My BBQ Tick Story - with a Happy Ending!

Established Member
The canister purge valve is an evap thing that controls fuel vapor in the gas tank. IE it should have absolutely nothing to do with the engine. The service adviser maintained it was not the engine making the noise. I must admit the noise is substantially reduced, which is why I wonder if the stretchy belt tsb would be any help.

If you have the tsb performed you will have a belt tensioner for the ac drive; if not, you will not have a tensioner.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=qdB-mYnNHpVere0QtVB8tg&bvm=bv.95039771,d.cGU

RJ13GT

Established Member
Yea happens only when fully warmed up. So the knock you're going to feel like a stutter or miss on the passenger valve cover? Mine is still doing the noise, but really only after the clutch is fully engaged. My clutch does make noises and so does the transmission, but this is the ball in a can. For whatever reason, getting it back from the canister purge valve replacement, the noise is mostly gone. Not completely, though. And, in the sense that the car is not sounding completely like the old engine, maybe it's not the same?

Yes an abnormal thumping feel to the engine.

Established Member
Yes an abnormal thumping feel to the engine.

Interesting. I'll check it out when next I drive it. If it has a thumping I'll take a video. If I can get the few ticks it makes now, obviously I will document that as well. After what I've been through with this car I am pretty good at documenting its condition. Now I must also film the entire body every time I bring it to the dealership.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Interesting. I'll check it out when next I drive it. If it has a thumping I'll take a video. If I can get the few ticks it makes now, obviously I will document that as well. After what I've been through with this car I am pretty good at documenting its condition. Now I must also film the entire body every time I bring it to the dealership.

You ain't lying... Mac Haik Ford beat up/scratched the hell out of my 01 Cobra front/rear fascia. Leif Johnson Ford caved in part of my roof on the 03 cobra while doing headliner repair...at least Leif called right away to tell me it happened and they were sending it to their bodyshop. Mac Haik on the other hand tried to play ****ing stupid. I went apeshit ballistic right there in the service waiting room. They quickly changed their tune to probably get me the hell out of there.

kowalmustang

Established Member
Don't know if this helps but I had a front O2 sensor go bad and the engine had a igniter sound to it.
I also had a engine tick at idle witch went away with a idle relearn.

Users who are viewing this thread