roam the street...untill they pull up next to something that intimidates them....

but like I said, it happens on both sides. There is alot of cocky LSx owners out there...I may very well be one of them but my setup runs very very well and I have shut down more then a few people when I was the under dog....

like just the other day I had a young kid and his friend revv me up as I was driving by them at a stop light going the opposite way, for no reason...the thing is, It was POURING outside. Like really? I wanted to just get home safe and sound, traction control left on, and these turd nuggets in a bolt on 90's fox are revving me up during a hurricane.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
People get carried away with any platforms. I cant tell you how many local mustang Owners think they are the baddest shit to roam the street...untill they pull up next to something that intimidates them....

but like I said, it happens on both sides. There is alot of cocky LSx owners out there...I may very well be one of them but my setup runs very very well and I have shut down more then a few people when I was the under dog....

like just the other day I had a young kid and his friend revv me up as I was driving by them at a stop light going the opposite way, for no reason...the thing is, It was POURING outside. Like really? I wanted to just get home safe and sound, traction control left on, and these turd nuggets in a bolt on 90's fox are revving me up during a hurricane.

Agreed- actually I think you psm and Camaro94 are the most fair minded bow tie guys on here. You do post some great vids too!!

I guess any type of nutswinger bothers me. It's one thing to love your ride and it's manufacturer but when people start thinking that no one else builds anything decent and you lose respect and perspective of the competition is when I get really irritated.

This is exactly why I left tech. Way too many myopic fanbois over there IMO. They just seemed to think that the automotive world revolves around gm and anyone that didn't agree with them were a lower life form. Many try to bring that mentality here.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
Agreed- actually I think you psm and Camaro94 are the most fair minded bow tie guys on here. You do post some great vids too!!

I guess any type of nutswinger bothers me. It's one thing to love your ride and it's manufacturer but when people start thinking that no one else builds anything decent and you lose respect and perspective of the competition is when I get really irritated.

This is exactly why I left tech. Way too many myopic fanbois over there IMO. They just seemed to think that the automotive world revolves around gm and anyone that didn't agree with them were a lower life form. Many try to bring that mentality here.

ehhhh, im a little bit of a deush bag on here but whatever lol

and, I post on here alot more then on ls1tech. I used to post alot on there, but stopped for the same reason you did...there are alot of good dudes over there, but there is more assholes then good guys so I spend most my time here.

hell, my father has a 65 2+2 Fastback 289 and my grandmother has a 66 289 coupe...I like all cars. Its the owners that make me think twice.

but its always nice to shut down a arrogant SOB on the streets!

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

I had that happen to me too. It was pouring rain outside and as it is I dont have traction in ANY gear on dry roads........I was next to 99-02 TA and the dude takes off from the light like i should race him or something. He got crazy sideways cuz of the rain. I just stayed back so I could keep as much distance between me and that ass hat. :nonono: Nice lookin TA, but had a dumbass for a driver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread