My Car :)

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Put your money toward some wider wheels/tires so you can mount some 10.5" '03 Cobra rims and Nitto 555 Drag Radials so you'll hook and won't dehook and windup a fender emblem on someone on the road. :thumbsup: Nice car.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Oh, I think you'll need like a few different bolts for the IRS so you can fit the 10.5" wheels and Nitto 555R 315/40/17 on the rear :D

Poseidon

You want some?
Established Member
Originally posted by CoBl2aKi/\/g
i have no clue how to make them bigger.. sry. I just got my car like 2 months ago and it is still stock. I got about 2 grand to unload in it but my dad won't let me as of yet. Im only 18.. Any suggestions?

Trade me for my GT??? Sounds like a good idea if you ask me

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by CoBl2aKi/\/g
290997_20.jpg

290997_22.jpg

290997_13.jpg

290997_19.jpg

Welcome aboard the Redfire wagon. :thumbsup:

umustdv8

Established Member
That's the first time I've seen this color. Very nice. Save your $$$$ until you're out of school. That car is fast enough. Save your warranty.

Us ol' farts have no excuse when we mod our cars with 500 miles on it and something happens.

2stangBK

Established Member
Great looking car friend. Keep it clean and drive/race it till the wheels fall off. As for the 2k you have to play with, IRA- you'll thank me later....!

wtpSVTkh01

Established Member
looks really good. id listen to the people on here and wait a while to put stuff on it and not void the warranty. youve got a fast enough car as it is. youll beat most people who want to race you. by the way how in the hell did you afford that?

Last edited:

CoBl2aKi/\/g

Established Member
Hey

Hey Guys i appreciate your replys... sorry i haven't been respomding i have been in working alot. Yeah thanks for welcoming to the 18 year old club... I just realized what a person said on here was to be ""happy with what you got for now, its fast enough"". Im getting the chrome cobra rims 2003 next week i will post pics. Thanks again guys.

CoBl2aKi/\/g

Established Member
Umm

Yall asked me how i afford this at the age of 18??? Well i recieved it as a present from my dad for winning the state championship in wrestling in Louisiana, my dad pays everything. Only thing i pay for is 100$$ a month for insurance. Yes, i know insurance is not 100 bucks but that is what my dad wants me to pay a month for my car .

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Well... I got mine when I was 20 if that counts for being part of hte youngins club :(

Nope you own a dodge.....:nono: lol j/k

Pyro

Established Member
I dont mean to be a sourpuss but I think that may be irresponsible of your dad to get you such a powerfull car at such a young age. I know I dont know anything about you AND I dont mean to flame but I've seen and heard too many stories about teenagers killing themselves (and their friends) because they got carried away with their 03 Cobra or trying to show off. Everytime I hear them, it just kills me! I'm sure these parents loved their kids and they gave them the cobra because they were good kids but kids are kids as boys are boys. One such story happened about 2 miles from where I work. The 17/18 year old took his buddies for a spin and he lost it killing everyone inside. Last year I had my first child and I would be devistated if I ever lost him...at any age. Besides, you learn to appreciate things more when you pay for it. I know because my dad bought my first 4 cars, 3 of which were mustangs and I didn't appreciate them as much as the cars I've bought since. Needless to say, I'm not preaching out of jealousy since I've been where you are only the cars I've had were not as powerful (but pretty close). I dont know you but I'd hate to hear about anything bad happening to a fellow enthusiast. With that said, I hope I haven't offended you. Think of it as a big brother lecturing you (since I'm not THAT old). Now have fun, stay safe, and be responsible.

Let the mods begin!!......Uh, Did I say that out loud?? ooops..I mean save your money for insurance. :rollseyes

Cheap/Free mods= K&N drop-in filter($50), Remove silencer($0), Hack air box on fender side ($0), 3" Ram Air duct from drivers side inlet near light ($20), Hood mod ($10 or $0), replace mufflers w/ straight pipe ($65 and not all that loud)
The guy who sold me the Cobra was impressed and said that the service dept. shouldn't hava a problem with it.

PM me if you want details for any of these. I also have pics.

BTW, nice choice in colors.

CoBl2aKi/\/g

Established Member
Pyro

I appreciate your input. Before i leave to go out every night my dad tells me (never forgets) don't drink and drive and do not race. When i was 16 i had a 1998 Gt mustang and i was getting a 2001 Saleen in the coming summer. I got caught drag racing going 104 in a 35. My dad took my car away and i wasn't getting my new car (thank god because i waited 1 year and a half and got the 03 Cobra.) Well that being said i have been there and done that (streetracing) Yes, I ocassionally open it up and maybe race 1 time per week on the streets but it is done in a sucluded area, but still not making it safe for me. I appreciate everything my dad gives me just as much as i would appreciate me paying for it. When i first got the 03 Cobra i raced it almost everyday for about a week then i seen a totalled 03 cobra on this forum that killed the driver and passenger and it completly changed my mind about streetracing everyday. All in all i think i learned my lesson... Thanks for your input Pyro and NO, im not offended

Users who are viewing this thread