MY BUILD THREAD!!!!700 rwhp!

Quagmire

Established Member
UPDATE !!!!!! MY BUILD THREAD!!!!700 rwhp! UPDATES!

Hey guys so i melted a piston, so i guess it is time to start my build thread.

Goal:
700 rwhp hp (semi dd)

Engine:
Block: Stock
Crank: Stock
Pistons: CP
Heads: Stage 3 Port
Cams:custom
Exhaust: Lt Kooks
Supercharger: whipple 2.9
Fuel: dual wabs with bap (haven't decided yet) maybe return chime in here

Trans:
Input shaft upgrade with rxt clutch

Suspension:
Full tilt upgrade with tubular members.

Up to all suggestions. I am just getting started so can move on everything. I think this should get me a great street setup. Goal is to be done by feb

Last edited:

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
I'm not trying to be a dick but I don't think u will see 700rwhp. There's a guy with a built motor, heads,cams 27psi and 2.9whipple and only made 700/711 (I think that's his numbers).

GodStang

Established Member
You are getting heads that flow better but not getting cams to take advantage of the extra flow? Kinda a huge waste.

Also do you mean diamond or CP pistons or are you mix matching pistons? Power no where near 700 for a DD unless boost and E85.

Quagmire

Established Member
God got a good point yes i want to get heads ported, stock cams flow pretty well, i do agree would be a waste. but a buddy owes me a machine shop favor, so porting my heads and doing my block for the cheap so i really cant pass it up. Overall goal is 700 rwhp, i think i can come close running 20 psi or so. raising compression too. i will be happy with 680s or so.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I vote E85 also. Sorry for gettin lol off topic bout how was the piston melted. What caused it?

Quagmire

Established Member
160 mph, compression is fine, just little out of round. So moving to MI i dunno how the E85 situation is there, but i would like to drive the car cross country here and there. Might do like quickstrike does and keeps a troco bottle in the trunk

gabe1530

Banned
160 mph, compression is fine, just little out of round. So moving to MI i dunno how the E85 situation is there, but i would like to drive the car cross country here and there. Might do like quickstrike does and keeps a troco bottle in the trunk

thats what ill be doing. bottle of torco in the trunk running 20lbs all the time.

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
my 2.9 whipple made 730 rwhp in 103 degree heat, im sure it will be over 750rwhp when it cools off im running pump gas with torco, ive got kooks 1 3/4 headers and comp 360 cams on the stock motor with 21 psi, the car made 697 with the same pulley before the cams and headers when it was cooler out

700 rwhp will be no problem run a 3.25 pulley it will fly

Quagmire

Established Member
I dont want to run meth, ive seen the pros and cons, overall i just dont want to add another system.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
torco is a pain in the ass, tired of carrying around a funnel and those cans...never really mastered breaking them open

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Goal:
700 rwhp hp (semi dd)

Suspension:
Full tilt upgrade with tubular members.

The IRS is a waste of time at that power level. Ask me how I know. If you dont think so just watch my dyno vid and watch how bad the back wheel moves around. Thats with EVERY IRS upgrade made. I know people will disagree but just watch the vid and make up your own mind.

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
The IRS is a waste of time at that power level. Ask me how I know. If you dont think so just watch my dyno vid and watch how bad the back wheel moves around. Thats with EVERY IRS upgrade made. I know people will disagree but just watch the vid and make up your own mind.

What is "every irs" upgrade to you? did you use the FTBR kit?

Quick Strike

Established Member
I agree that more compression and increased head flow should be optimized with complementing cams. Also consider ARP your new best friend for main, head, side and rod studs/bolts.

My street tune at 20#s uses 16oz of Torco per tank. That means the four 32oz cans (and funnel) in my trunk give me 1600 miles of range at 200 miles per tank. Refilling from the 5 gallon container my price is 36 cents per oz or roughly $5.75 per fill-up. We did not dyno the street tune, but it has to be closer to 700 at the wheels then 600 as the race tune at 22#s and 48oz per tank is close to 750 RWHP.

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Another one in on cams. Or at very least, adjustable cam gears and degree the stock cams in. You are leaving 30-50rwhp on the table that you can make without increasing the boost number.

Users who are viewing this thread