My Cammed Stable...(Sound clips)

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
Everyone loves the sound of cammed muscle cars. Figured id share mine. The only thing I am missing in this clip is the red cobra that actually just got cams installed and I am planning to add it to this video soon as its tuned. For now its in there with my other cars for comparison. The drift car, red cobra and the 3v swapped black GT have the same exhaust setup which is long tubes with 3 inch piping to a 3 inch Y-pipe with a 4 inch single outlet that dumps right past the axle of the the IRS. The last cobra is a friends car that i do some work on, he has a full bassani exhaust system with high flow cats reason why it sounds a lot quieter.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh, YES! Every one of those sounds crazy awesome. Your friend's Cobra sounds good. You've got one crazy, nasty, awesome stable there, Eddie.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
Damn they sound amazing. I don’t know what it is about the 3v but I feel like they sound pretty rowdy with a set of cams.
yeah the 3v's tend to have a unique sound the way they chop
Oh, YES! Every one of those sounds crazy awesome. Your friend's Cobra sounds good. You've got one crazy, nasty, awesome stable there, Eddie.
Thanks, its funny because in person my friends black cobra doesn't sound as quiet as it is in that video. I think my cars being that loud just make it sound quiet in comparison.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
why idle at such high an rpm?

It'll cut up more if you drop it
With the drift car, which has cams and e85, during a run if I'm clutching in while I'm sliding and the rpms drop, sometimes too much, sometimes it'll die and sure soon as I pop the clutch it hucks itself back on but its not ideal because I have no PS or PB while its off. I need it not to die which has happened. Also at start up id have to start it a few times with the idle on lower end, now when I start the car it stays running even on a cold day in CA.

Last edited:

decipha

Established Member
dying on decel or when clutch or while moving has nothing to do with idle. Thats entirely two different controls and completely unrelated to idle rpm.

startup rpm adder when cold has no affect on idle when warmed up. That again is completely a non issue.

sounds like you need a better tuner.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
dying on decel or when clutch or while moving has nothing to do with idle. Thats entirely two different controls and completely unrelated to idle rpm.

startup rpm adder when cold has no affect on idle when warmed up. That again is completely a non issue.

sounds like you need a better tuner.
Wasn't dying on decel. Think of it as rolling up to a red light and taking it out og gear. These issues have occurred down the road after the fact, not tune related. It seemed to happen more so after the car sat and the weather was cooler probably about 1-2 years after it was tuned. During the warmer weather the car is fine. I am the one that messed with the idle on it. Until I get it back on the dyno it was my way of fixing it for now and it has fixed the problem. The setup is getting changed right now anyways, Vortech to a Whipple so it'll get addressed if its even an issue come that time.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
almost anything cammed...music to my ears!!!! well done!!!
Same here, cammed muscle cars are my favorite, i had the opportunity to drive a built cammed gen 4 viper, it sounded so insane, and it was fast, about 700+whp N/A. Felt faster than my 640 whp cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread