My car just caught on fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starnsey

Established Member
A normal warranty wouldn't cover a car rental? Even my wife's CPO warranty covers rental...

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'm sort of surprised the reactions are not more extreme in here, I mean WHAT THE ****?? Your brand new '15 Mustang caught on fire in the interior while you were driving. They give you any trouble - lawyer up on their asses. E-mail the auto blogs, I bet one of them will use this and THEN you'll get Fords attention :)

Last edited:

vergil

Established Member
glad you are ok. I know that rental car syndrome.Somebody hit my car in a parking lot and I had to drive a Nissan and Hyundai for 2 months, when I got my car back it felt like a Ferrari. Hope everything works out for you.

19kobra99

Screwd by Ford
Established Member
FYI warranty doesn't cover rentals. In certain cases Ford will cover if it's part of a recall or a specific authorized situation. Some dealerships have a small fleet of cars and they pay the monthly bill so in these situation the dealer could provide a "loaner". Ford ESP pays rental because it's paid for by the customer in their contract. CPO also is an ESP so that's why the rental was covered. There is no stipulation written or implied the they have to provide a vehicle while yours is in for warranty repairs. By the picture it looks like the heat was concentrated near the center console maybe near the airbag module. Hummmmm interesting to see what they find. Just remember humility goes s loooong way in this business. Talk to the right people the right way and you'll get what you want. Just my .02

impactblue

Established Member
FYI warranty doesn't cover rentals. In certain cases Ford will cover if it's part of a recall or a specific authorized situation. Some dealerships have a small fleet of cars and they pay the monthly bill so in these situation the dealer could provide a "loaner". Ford ESP pays rental because it's paid for by the customer in their contract. CPO also is an ESP so that's why the rental was covered. There is no stipulation written or implied the they have to provide a vehicle while yours is in for warranty repairs. By the picture it looks like the heat was concentrated near the center console maybe near the airbag module. Hummmmm interesting to see what they find. Just remember humility goes s loooong way in this business. Talk to the right people the right way and you'll get what you want. Just my .02

Since the car is so new insure ford will take care of me. Especially since ford just launched the car

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I think that was your wallet burning up!!! $700+ a month pymnt....REALLY Holy sh*t
Glad you are OK
But that payment is RIDICULOUS

impactblue

Established Member
Sooo kid on my Instagram said his friend was moving his seat and it started an electrical fire in his 15 as well. Spoke to my passenger. He said he was sliding the seat when it happened

Isn't this what fuses are built for. So weird

Last edited:

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Since the car is so new insure ford will take care of me. Especially since ford just launched the car

If Ford doesn't take care of you contact NHTSA.gov. Ford should probably nip this in the bud now before too many cars get out oi the factory.

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
PM FordService on the forums here. They will take care of you and ensure you get help from your dealer or regional folks.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
So did they tell you a cause at this point ? Direct short in the airbag harness/system ?

Could it be a problem with the instal of your seat? Didnt you have a seat that started to crease? Maybe the dealership ****ed up the install or something.

Hopefully its not a major problem.

Sucks you always have issues with cars. Just bad luck 99% dont have any problems.

impactblue

Established Member
Could it be a problem with the instal of your seat? Didnt you have a seat that started to crease? Maybe the dealership ****ed up the install or something.

Hopefully its not a major problem.

Sucks you always have issues with cars. Just bad luck 99% dont have any problems.

They never actually fixed the seats yet

PM FordService on the forums here. They will take care of you and ensure you get help from your dealer or regional folks.

I messaged them. Hoping for a reply soon. They helped me with the seats. Pretty nice person. I know it's a lot of money but I'm hoping they will swap the car for an identical one. I'm a pretty loyal customer. This is the 7th mustang I've bought. My last car was a lemon and I can't go through that again It was not pleasant. The smoke I inhaled and got in my eyes really messed me up. Lungs feel sore and my eyes are fuzzy. It felt like ammonia in my eyes

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
That really sucks to hear, sorry about that man.

It's got to be a harness routing issue. Harness incorrectly installed or built too short, pulled tight across a seam or a bolt, a little chafing and voila, unintentional power and ground to the pretensioner.

I hope they take care of you, this is potentially really bad news for Ford.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Refuse to take the car back and get a lawyer. I made them take back my first 14. Trust me you do not want this car in your garage. I say get a lawyer as last resort but if need be do it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread