MY BUILD THREAD!!!!700 rwhp!

Ukfox89

Established Member
torco is a pain in the ass, tired of carrying around a funnel and those cans...never really mastered breaking them open

i have the exact same problem. i always dent the lip so it never seals properly. that should be a thread on its own. I have been running torcho and im getting retuned friday to get off the stuff, its a pain and if i dont get the mix pretty close it miss and detonates BAD.

gabe1530

Banned
Why not run meth ???

Iv never been a big fan of meth. I almost bought a kit awhile back but just dont see the results from it. Also i would run it pre blower and don't want any chance of corrosion or a pump failure. I would rather cut in torco... Plus I can get a 5 gallon jug much cheaper through local friends.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Established Member
Well i did some reading and what not i guess i will be getting some custom cams. I think i am going to pull a torco mix too. Question dual gt pumps with bap should be enough and i might have to ditch the stock rails by then too. I know i will be on the upper limit of stock lines and rails

moot09

Established Member
Good luck with the build man. I'm in the middle of my own as well. A little overwhelming at first trying to decide the best route to take.

Quagmire

Established Member
Good luck with the build man. I'm in the middle of my own as well. A little overwhelming at first trying to decide the best route to take.

Thanks I know what i want out of it, just getting there is the hard part. Hopefully 700 rwhp is going to be fun .

Quick Strike

Established Member
Question dual gt pumps with bap should be enough and i might have to ditch the stock rails by then too. I know i will be on the upper limit of stock lines and rails

You can do 800+ RW on stock rails and lines depending on how you do it. Your pumps are also up to it depending on what they sit in and how you drive them.

My GT pumps are at 65% utilization at 742 RW using stock lines and rails, and my fuel curve is flat as a pancake. I also have a Fore hat, BAP and MDM Jr. I can't recommend this system as the makers of the MDM Jr is no more (I now have a spare), but you should be able to use your BAP and dual FPDMs with similar results.

Quagmire

Established Member
So dual fpdm? I was think single modified. You really only use 65% thats awesome. Btw i am looking at 2.8 lc just doing some comparison.

Quick Strike

Established Member
So dual fpdm? I was think single modified. You really only use 65% thats awesome. Btw i am looking at 2.8 lc just doing some comparison.

I think the system is more efficient with one dedicated channel per pump. Yes the duty cycle is 65%. My tuner was even impressed with that, but said he would confirm for non-believers (HBH). LC should be nice for you.

Quagmire

Established Member
Hey guys I am really up in the air with what S/C to use. I heard great things about the whipple 2.9 but i am thinking that a KB 2.8H Mam or the 2.8LC would fit my goals better. Remember i am shooting for 700 hp on street tune. I don't mind a torco mix for fuel. But $$ is adding up if i can save a few grand here and make my goal chime in.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I
My street tune at 20#s uses 16oz of Torco per tank. That means the four 32oz cans (and funnel) in my trunk give me 1600 miles of range at 200 miles per tank. Refilling from the 5 gallon container my price is 36 cents per oz or roughly $5.75 per fill-up. We did not dyno the street tune, but it has to be closer to 700 at the wheels then 600 as the race tune at 22#s and 48oz per tank is close to 750 RWHP.
How many gallons of gas are you mixing with 16 ounces of Torco?

Quick Strike

Established Member
How many gallons of gas are you mixing with 16 ounces of Torco?

I don't have to mix in any Torco for the street tune, but Herman felt it is a little insurance against bad gas. I mix 16 oz per full tank for the street tune. Our tank holds a little over 15 gallons. One ounce per gallon should bring 93 octane fuel to a 95.5 octane level. A little over three oz per gallon, or 48 oz per tank (my race tune amount), will bring 93 octane fuel to a 104 octane level. The Torco 93 octane blending chart is here if you want to play with it some.

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Hey guys I am really up in the air with what S/C to use. I heard great things about the whipple 2.9 but i am thinking that a KB 2.8H Mam or the 2.8LC would fit my goals better. Remember i am shooting for 700 hp on street tune. I don't mind a torco mix for fuel. But $$ is adding up if i can save a few grand here and make my goal chime in.

You'll be glad you went with the Whipple just from a fit and finish perspective, they'll all make the same ballpark for power. The KB superchargers themselves are nice but the accessories and odds and ends they come with look like they belong in a LEGO package, not in a couple thousand dollar investment.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I don't have to mix in any Torco for the street tune, but Herman felt it is a little insurance against bad gas. I mix 16 oz per full tank for the street tune. Our tank holds a little over 15 gallons. One ounce per gallon should bring 93 octane fuel to a 95.5 octane level. A little over three oz per gallon, or 48 oz per tank (my race tune amount), will bring 93 octane fuel to a 104 octane level. The Torco 93 octane blending chart is here if you want to play with it some.

Thanks I'm planning on doing a whole 32 ounce bottle with 15 gallons:beer:
Have you inspected your plugs after running Torco for awhile, do they turn red like I hear?

Quick Strike

Established Member
does that mean the plugs need to be changed more often?

I think it does. My plugs have 4k+ on them with Torco. It is still running the same, but I will be changing them at 5k or 6k depending on how it is running (and when winter cones). It is no longer a DD, and I only use it 5k a year anymore. So, changing the plugs once a year is not too hard on the wallet.

Quagmire

Established Member
So Finally got all moved to MI, had some moving issues but the tear down has begun. Motor should be out in a week or two. Blower and lower intake man out, trans out, exhaust out, all wiring removed, vacuum lines out, ac and ps removed from block hanging. Hopefully i get my cherry picker next week and out comes engine.

Quagmire

Established Member
I am going what ever i can get a good deal on used either 2.9 or 2.8h. I don't know about cams yet, gotta tear apart motor see what is really messed up in it, ever thing is on a budget. Still up in the air on compression, i am not going E85 i want to run like 9.1-9.7 but i have a feeling with 19+ psi i am going to be knock limited. My plan is to be breaking in motor mid to late April, hopefully

Users who are viewing this thread