My Black 13' before Revan Racing BMR suspension and FRPP 1.25 lowering springs

ford13

Established Member
Just want to post a few pics of my ride.
The Ford Mustang is an American icon and I am proud to own one.
I have learnt a ton of stuff from a bunch of great guys on this forum.
I have my BMR suspension package from Van to install in the upcoming weeks, I also have a tint appointment coming up. I have the Roush side and rear splitter set as well, along with a set of Stainless Works cat back pipes. Devious really got me wanting some long tubes, he got Stainless Works, I am wondering how the fitment went, as a close friend on here recommended American Racing long tubes as he had heard of fitment issues with the SW long tubes. I have also read a few ads for the Kooks stuff, so I am a little torn as I'd like to go with SW for the headers h pipe and hi flow cats.
I have a JLT cai with an Air-Raid oilless. I am really happy with the power so no tune or pulleys. lol. Thanks Guys !!!

P.S. I will install the front air-dam as well as my new Sto - N - Sho licence plate which mounts below the 3 piece air-dam !!! Once it is all done I will post pics of the new stance and parts !!!
I installed a black bug screen with black plastic dowels to keep the screen tight. My radiator-heat exchanger is looking good!

Larry

IMG_2015_zpsa6d43c5c.jpg

IMG_2034_zpsc5d7e9b5.jpg

IMG_2033_zps840c7cd3.jpg

IMG_2019_zps98d0d37f.jpg

IMG_2008_zpse8031249.jpg

IMG_2005_zps4a1a0c53.jpg

IMG_2017_zps6c655f3d.jpg

IMG_2010_zpse479bf0d.jpg

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Eager to see how yours looks with the lowering springs. I have that on my list of things to add as well. I have no idea why Ford spent all that time creating such a great looking rear end only to put it on stilts like they did. The rear is ridiculously high on these cars.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
SW headers fit perfectly fine. As with any header install they are not easy and for me the clearance from the drivers side and steering shaft it was barely touching. Fixed by sliding the K member over a 1/8 of an inch. Other than that its great and sounds awesome!

Van@RevanRacing

Looking good Larry. Following the write up.

As for headers if you ever decide to lower the engine stainless works tube routing collides with the steering shaft and the frame rails in some instances. I think each one of these cars is different in one way or another.

Sub'n

ford13

Established Member
Eager to see how yours looks with the lowering springs. I have that on my list of things to add as well. I have no idea why Ford spent all that time creating such a great looking rear end only to put it on stilts like they did. The rear is ridiculously high on these cars.
Funny you say that Lethal, the first time I saw the car in person the first thing I thought was that it looked tall in the ass end. Like you said though, Ford got that ass end bang on otherwise. Last I tracked the parts were here, but haven't made it to the door yet Bro. Once they arrive, I will try to get everything done at once while she is on the hoist. I wasn't gonna do long tubes !!! Blame DEVIOUS !!! Gonna put the catback Stainless Works resonator deletes(she gonna grumble) on with the factory manifolds for now!! I have been buying a lot of parts lately, getting a little light in the pocket haha!!!

Thanks Lethalchem, as soon as I have pics of the springs installed I will post them !!!

Larry:rockon:

ford13

Established Member
SW headers fit perfectly fine. As with any header install they are not easy and for me the clearance from the drivers side and steering shaft it was barely touching. Fixed by sliding the K member over a 1/8 of an inch. Other than that its great and sounds awesome!
I had heard that things were tight there so I kinda thought they would be really tough to install, I also wasn't sure on how they seal and seat. I heard of guys getting leaks and blowing gaskets on other hotrods and don't want that on my car. I have not heard any issues on the 500 for this, so no news is good news I guess. Your car looks bad ass Devious man! I saw the Grabber Blue in person for the first time this week and have to say that it is a great color. With the mods you have done, the suspension, Roush splitters and Super Snake widened Alcoas, you have a truly distinct looking hotrod. And I like it !!! I will decide which headers I want within the month, I'd like to to the SW's because they should sound good with the SW exhaust.

Thanks Devious Snake:rockon:

Larry

Last edited:

ford13

Established Member
Looking good Larry. Following the write up.

As for headers if you ever decide to lower the engine stainless works tube routing collides with the steering shaft and the frame rails in some instances. I think each one of these cars is different in one way or another.

Sub'n
Thanks Van! Your car was the first I saw when I was ordering so I have to say you were a big influence on my purchase. I love black too haha! Like I was telling Devious Snake, we will decide within the month which ones we will go with, I'd like to make the right choice !!! You like the American Racing better? Have you dealt with Kooks at all? You tell me which ones you like best and that will prolly be the way I go, I wouldn't mind the SW but if you have pro's and con's for all three I would be all ears !!!:banana:

Larry

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Looks good.. please remember to post pics once you lower! Different angles like the last picture would be great.. I'm very much considering lowering springs as part of my cars evolution.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
1 7/8 American Racing headers fit really well on my Shelby!

Your Shelby looks great!

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks Van! Your car was the first I saw when I was ordering so I have to say you were a big influence on my purchase. I love black too haha! Like I was telling Devious Snake, we will decide within the month which ones we will go with, I'd like to make the right choice !!! You like the American Racing better? Have you dealt with Kooks at all? You tell me which ones you like best and that will prolly be the way I go, I wouldn't mind the SW but if you have pro's and con's for all three I would be all ears !!!:banana:

Larry

ARH is just better fitment all around. Kooks has issues with being too close to the oil cooler on the block. I've had so much success with ARH I stock them. I am a stainless works dealer but they are the only ones that offer an x or an h pipe and the H pipe has been the most selected option by far.

ARH Headers in stock the week of July 8. Bought 10 kits and 3 are already pre-sold.

Van

ford13

Established Member
Looks good.. please remember to post pics once you lower! Different angles like the last picture would be great.. I'm very much considering lowering springs as part of my cars evolution.
Thank you MovingZen! I will certainly post pics of the lowering my friend, the parts just showed up here, now gotta get the soldiors lined up to have all those parts installed !!!

Larry

aksvt

Established Member
Car looks awesome, looks just like mine minus the glass roof lol. What percentage tint do you plan on going with? I am bringing mine in tomorrow to the tint shop to figure out the percentage and set up an appointment for the work, i have never had a car tinted before so i am not sure.

ford13

Established Member
1 7/8 American Racing headers fit really well on my Shelby!

Your Shelby looks great!

Thanks BIRDDOC that is good to know, Van seems to be sold on the AMR. So that is a pretty strong chance lol! The SW's fit good for Devious, I have SW exhaust so naturally I'd like the SW headers, but ...

Thanks! That smokeshow shot in the hole looks killer man! She looks dialed in! great 1/4 time !!! Not too many guys ever see under 10 seconds! Congratulations!

ford13

Established Member
Car looks awesome, looks just like mine minus the glass roof lol. What percentage tint do you plan on going with? I am bringing mine in tomorrow to the tint shop to figure out the percentage and set up an appointment for the work, i have never had a car tinted before so i am not sure.

Thanks aksvt, really appreciate the compliment! I love black! Lol that's the only thing I did not want when I ordered in August of 12'! I really like how the glass roof looks on other guys cars though! Van's black,black,black 13' has limo tint.

photo2_zps3bf4d559.jpg

I have done 20% on my truck but my tint guy is paranoid of the law haha!

this is a guide to tint percentages, limo (5%) is very close to black!

tint_percentages_zps47b6d3e7.jpg

15% - 5% is the way I wanna go on my car!

Larry:rockon:

ford13

Established Member
:rockon:Great Asp thanks, you have great taste in color. no matter what you wear, you contrast well against that exotic black snake ... Congratulations on the 14 man!

Larry

ford13

Established Member
IMG_2067_zpscf567fa4.jpg

IMG_2081_zps3fef59a7.jpg

IMG_2085_zpsa2d9811c.jpg

IMG_2078_zps7a2c8d55.jpg

IMG_2075_zps22d117e7.jpg

Well all the gear is here !!! Too bad it is Canada Day longweekend:??:. My mechanic said he wanted to do it when he had the shop to himself so maybe we can get things done here !!! Photos of the new stance and look to follow!

Thanks Guys!!!

Laurent:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread