my cobra vs g35 vs camaro ss

blacksvt99

Established Member
KILL ONE

Went to pick up my friend at his house was merging lanes when some bright lights were on my ass. The car got next to me and it was a G35 coupe the driver and passenger looked at me and laughed. I heard him down shift and stayed next to me. I was in second and kept it right at 3k gave him the jump. Let him get about a 1/2 car and stomped on him I didnt even hit 3rd and had 5-6 cars on him. Slowed down and ask them what happen? They were speechless.I told them lets do it again but didn't want anymore.

SECOND RUN

Driving my friend home stopped by the local In & Out to get a bite to eat. When were leaving a 98-03 camaro ss goes by didnt really pay attention to it. Got back on the road to take my friend home. I was cruising it and caught up to the camaro. I could tell he wanted to run because he kept down shifting on me. There was to many cross streets. Got to where there were less cross streets and went at it. I was in second and he was in second I did the 3 honks. As soon as we got on it I started to pull on him I had about 3 cars on him. Then I slowed down and let him catch up to me. We did another pull same results but this time when I was pulling on him. His car started to accelerate like a bat out of hell and flew by me. But I couldn"t put my finger on it. We caught another light so we launched. I lefted him at the light by third I had 3-4 cars on him but once again the car flew by me. Then it clicked this guy running nitrous. Told my friend he was running nitrous as soon as I said that flames shot out of the exhaust. Caught him at another light he rolled down his window and told me fast car. I told him thanks and told him the same. I asked him how big of a shot are you running? He gave me this face like how the freak do you know? But denied it said it was all stock . lol

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
KILL ONE

Went to pick up my friend at his house was merging lanes when some bright lights were on my ass. The car got next to me and it was a G35 coupe the driver and passenger looked at me and laughed. I heard him down shift and stayed next to me. I was in second and kept it right at 3k gave him the jump. Let him get about a 1/2 car and stomped on him I didnt even hit 3rd and had 5-6 cars on him. Slowed down and ask them what happen? They were speechless.I told them lets do it again but didn't want anymore.

SECOND RUN

Driving my friend home stopped by the local In & Out to get a bite to eat. When were leaving a 98-03 camaro ss goes by didnt really pay attention to it. Got back on the road to take my friend home. I was cruising it and caught up to the camaro. I could tell he wanted to run because he kept down shifting on me. There was to many cross streets. Got to where there were less cross streets and went at it. I was in second and he was in second I did the 3 honks. As soon as we got on it I started to pull on him I had about 3 cars on him. Then I slowed down and let him catch up to me. We did another pull same results but this time when I was pulling on him. His car started to accelerate like a bat out of hell and flew by me. But I couldn"t put my finger on it. We caught another light so we launched. I lefted him at the light by third I had 3-4 cars on him but once again the car flew by me. Then it clicked this guy running nitrous. Told my friend he was running nitrous as soon as I said that flames shot out of the exhaust. Caught him at another light he rolled down his window and told me fast car. I told him thanks and told him the same. I asked him how big of a shot are you running? He gave me this face like how the freak do you know? But denied it said it was all stock . lol

Whats done to your car?

FYI, never made an 03 Camaro. :read:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
+1 what all is done to your car?

I did a little research... And unless he did a complete overhaul.. He's got a 99 cobra with basic bolt-ons. According to his profile and a past thread.

A LS1 F-body with nitrous would have put bus lengths on you OP if thats the case. Waiting for a mod list.

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
I did a little research... And unless he did a complete overhaul.. He's got a 99 cobra with basic bolt-ons. According to his profile and a past thread.

A LS1 F-body with nitrous would have put bus lengths on you OP if thats the case. Waiting for a mod list.

Err, I have driven a 99 cobra and they are slow as shit stock, I imagine with some bolt ons they would do decent but I would tip my hat to the LS1.

blacksvt99

Established Member
My mods are the following : K&n fipk, full exhaust, diablo tuner, 4.10s, ftbr bushing kit, bf diff brace. He didn't spin the tires worth of crap he was hooking up.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
Camaro deff. wasnt spraying. Sounds like he was spinning, hooked and reeled ya in. LS1's are top end animals.

off nitrous depending on outside temps and the weather I can blow the tires off into 3rd and dont hook until 60 or so....

you must have raced the only 03 SS ever made!

07TBSS

Established Member
Not to make it seem like the Chevy guys are ganging up on ya, I love Mustangs just as much as I do my Chevy's, but an stock LS1 ss would be hard for you to handle taking into consideration what little you have done. My 96 LT1 ss will run with a 99 Cobra. Just sayin. But good write up none the less.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Not to make it seem like the Chevy guys are ganging up on ya, I love Mustangs just as much as I do my Chevy's, but an stock LS1 ss would be hard for you to handle taking into consideration what little you have done. My 96 LT1 ss will run with a 99 Cobra. Just sayin. But good write up none the less.

I completely disagree..... I've had several races in my Mach vs LS1 F-Body's. I've never lost to a similarly modded F-Body. Granted Machs usually run slightly stronger than 99/01 Cobras but are almost always a drivers race. I can see the Cobra beating an LS1 especially if it's stock or just exhaust/CAI....

but nitrous? NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Whats done to your Mach?

Mines just got full exhaust and a lid. I ran a 12.7. My best trap was 109 though (that was on street tires).

I sold it last summer. Mods were:
- 4.10s
- SLP lm2
- Bassani o/r x
- kn Fipk
- SCT live wire- rwtd tune
- spec3 clutch
- mgw s/t shifter
- Wideband commander a/f kit
- Steeda strut tower brace
- eibak pro kit
- t and a rear diff brace/cover
- 2in lift on shaker.
- 285 bfg kdw out back

She was pushing less than 310 to the ground but she felt a lot stronger. She could launch HARD.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I sold it last summer. Mods were:
- 4.10s
- SLP lm2
- Bassani o/r x
- kn Fipk
- SCT live wire- rwtd tune
- spec3 clutch
- mgw s/t shifter
- Wideband commander a/f kit
- Steeda strut tower brace
- eibak pro kit
- t and a rear diff brace/cover
- 2in lift on shaker.
- 285 bfg kdw out back

She was pushing less than 310 to the ground but she felt a lot stronger. She could launch HARD.

Nice setup!

Any track times with it?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Nice setup!

Any track times with it?

Thanks- it was a LOT of fun and surprised more than a few people, me included!!

The only track times came before I took ownership of the car..... the previous owner claimed to have run 12.7 with FIPK, Flowbastards and slicks. Not sure if he's fibbing or not- I suppose if he could drive it's possible. But this is also the setup I beat the bolt on untuned Evo9 with by 4 cars so it definitely runs well.

The last time I street raced was with the full list of mods against an LS1 SS- (2001 I believe).... ran 3 times and beat him by a car or so the first 2 an about 2 and a half the final run. He had same basic mods as me except he was running stock gears... I'm sure if he had 4.10's it would have been much closer.

I ran against an HCI, LT, Lid, tune Z28 in Hawaii and got RAPED..... course alls fair because I destroyed him about 6 months earlier when I had my cobra- good times.

For me it's a toss up between my 03 Cobra and my 99 fully built Z on which car I miss the most. The Cobra was SO much easier to live with on the street and was way easier to drive. The Z was far more on the edge... and therefore a LOT of fun. Snuck up on a lot of people with that one. Only lost one race with it to a new Viper.... this was last summer.

Users who are viewing this thread