My Car Died on day 2 with 53 Miles on it

liter of cola

Established Member
If you admit you know nothing about it, then its usually best to stay quiet and listen to what others say, instead of sounding like a fool.

Lol.... The words of someone who cant handle others opinions. All i did was make a connection that was right in front of all of us... No one mentioned it, so i did. I have a right to my opinion just like you have a right to yours. People who get angry over it need to learn to have intelligent conversations. But since this is america ppl are free to stay ignorant.

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sure, you can have your own opinions. You cannot, however, have your own facts.

SirJAG

Established Member
late to the party here...but if that bolt came out at 80mph on the toll road.....he'd be screwed no??

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Lol.... The words of someone who cant handle others opinions. All i did was make a connection that was right in front of all of us... No one mentioned it, so i did. I have a right to my opinion just like you have a right to yours. People who get angry over it need to learn to have intelligent conversations. But since this is america ppl are free to stay ignorant.

Well to do maids and simple village women used to get stoned and killed by this kind of logic during witch trials so people's skepticism today is well warranted.

A lot of things look connected because our brains seek to map out environments by drawing conclusions from patterns or events. It creates comfort and peace within the mind which allows it to stay in a more relaxed/less taxed state. The brain consumes tons of energy when it is stressed/at very conscious work. It's an inherent thing all of our brains do to minimize energy. It's also why many of us are stubborn or selfish. It's normal. A great trick to seeming wise is to avoid putting yourself at the wrong end of the target range. I haven't learned it yet haha.

Some akin it to a milder form of pareidolia. Basically the human brain seeks to connect events with patterns/given data. It's also partly why frame rates and so forth seem fluid at certain but not all frequency's, even as they get faster, but that is an entirely larger can of worms.

Speaking of brain usage and being awake, time for bacon and eggs. I'm going to get breakfast.

krt22

Established Member
All im saying is that op did doughnuts and then experienced a catastrophic failure the next day. Wheather or not these two things are related is up to you guys to piece together.
I will piece it together for you, they are not related
Im not an engineer and i dont know why ford recomends the break in of 100 miles of conservative driving. But who knows, maybe the loctight or wtvr was used on that bolt needs a few heat cycles to properly cure.

I aint no engineer, i didnt build these cars, all im saying is i wouldnt recomend taking a brand new car to the limit right off the assembly line.
I am an engineer, a mechanical engineer in fact. I might know a thing or two about proper bolt torque, corresponding clamp loads, thread locking compounds, and when a self-loosening bolt situation is likely to arise. For your theory to be remotely valid, almost all 12 bolts would likely be loose or completely disengaged, the likely hood of a single fastener backing out when there are still 11 others firming in place (likely with ~8000-10000lbs of clamp load EACH) is extremely remote. And if this type of catastrophic failure could be caused by a few burnouts, then normal use and spirited/track driving would also do the same. A single bolt in the driveline doesn't really care if the wheels are spinning because they have overcome static friction and transitioned to kinematic friction or are spinning in a standard rolling without slipping scenario. In this case, either the bolt wasnt properly torqued or it was damaged/defective.

Intelligent conversion requires both parties have decent knowledge of the subject matter and are debating the merits of each others argument. In this case, you are simply stating your gut based-opinion, where as my statements are backed by years and years of education and work experience. But you are correct, you are 100% free to stay ignorant and ignore the facts being presented to you.

liter of cola

Established Member
Nothing is ignorant about questioning a certain break in procedure. If a guy bought a new truck and posted a video saying break in procedure 5 miles new and he takes the truck through a field doing jumps and just generally ripping ass im sure someone would mention it if his truck died the next day. Im not saying what he did is similar as far as driving through a field and flying over jumps but like i said if you whip the shit out of your car one day and it breaks the next day its usually you paying for the fun you had the day before.

Its simple when you beat on a cars things break. Being ignorant is not what im doing. Since when was exploring all possibilities ignorant? Ignoring the fact that he beat on his car the day before is actually ignorant. In this case i dont believe its what did it so it actually worked out in the op's favor bringing this issue out sooner than later.

But still, i wouldnt recomend beating the shit out of a brand new car ignoring all break in recomendations. I mean if you dont care about your cars feel free.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
I will piece it together for you, they are not related

I am an engineer, a mechanical engineer in fact. I might know a thing or two about proper bolt torque, corresponding clamp loads, thread locking compounds, and when a self-loosening bolt situation is likely to arise. For your theory to be remotely valid, almost all 12 bolts would likely be loose or completely disengaged, the likely hood of a single fastener backing out when there are still 11 others firming in place (likely with ~8000-10000lbs of clamp load EACH) is extremely remote. And if this type of catastrophic failure could be caused by a few burnouts, then normal use and spirited/track driving would also do the same. A single bolt in the driveline doesn't really care if the wheels are spinning because they have overcome static friction and transitioned to kinematic friction or are spinning in a standard rolling without slipping scenario. In this case, either the bolt wasnt properly torqued or it was damaged/defective.

Intelligent conversion requires both parties have decent knowledge of the subject matter and are debating the merits of each others argument. In this case, you are simply stating your gut based-opinion, where as my statements are backed by years and years of education and work experience. But you are correct, you are 100% free to stay ignorant and ignore the facts being presented to you.

So you mean to tell be doing burnouts and doughnuts isnt abusive to a cars drivetrain??? Lmfaooo... I recomend you go back to school, i think you may have been designing deep fryers for mcdonalds too long if thats what you think.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And no, im not a troll, i just speak my mind.

And as far as how the mods have been treating me, if they treated you the same you'd get an infraction for calling me a troll, 13cobra.

You are a troll. You trolled his thread with the burnout, you're trolling here.

If it looks like troll, smells like a troll, and types like a troll..more than likely it's name is liter of cola.

No, you just insult members. BTW, just ask 13cobra about infractions.

I've had my wrists slapped more times than I'd like to share.

I don't see him as a troll and his point is very valid. Doesn't make it necessarily true, but it doesn't make it untrue either

I see him as a troll solely based on his response in the first thread, then his continuing harping on the OP in this thread.

The problem was he did the burnout in a forward gear, which generated down daft retrograde turbulence. This heated up the threaded female end, and the cross winds of 8mph that day were enough to cause a thermal disfunction that temporarily altered the chemical state of the screw, into jello. It fell out, cooled and then solidified back to its inherent state

:dw:

krt22

Established Member
So you mean to tell be doing burnouts and doughnuts isnt abusive to a cars drivetrain??? Lmfaooo... I recomend you go back to school, i think you may have been designing deep fryers for mcdonalds too long if thats what you think.

You are only laughing because as I expected my post went completely over your head. You obviously are purely trolling at this point or really believe your gut feeling trumps physics and sound engineering principles.

But to play along, burnouts and doughnuts are really only an issue to the tires. If done for extended periods of time the access heat generation would come into play since no cooling air is flowing over the fluid coolers, but that wasn't the case here (and if it was it still wouldn't cause a single bolt to back out). But to the drive line itself, i.e. the bolts and mechanical components? No real extra mechanical stress, as I have explained above. It comes with a factory line lock, think about that for a few minutes.

What I design isn't your concern, but please don't downplay the knowledge and skill needed to design industrial cooking equipment. Not only do they have to heat and maintain temperature of highly flammable liquid for years on end, they also have extensive safety features to prevent inattentive minimum wage workers from burning the place down. You've already stated you are not an engineer, so not something you would be able to accomplish yourself. You might want to think twice about that line of attempted insults.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
All im saying is that op did doughnuts and then experienced a catastrophic failure the next day. Wheather or not these two things are related is up to you guys to piece together.

Im not an engineer and i dont know why ford recomends the break in of 100 miles of conservative driving. But who knows, maybe the loctight or wtvr was used on that bolt needs a few heat cycles to properly cure.

I aint no engineer, i didnt build these cars, all im saying is i wouldnt recomend taking a brand new car to the limit right off the assembly line.

Manufacturers didnt come up with break in proceeders for the fun of makin ppl drive thier sports cars slow when they first get em just to piss em off... Theres a reason behind it. And im not learned enough to tell anyone it had something directly to do with this failure. But its just kinda right in our faces so i had to mention it. Call me a troll if you must, i speak my mind if you cant handle it thats too bad ;-)

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. But when everyone holds their nose when you voice yours, might want to head back to the can for a rewipe.

liter of cola

Established Member
You are only laughing because as I expected my post went completely over your head. You obviously are purely trolling at this point or really believe your gut feeling trumps physics and sound engineering principles.

But to play along, burnouts and doughnuts are really only an issue to the tires. If done for extended periods of time the access heat generation would come into play since no cooling air is flowing over the fluid coolers, but that wasn't the case here (and if it was it still wouldn't cause a single bolt to back out). But to the drive line itself, i.e. the bolts and mechanical components? No real extra mechanical stress, as I have explained above. It comes with a factory line lock, think about that for a few minutes.

What I design isn't your concern, but please don't downplay the knowledge and skill needed to design industrial cooking equipment. Not only do they have to heat and maintain temperature of highly flammable liquid for years on end, they also have extensive safety features to prevent inattentive minimum wage workers from burning the place down. You've already stated you are not an engineer, so not something you would be able to accomplish yourself. You might want to think twice about that line of attempted insults.

so how does one do a burnout? you rev up and drop the clutch shocking the whole drivetrain and then you get on the brakes straining the drivetrain even more the tires lose gripe then when ending the burnout you allow the tires to regain grip once again shocking the drivetrain. you go ahead and do 10 burnouts in a day and tell me you didnt just shorten the life of your drivetrain. your so hellbent on proving me a troll you should take it easy you might forget to torque a bolt on that fryer your working on.

and no, nothing your saying is going over my head... i read all of your extremely long winded comments and its amazing how far someone is willing to go to convince ppl burnouts dont break cars. well i've personally seen cars blow up in all types of ways wile ppl were burning out (abusing them). go ahead a think burnouts (abuse) do/does nothing to your car.

why dont you go buy a car someone drag raced for a year, see how that works out for you, cuz the gt350 has launch control too, guess that means you can launch the car a hundred times a day and you'll be good, lmao. go make me some fries.

by the way im laughing cuz insane people are funny.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
You are a troll. You trolled his thread with the burnout, you're trolling here.

If it looks like troll, smells like a troll, and types like a troll..more than likely it's name is liter of cola.

I've had my wrists slapped more times than I'd like to share.

I see him as a troll solely based on his response in the first thread, then his continuing harping on the OP in this thread.

:dw:

i posted both threads to bring ppl from the burnout thread to this thread. i really dont care if you guys think im a troll anymore. so think im a troll, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
i posted both threads to bring ppl from the burnout thread to this thread. i really dont care if you guys think im a troll anymore. so think im a troll, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Do you believe if the OP had followed the recommended break in procedure that the bolt would have never moved out and caused the problem?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Do you believe if the OP had followed the recommended break in procedure that the bolt would have never moved out and caused the problem?

He will never answer because he knows the answer.

Without the burnout, I think the car may have got another 5 (hell maybe 6) miles on it or so before the bolt made contact with the clutch/flywheel.

Users who are viewing this thread