My bada$$ 2000 Mustang build....

95mmRenegade

Established Member
We just picked up the car for our new project and would love some feedback. The car is a 2000 Ford Mustang V6 auto with just over 100k. Its a single owner car, never seen a fender bender and is perfect in every way. Stole it for $400. :drive:

The swap... We're going to tear the car down to just the unibody and remove everything that’s non essential for a fun street/strip car. Its going to recieve an 6.0 iron truck block stuffed with forged internals(w2w Mahle boost pistons/Pro-mod rods and 4340 4" crank) and topped with some decent heads. Custom made 1.75" headers will run to either an S95 or Precision turbo 96mm with a 5" downpipe and twin tial 44mm gates. Transmission will be a powerglide with a dedenbear case and 1.80 straight cut gears, rear will be a 9" with ~3.50 gears. Outside will get a overbeek 5" cowl hood similar to John Urist's mustang without the scoops and a 12" sheetmetal wing on the rear with chute. Inside will recieve a couple of race seats probably kirkey or so, some carbon fiber parts on the dash filled with autometer guages. Wolfe racecraft 10 point cage with window net, sub frame connectors will finish the interior. Dash will be stripped as much as possible but still leaving a factory appearance and a air to water IC will be hidden behind the dash. Street duties will be on a set of CCW 500s while at the track we'll use Weld aluma stars with 30 x 10.5" slicks and skinnies up front. Target weight will be around 2800lbs. How does that sound? :devil: The corvette will probably get a new milder motor to enjoy the sunny summer days.
Phil

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Build List:
00 Mustang V6 5 speed:

Engine:
Iron Truck block 4.030
Lunati Rods
Callies 4" Crank
Mahle Boost pistons -32cc
ETP LS7 heads 72cc
GMPP LS7 Carb Intake
CR: ~8.5:1

Exhaust:
1.75" tube headers -> 2.5" crossover
5" downpipe

Turbo Setup:
Forced Inductions.com S95
Twin Tial 44mm Wastegates
Single Tial 50mm Blow off valve
4" Intake plumbing
1800hp Air to Water IC

Fuel system:
Custom tank
4 - Walbro 255 pumps on two circuits controlled by boost
160# injectors

ECU:
Big Stuff 3
- Dual Wideband
- Data logging capabilites

Front Suspension:
UPR K member
Custom UPR Control arms
UPR Castor/Camber CNC'd plates
Strange Struts
UPR Coilovers

Rear Suspension:
QA-1 Coilovers
Moser 9" narrowed 1.75"
- 3.50 prostreet gears
Wolfe Racecraft Upper/Lower control arms
Wolfe Racecraft Sway Bar

Wheels Tires:
Weld AlumaStar 15 x 3.5 with MT 26" Front runners
Weld AlumaStar 15 x 10 6" BS with MT 28" ET Drags

Cage:
10 point Wolfe RaceCraft

Pics:
P2100002.JPG

P2100003.JPG

P2100004.JPG

P2100005.JPG

P2100006.JPG

P2100007.JPG

P2100008.JPG

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Recieved the front/rear wheels and dedenbear powerglide case for mockup and no thats not my kitchen table where I eat. :)
P2080086.JPG

P2080090.JPG

P2080001.JPG

95mmRenegade

Established Member
I'll post some new pics up shortly, here's the latest stuff...

Pulled motor
Working on pulling engine wiring harness
removed K member and A-arms
Installed UPR K member and A-Arms
A-arms need to be widened 2" ordered materials should be here tomorrow
Pulled the front&rear bumper cover, bumper and foam
Removed insulation and foam from floor pan
Cut out the driver side floor pan for subframe connectors
BS3 will be here tomorrow
Final pieces of roll cage will be here today
Ordered steel for engine and trans mount
Headlights arrived

Wheels need to be moved:
The A-arms need to be widened by about 1.900-2.000", ordered some rectangle tubing and the plan is to use the 1 x 2" 1.710" wide rectangle tube, box the ends and cut/weld on the outside of the a-arms where they come to meet at the ball joint.

Should have the Moser 9" rear friday for mockup and anti-roll bar install. Motor components should be here anyday to go to the machine shop for the block work, heads are in the works @ ET Performance

P2210009.JPG

P2210011.JPG

P2210012.JPG

Strange Struts & UPR drag shocks
strut1.JPG

rear1.JPG

side1.JPG

side2.JPG

side3.JPG

wheel1.JPG

95mmRenegade

Established Member
LS1 Mockup soon to be paired with a S95 turbo
engine1.JPG

Big boy wheel studs
studs1.JPG

Wolfe racecraft control arms
rear.JPG

Black headlights
Headlights.jpg

Aerospace Prostreet brakes on all 4 corners
aerospace.jpg

BigStuff3 Courtesy of Jon @ Speed Inc. Thanks!
bigstuff3.jpg

Canton Accusump Courtesy of Kurt and Todd @ W2W - Thanks again
cantonaccusump.jpg

QA1 rear shocks and brackets
qa1shocks.jpg

Got alittle more work done today. Finally started getting some of the turbo parts, Jose over @ Forcedinductions.com sent some Tial wastegates. Got the rear brakes mounted and most of the cage tac'd into place. Still need to get a tubing notcher to make the rear X bars and the motor mounts. Here's some update shots.

TialWG.jpg

Aero.jpg

Cage1.jpg

Cage2.jpg

Cage3.jpg

Cage4.jpg

Mustang1.jpg

95mmRenegade

Established Member
IMG_0025_1.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

Amature tig welding
IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

Started mocking up the motor mounts, cut the factory ones off and started making custom chromoly motor mounts. Everything is tack welded, just need to cap the risers and bead the engine plates.

Removed factory mounts, LS1 & powerglide are bolted up, front is sitting on a 3/8" spacer on the steering rack, rear is on a jack with height and side to side set. 4" pipe for reference.
IMG_0053.JPG

Notched K member mounts
IMG_0054.JPG

should be enough room for a 5" downpipe...
IMG_0056.JPG

First attempt at making headers, not really in love with the bend on the #2 runner, almost need to get a tighter bend.
IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

New shifter got here also..
IMG_0063.JPG

Other side header

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

Sparco steering wheel installed
IMG_0067.JPG

Here is some pics of my welding, I'm getting better...
IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

Last edited:

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Just placed another small order today:
SSR Starter
Engine Sensors(Crank/Cam)
GM IAT from cyclone
G-Force Harness 5 point camlock black
Turbo V-band 5"
5" U bends for exhaust
4" U bends for intercooler
TCI Flexplate && ARP bolts
Crane firewire spark plug wires
GMPP Cad. Lifters
Wilson 105mm TB
Wilson 90 degree elbow
Wilson 1.5" carb spacer
Airbag replacement cover
Fast fuel rails
Jesel J2k Rockers
160# injectors
GMPP LS7 intake
3 Bar MAP && Misc exhaust stuff

Wolfe called and said the 25.5 should be shipping thursday, recieved my Carrera Shocks today and will post some pics later...
Ran into a couple of snags. The oil pan was off of an 06 corvette, thought the shorter pan would work but it needs to be chopped. The front section of the oil pan needs to be shorter by 3/8" or so and the front of the main oil body needs to be moved back 1". The 25.5 cage bars shipped out friday so took some time and got the dash trimmed to fit around the front cage bars.

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

Added a couple of parts to the list:
Weldon 2035 Fuel pump(1800hp)
Weldon 14000 Dial a flow
AlkyControl.com Methanol injection kit

Trying to find a line on:
10 gallon aluminum fuel cell
1 gallon JAZ fuel cell for the alcohol

We ran into some problems with our welder and took a couple of days to trouble shoot it. Found out we had a bad batch of argon in a couple of bottles. We may try and mount the turbo tomorrow and make some more progress on the headers.

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

Not much for updates. We ordered:
Aeromotive Belt drive fuel pump
Aeromotive High volume fuel pressure reg
Main Fuel cell
1 gallon fuel cell for Alky system
Alchol Controls Alky system
Misc fittings -10 and -8 hose ends
dzus mounting fasteners for hood
LSx block shipped today
Trimmed Skinny kid hood to fit and will post pics

Right now we're working with Kurt over @ W2W and trying to get a drive system for the vacuum pump and the fuel pump.

Had a slow day today, still waiting on alot of parts to finish up some smaller projects. Decided to get the hood trimmed and mount the 8 of the 14 dzus fasteners. Next week we'll see alot more progress when the rest of the exhaust bends get here. We're doing a 5" Steel exhaust from the turbo to the firewall and switching over to an aluminum 5" exhaust to the rear of the car. Kurt over @ W2W is working on the Belt drive for my fuel pump and the vacuum pump.

Started removing the rest of the wires from the engine bay, removed the engine harness and the lighting harness which really cleaned up the bay. Tried to remove all of the rust from the core support, removed 70% of it, will finish it up tomorrow.

Next week we should see:
Wilson 105mm TB, Elbow and spacer
GMPP LSx Block, LSx manifold and cadillac lifters
Jesel LS7 rockers with ball sockets inplace of the cups
Aeromotive Belt drive fuel pump and High flow regulator(3000hp fuel setup)
TCI Flexplate
Fast 1/2" fuel rails
25.5 cage components

W2W/Howards Billet High Horsepower pistons
IMG_0098.JPG

Pre-fitting Joe Von-Overbeek Hood
IMG_0099.JPG

Joe Von-Overbeek Hood Pic from top
IMG_0100.JPG

Dzus Closeup(bless you)
IMG_0101.JPG

Passenger side header fits perfectly, plenty of room for 5" downpipe
IMG_0103.JPG

Jegs 5 gallon Aluminum Fuel cell - 116 octane DUAL -10 Feeds
IMG_0105.JPG

Summit Racing 1 gallon alcohol(alkycontrols.com) fuel cell dual -8 feeds
IMG_0106.JPG

Starr Vacuum Pump from previous build
IMG_0107.JPG

Mocked up and got the first part of the downpipe done today...

The vehicle
IMG_0108.JPG

4" and 2.5" comparison pic
IMG_0113.JPG

Preliminary
IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

Almost done
IMG_0117.JPG

Almost done
IMG_0118.JPG

Alkycontrols.com alcohol injection kit
IMG_0119.JPG

Wilson 105mm Elbow - its always good to have friends with connections
IMG_0120.JPG

Wiilson 105mm Throttlebody
IMG_0121.JPG

Wilson 1.5" spacer
IMG_0122.JPG

Wilson Combo for LS7 intake
IMG_0123.JPG

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Its the standard C6 oil pan....

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

I have not made much progress but here is where we are. I had to redo the rear two pipes on the driver side header to allow for clearance for the steering shaft, took about 30 minutes to get the back two fitted and welded.
IMG_0132.JPG

Recieved the intake and some of the top half parts, started mocking it up to check for hood clearance. It looks like I have about 1-1.5" of clearance at the tightest point. The passenger side header is about as far as I am going to go until everything is 100% done. I want to make sure I have enough clearance for everything else. It seems like everytime I add new stuff to the engine bay we run into clearance issues. I have very little clearance between the passenger side v-band and the downpipe but my heads also raise the exhaust manifolds just a touch so it should be fine once the new heads are here.

Weld racing also called about my custom rear wheels, they should be shipping out next week so I can check fitment with the drag radials. This weekend we're going to:
Roll the rear fender lips
Por15...
- Rear control arms,
- Rear end
- Some of the undercarrage
- From Radiator core support
- Build boxes for the wheels so we can get it off jackstands
IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

Not sure why but I have a strange feeling mounting the alternator, fuel pump and vacuum pump is going to be a MAJOR pain in the a$$. I recieved the drive mandrel for the fuel pump and the vacuum pump and it needs alittle work but it should do the trick.

Jesel LS7 Rockers came in and they were not made to our specs so they are going back to Jesel. We're still waiting on diamond on the pistons, if you would have told me that GMPP would have the LSX block out before I got the pistons I would have called you a liar 3 months ago. The 160# injectors came in yesterday so hopefully this weekend I can get started on machining the manifold for the injectors. I've still got a LONG way to go.

I cut the roof off so I could get the cage as close to the headliner as I could, its going back on before its all over with anyways I got to go to work but I had 2 hours today to work.
More backyard fabrication...
IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

95mmRenegade

Established Member
IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

Pulled the cage out today to weld it up. I had a couple of errands to run so I only got about 80% done. I still need to cut the base plates and finish up a couple of welds. Ordered a Garrett 2nd gen core designed 3000hp IC, water tank and some misc stuff today also.

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

Made alittle more progress, took a couple of nights to get the paint stripped off the cage and all of the remaining sound deadening material on the floor. The cage is ready to be welded to the chassis. I had to cut the rear sway bar out and make new mounts to get enough travel for the rear suspension. I've got some 1/8" plate to make the new ends for the sway bar. We also switched over to 325/50 drag radials and they fit perfectly. Finally recieved the adapter for the quick release steering wheel. Hopefully we'll get some more parts to get moving again. Here are the current pics.

325/50 Drag radials
IMG_0170.JPG

Rear shots: Got the rear bumper cover cut and chute release in place.
IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

Side view:
IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

Quick release steering adapter from Mark Williams Engineering, we used a .750" piece of DOM tubing between the adapter and the steering hub.
IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Well, I got a couple of goodies tonight. I called a couple of the board vendors and wasn't really impressed with what I heard so I called a buddy that I ordered my 5" v-band clamps and man he hooked me up. Here's what he sent, if anyone needs a deal on an intercooler let me know.

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

Update:
This past weekend was tough for extra time. I got alot of the rear fuel cell, water tank and battery structure mocked up. We need to get some more tubing to finish up the rear section.

List of parts we received:
Rule 17A 3800gph water pump
Double roller timing chain
Wheel 2 Wheel custom cam
Aeromotive Fuel pump
Aeromotive Regulator

Friday night I did alittle work and basically got the turbo to intercooler pipe done, I've got two more welds to do once I get the 4" v-band clamps. The other side will be a piece of cake, 2 - 90 4" bends and we're going to right at the TB.

This morning I started on the front end again, right now we have roughly 3 degrees of camber per side, I'm going to modify the CNC'd billet upper mounts and add 1/2" to the already slotted upper chassis structure. This should allow me to get to -.5 degree of camber or so.

Things I need to do this week are measure how much exhaust tubing I need to run a full 5" aluminum exhaust, mock up the fuel pump mounts, finish up the rear structure for the fuel cell, water tank and battery.

I'm also kicking around the idea of making another set of control arms to widen the front alittle more but won't make a decision until I get the upper mounts finalized.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Haven't made much progress lately because I've been alittle under the weather. But here is where we're at...

- Just got word from ETP that the LS7 heads will be done monday and Kurt is going to pick them up for the o-ring work monday night, We switched over to titanium/inconel valves and a solid roller valvetrain.

- Jesel just completed the replacement set of LS7/J2K rockers and they are on the way

- C & R called and the radiator is done, they are waiting on the Extreme 3000cfm fan, will ship today one way or another

- Metal express sent out the parts to finish my fuel tank/water cell mounts(1" tubing) and the aluminum sheetmetal to fabricate the turbo inlet.

- Global Technology sent:
9' of 5" aluminum Tubing for the exhaust
2' of 6" tubing for the turbo inlet
4 90' SS elbows for the radiator pipes
2 90 AL elbows for the water cell, IC outlet, and Y block

Wolfe Racecraft just sent
2 - 4" aluminum o-ringed V-band clamps

Still need to order:
Back brace for rear
-12 fuel feed lines and fittings
-10 fuel return lines and fittings
Misc fittings for fuel pressure regulator
16 volt battery

I did alittle work on the fuel cell/water cell/battery mount, not sure I like it or not yet.

Frame will be welded between frame rails
IMG_0206.JPG

Fuel/Water cell
IMG_0205.JPG

Aeromotive Belt driven fuel pump
IMG_0207.JPG

Aeromotive high volume fuel pressure regulator
IMG_0208.JPG

Rule 3800gph water pump for IC
IMG_0209.JPG

Crower solid Lifters
IMG_0214.JPG

Today was tough and long, worked most of the day on my buddies 10 point cage in his talon while he worked on the stang. We got a handful of little projects started and moving in the right direction. Hopefully his car should have one more day of work than I can get this project moving. So far I'm happy and really looking for the final product, should be a completely stupid street car. :drive:
Couple shots of the radiator
IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

Exhaust/front mockup
IMG_0218.JPG

Insanity coming together..
IMG_0219.JPG

Driver Side Motor:
IMG_0220.JPG

Passenger Side motor:
IMG_0221.JPG

Plug access once upper IC pipes is removed, will be on o-ringed v-band clamps
IMG_0222.JPG

Side shot: Upper intercooler pipe v-band
IMG_0223.JPG

Side shot: Upper intercooler pipe v-band
IMG_0224.JPG

Front shot: Upper intercooler pipe
IMG_0225.JPG

3000hp intercooler tucked under dash
IMG_0226.JPG

Coupe minutes in my dads wood shop to make the beginning of my radiused aluminum turbo inlet hat, using 6" aluminum tubing and some aluminum sheet metal to make the inlet.
IMG_0227.JPG

Threw together the upper IC pipes, they are done except for beading the ends.

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

Got a few more little goodies on the way from Summit, Jegs and Moser Engineering.

Moser Rear End Brace
TheV 16/12 volt Lite battery
Handful of (-12) (-10) (-8) Black Summit Fittings straight 45 and 90
-12an to -10 O-ring adapter for fuel pump
-8 and -10 Plugs and adapters for the regulator
-8 -10 and -12 SS hose
Single -12 to dual -10 Y block from Jegs for fuel tank
Single -10 to dual -7 Y block from Jegs for fuel rails

Knocked out a couple of things this morning:

- Mocked up upper IC pipe still needs to be bead rolled and welded
- Cut floor for thru floor rear cross-member & installed rear cross member
- started mocking up cage for custom window net
- Removed stud and mocked up brake pedal for manual conversion
- Installed auto brake and gas pedal & welded on tab for carb throttle cable
- welded passenger side collector - passenger side header is 90% done now
- welded rear brace on Moser 9"
- welded rear sway bar tabs on rear end
- filled in holes on rear wing with fiberglass and started body work on rear facia, driver door to remove 3 small dings
- Intake manifold is done except for some spacers between the mounts and the fuel rail tabs, I had a local shop drill the injector bungs and we tapped the mounts
- cut plate for blockoff to close hole for manual shifter in center console
- made tab for throttle cable to firewall
- Mounts for radiator are ready to be mocked up

I've got alot more pic's coming. I did ALOT of work today and made alot of progress. Motor is done @ the machine shop and just needs to be taken to Jackson to get the CNC o-ring installed.

Sway bar was orginally installed but the bar was too low and we couldn't get the tires tucked up under the car enough so I cut it out and started fresh. I raised the bar about 2" and made some custom plates. The suspension will basically bottom out on the frame rails now. :devil: I may need to move the front upper control arm points up slightly.
Passenger side swaybar mockup
IMG_0232.JPG

Overall Mockup shot
IMG_0231.JPG

Making the sway bar plates
IMG_0234.JPG

Tig - Swaybar cup weld
IMG_0235.JPG

Swaybar end plates finished ready for installation
IMG_0237.JPG

Mig - Swaybar mount weld
IMG_0238.JPG

Just got battery - will mockup mounts and box this weekend
IMG_0239.JPG

Mockup for custom window net from M & R products, template leaves tomorrow - turnaround time 1 week
IMG_0240.JPG

New pedals with tab for pull style carb cable
IMG_0241.JPG

Interior shot
IMG_0243.JPG

Driver side motor starting to look like a motor
IMG_0244.JPG

Driver header collector shot - getting closer
IMG_0245.JPG

Rear crossmember - thru floor design
IMG_0246.JPG

3000hp intercooler under dash :jest:
IMG_0247.JPG

Shifter blockout plate
IMG_0248.JPG

Rear cage X bars to be installed this weekend
IMG_0249.JPG

rear cage underside 2 x 3 outriggers - rear crossmember
IMG_0250.JPG

Rear torque box plates
IMG_0251.JPG

Motor is done @ the machine shop, all we're waiting on now is the heads to o-ring the block and the studs to retap the head studs.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Just got the Jesel Rockers for the ETP 4.1 LS7 heads and they are still not right but we can swap out the parts here.
IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

Didn't have much time to work so I just welded the cage in. Its 98% done, the only bar left is the driver seat bar, the bar is ready just need to cut the floor out.
IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

Ok, this weekend will be tight but we're going to get some more progress.

This week in parts:
Jesel sent the correct ball adjusters
M & R window net came out perfect will do mounts this weekend
Jerry Bickel driveshaft came today - can start mockup on driveshaft loop
Motor is done @ the machine shop - headin to baltimore for the final CNC work
ET LS7 heads shipped tuesday
We made a final to-do list before paint and its not as big as I thought

Work:
- Fabbed up the mid plate mounts
- Made the crossmember for the front of the 25.5 cage, crossmember now includes a transmount
- 25.5 cage top half is 100% done now need to add the crossmember and driver seat bar
- Front control arms are now cut in pieces and we're making new ones. The passenger side is mocked up and the driver bars are cut just need to be tack welded and torn apart for final tig welding
- Started looking into brake components have a completed list of parts needed to finish
- Rear frame rails will get the edge cut off and a radiused piece of steel to clean up the appearance.

Phil99vette
TECH Veteran

Trader Rating: 6
Posts: 4,236 I have not had much time to work since we've been waiting on parts. While we had the downtime we're building a deck on the house and clearing out some trees. Anywho here's where we're at...

- GMPP LSx is back from the machine shop we're going to clean it and send it to baltimore for the last piece of work, friday was the first time the mustang and the LSx were formally introduced

- Lethal Performance down in Florida sent up some 1/2" wheel spacers and a Metco Driveshaft loop. If time permits the driveshaft loop will be installed sunday.

- Front hubs were mocked up with Aerospace rotors, Aerospace Pro-Street Brakes, Maximum Performance 1/2" hubcentric wheel spacers, ARP 3" 1/2x20 extended studs, Weld AlumiStar 15x3 wrapped in 25" M/T front runners. The Aerospace brakes needed the uppermost edges of the brake calipers needed to be radiused to clear the wheels. I marked the calipers and mocked up the wheel to see where it was rubbing and it took 3-4 attempts slowly removing material but now have ~.093 in clearance.

The raw materials came in for the valley cover, we have a piece of 1/4" 6061 aluminum that we're use for the cover. We ordered the tubing for the seat mounts but the shop sent 1 1/2" vs the 1/2" that was ordered so we can't finish that until next week. The window net is mounted, the only thing left is to swap out the upper mount for a ball/heim joint. Window net came out perfectly matching the contour of the cage. Wednesday we got all of the brake line materials from classic tubing, the brake lines will be finished next week. I'll have some more pics this weekend.

We're looking for a set of C5R valve covers also.

ET LS6 6 Bolt LSx heads
Bore: 4.100+
Valves:
Intake - 5/16" Titanium 2.200
Exhaust - 5/16" Inconel 1.600
Combustion Chamber: 72cc
Iron seats
Solid roller
Intake flows ~375cfm
Exhaust: 229cfm
Head studs: 1/2" and 3/8"

IMG_0273.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

BS3 racepak
IMG_0278.JPG

Worked for a couple hours today working on the seat mounts. I've got the driver bottom done just need to work on a back brace for the seat and the harness mounts. Any opinions on how the seat is mounted?
IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

red9450

Established Member
and thats all you got done??? LMAO. thats an amazing project. Nice job.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
I'm not really feelin the wastegate placement but its the only way to mount them.

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

Finished up the driver header last night, had to move the #7 runner for the 3rd time to clear the steering shaft, its got .250" clearance now. Also finished up the driver side control arm and started working on the steering. Shortened up the quick release for the steering wheel and tack'd that into place. The toe adjuster has got different threads than my steering rack and with the tap costing $40, I'll probably just cut off 5" and weld the correct grade 8 extension with the correct threads. I'm trying to have all of the steering/front suspension done this weekend.

Today was a pretty slow day. I got a few things knocked out today..
1) Finished up steering rack, had to cut off the ends and weld on the correct ones - steering is Done except for alignment
2) Finished fabrication on transmission mount. Changed it a couple times and ended up with two bolts on both sides
3) Fabricated a simple mount for the shifter
4) Machined spacers for fuel rail, fuel rail is DONE
5) Had to machine manifold to clear the ETP heads, manifold is DONE
6) Picked up all of the bolts today for the misc shit, IAC manifold, trans mount, seats, radiator mounts(not done)
7) Started working on the travel limiters and the brace for the front control arms.

My to-do list is getting very very short. :) I still need to pick up my powerglide and order my Neal Chance converter which I'll probably do tomorrow.
Shifter trimmed and mounted
IMG_0385.JPG

Transmission mount - used two bolts on both sides to tie the frame together
IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

Monday progress:
This morning we worked on the water pump location for the intercooler system and got that nailed down, I'll fabricate the brackets either tomorrow or thursday. I ran all of the wiring for the BS3 and found a couple of nice locations for the ECU, the engine harness is awesome and fits like a glove. We also found a nice spot for the AMS1000 boost controller directly under where the factory radio would sit and infront of the shifter. I cut out the mounting panel for the Racepak dash, still need to cut out the spacers for the dash mount. The front travel limiters are done with the exception of welding the lower mounts onto the control arms which I'll setup for thursday. I also found a nice place for the fuel pressure regulator, it was somewhat tough due to the size but it fits nicely behind the brake master.

Parts:
- 5 - 1 7/8" u bends are here for the final wastegate plumbing, the exhaust will be sent out to get coated next week.
- Ordered a Neal Chance converter with a couple of stators for drag radials and slicks
- Thursday afternoon we're going to pick up a pretty big donation... Local business donated a Wayne Rogers/Deadenbear/Coan Powerglide built with every possible upgrade.

Working:
We need to look at the water pump situtation, either I need to have the factory one milled or switch to a remote style.
- Are two -12 lines sufficient for the LS1?
Tuesday progress:
- Got the plate to mount the racepack in the dash almost done, I need to transfer it over to a fresh piece of aluminum
- Both seat mounts are done
- Driver side harness mounts are done
- U-bends arrived today so I'll finish up the wastegate mounts thursday
- Had header tubes flared @ main flange will finish welding thursday

Only did an hour of welding today. Got the headers 100% done and the control arms basically done. I'm not sure if I am going to add a piece of plate between the control arm legs or not, any input is welcome there.
IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

95mmRenegade

Established Member
I also picked up the powerglide this week, Marty Chance called and the converter shipped today. Here are some things that need to be addressed:
- Should I weld the -12 bungs directly to the motor plate or should I fab a flange that bolts to the motor plate
- Where is the best place to mount the PCM
- Should I add 1 5/8" CM bars to go to the front of the chassis.

My buddy brian came over today to help me get a few small projects knocked out. Here's what we got done:
New Powerglide in car, panels are clearanced
Shifter + linkage is setup - done
Transmount is done
Remote cutoff switch mounted + guide bar done
Front A-Arms - brace + final welding/fitment
Travel limiters adjusted for 2.5" travel short side 4" long side
Clearanced for coilovers
water pump for IC is ready to go in once I get some more steel
Pulled fenders, my dad is going to pick them up to start the body work

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Got some more stuff on the way.

1/8" steel plate for the nose bars and harness mounts
-16 aluminum bungs(6)
-16 fittings from summit, they were cheaper than the -12 push lock
Meziere 337S water pump(55gpm dual -16 outlets single 1 3/4" inlet)
-16 to -16 o-ring fittings

What do you guys use for the tin work inside the car? We need to start on the rear of the car and working on firewall blockoff plates.

Yesterday we picked up:
25' of Brake line + clips
Chance converter arrived

I need to decide on final color for the cage and car. I'm open to suggestions, orginally I was leaning towards a
black cherry with a dark metallic silver on the cage
Black with a dark metallic silver on the cage
Dark metallic silver on the car and a black cage

I didn't get much done yesterday. I had a corvette to install some headers + mid section and a vararam. Got most of it done, needed to order some o2 extension harness's.

We worked on the dash(racepak) for a hour and got it very close to the final panel. Took an hour for lunch and came back to work on the motor plate. I welded the -16 bungs on the motor plate only to find another problem. With the size of the -16 fittings we can't run the alternator up top, no way to get the belt around the fittings.

Ken came over with his Trans-maro-bird and we did some tuning on the juice last night found out he was pig rich on the kick, he pegged my wideband 10.0:1 or richer.

Got back to the garage and I did some work on the alternator mount. I'm going to try and mount it under the fuel pump which should work. It puts the alternator right infront of the steering rack and .500" above the K-member. I made the adjuster/c bracket that fits around the alternator and a spacer so it sits flat on the adjuster. This weekend I'll work on mounting that piece onto the motor plate.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Didn't get really anything done this weekend. Got the racepak mounted in the dash on a .022 piece of steel and the alternator mount done.
IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

Didn't get much done today, got the rest of the -16 fittings. Ended up finding them for 14 each and found enough -16 hose to do the system for $20 from a local suppler that had a 6 foot section left over. Got the Meziere water pump mounted up and the supply line started, its a 1 7/8" tube. Also picked up the correct size belt for the alternator.
IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

Got the radiator mounts done and the inlets also finished this afternoon, should have some progress this weekend...
IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread