My bada$$ 2000 Mustang build....

boost_freak

Whipple Powered
Established Member
lol that had to take forever to copy all of that over here. I would have just linked to the post on ls1tech :burnout:

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
i thought the last post it would be finished, kinda disappointed. not bad though

Last edited:

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Thanks for all the positive comments. This is the first time I've built something from the ground up. I've had cars that we've modified and took steps through the performance ladder but this is the first one where we went from 18 seconds to a goal of 7 seconds in one step. I learned how to weld at a young age and have always pushed myself at getting better with practice. Welding is pretty easy f you have good hand eye cordination and the ability to learn.

I took the car to my dads house so he can get the body work done. It doesn't need much but there were a few spots on the car that needed to be fixed. I removed the gas door, shaved the antenna mount, and added a couple of things that were not OE. I suspect it will take him about 2 weeks to get the body work done and I'll pick up the car and spray it at a local shop that gives me access on the weekends.

We're changing the motor slightly, after talking to the company who supplied some of the engine parts we've decided to start the transition to a 4/5 stage dry sump system. Once the motor is 100% assembled we'll start mockup for the pump and take some measurements for the custom pan from Stef's.
Phil

Last edited:

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
I wouldn't even know where to begin with half that stuff. Good work, your tig weld improved alot.:beer:

Cant wait to see it complete.

98z71

Established Member
at this moment I pretty much hate you... Thats some nice work you do, where did you get that stang for 400 bux do they have more haha. That thing is going to be a BEAST with the LSX and turbo. What bore are you at?

WhiteStallionGT

You are the mother ****ing man for doing all that work, writing it all up and documenting for all of us to enjoy. Thank you very much, best thread since I've been here.

Bullet_WS6

Established Member
DUDE... nice thats all i can say...
i got "plans" to build an lsx bow tie dragster out of a v6 camaro... similar deal but i think im going nitrous route

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
haha your own project Heretic? haha. Looks f en awesome man.

Kurt and W2W are awesome people to work with. As you can see they built my 427 LS7 motor for me. Best experience ive had with a tuner.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
haha your own project Heretic? haha. Looks f en awesome man.

Kurt and W2W are awesome people to work with. As you can see they built my 427 LS7 motor for me. Best experience ive had with a tuner.

whoaaaa wait a minute, i want to see your car...

and damn nice project man, ive planned a few like it lately(not so extreme) but my damn friends and family dont show any support and always tell me its a stupid idea and to start with a running vehicle, one day when ive got a shop, some more tools and more enthusiastic friends im gonna do the same thing, goodluck and i cant wait to see it finished.

Users who are viewing this thread