My 98 GT 4v track/drift car build thread...

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
That is the first time I have ever seen an SN-95 Cobra with a front splitter that looks good. Even better it came from a Mach 1 to make it cheap!

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
God that is one hell of a steering angle.
You can make a normal U-turn on a 2 lane road and never get off the pavement. lol

Nice build.

Thank you. Its been a long road with this build. It can make a sharp u turn but having a locked diff doesnt help lol!

Looking really good man, i cant wait to do a drifting event myself, it has been way too long for me
Trying to get my stuff together so i can hit the track soon. Its been too long for me as well lol!

That is the first time I have ever seen an SN-95 Cobra with a front splitter that looks good. Even better it came from a Mach 1 to make it cheap!
Yeah ive always had the idea of doing it and making it work. I got a brand new one from my buddy for my daily and then said screw the daily lets put it on the track car lol! Glad i modified it to fit the cobra bumper.

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Getting new wheels for the car this year. So i did test fitting some wheels from my Boss's FD car on my car. Dont worry i am not going green lol!
Greenodiwheel_zpsa51ce214.jpg

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
So a few weeks ago i noticed my grant steering hub had some play in it. Turns out the hub is bad. So i ordered a new hub and quick release from NRG and a new steering wheel from grip royal. Will be posting pix when they come in.

I installed my Hurst handle last week. Having it taller making it easy to grab going from the steering wheel or hand brake to the shifter.
sshifter_zps3efc503b.jpg

This week i started dismounting my tires from my wheels because i picked up some new wheels for this year.
str5_zpsee91916e.jpg

Picked up STR racing 514 wheels.
str4_zps4aa88c67.jpg

The rear
str3_zps6956a942.jpg

the front
str2_zps79883a18.jpg

str1_zps6b78194c.jpg

Gonna try to get some more outside in the day light this weekend.

Last edited:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
So a few weeks ago i noticed my grant steering hub had some play in it. Turns out the hub is bad. So i ordered a new hub and quick release from NRG and a new steering wheel from grip royal. Will be posting pix when they come in.

I installed my Hurst handle last week. Having it taller making it easy to grab going from the steering wheel or hand brake to the shifter.
sshifter_zps3efc503b.jpg

This week i started dismounting my tires from my wheels because i picked up some new wheels for this year.
str5_zpsee91916e.jpg

Picked up STR racing 514 wheels.
str4_zps4aa88c67.jpg

The rear
str3_zps6956a942.jpg

the front
str2_zps79883a18.jpg

str1_zps6b78194c.jpg

Gonna try to get some more outside in the day light this weekend.

Sweet:coolman:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I don't know how I managed to miss this thread over the past couple years but it was a great read. I would like to see more videos of the car in action. I find the number of broken parts concerning, seems like any of those failures could put you right into the wall.

Any idea how much you have invested in the car?

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
I like the finish on those wheels
Thanks. Im getting a set in gold and white as well. Gonna see how they all look then order the rest of my sets.

This car is awesome!
Thanks

I don't know how I managed to miss this thread over the past couple years but it was a great read. I would like to see more videos of the car in action. I find the number of broken parts concerning, seems like any of those failures could put you right into the wall.

Any idea how much you have invested in the car?

Well that is a part of it. You need to do alot of testing to make sure you work the bugs out. Ive had alot of issues that have happened but have worked through every single one of them. Not a clue how much. It was a budget build and came out in car craft's august 2011 issue "fast for under 10k" but since then ive invested in getting better stronger parts etc.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
So i got my NRG hub and quick release along with my new steering wheel from Grip Royal.
nrg3_zpswrbdk951.jpg

Also got around to installing a big brake kit from Fully Torqed Racing on my DD 96 GT for testing purposes to see if im going to put one on the drift car or not and i must it was ridiculous. The stopping power is insane. Puts the cobra brakes to shame. Even feels better than the cobra R brembo kit ive driven before. Only thing that is an issue is that each rotor is 25lbs. So i will be looking for lighter weight rotors when i do eventually install this kit on the 98 as well.
It uses 14 inch GT500 shelby rotors along with S197 GT calipers. The brackets are offered from Fully Torqed Racing.
bbk1_zps0c1v828o.jpg

bbk2_zpsgwtkniuo.jpg

bbk3_zpsjtaaazbp.jpg

bbk4_zpsjxgp0hwc.jpg

bbk5_zpsgonuc2va.jpg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
About ****ing time someone made use of the newer stock components on the SN95. Looks good, maybe I'll have to buy 18s finally. Too bad tires are so much more.

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Been so busy lately with my Formula Drift team prepping for long beach the past month ive been trying to squeeze time on my own car. Its tough and as they say drifting has ruined my life lol!

Finally got some newer pix of the car with the new wheels outside finally.
fffp8_zpsww3geeiv.jpg

fffp9_zpskhzkdjd7.jpg

fffp1_zpsahwi0cgs.jpg

fffp6_zps1er7osnb.jpg

More wheels so i have plenty for those longer track days
fffp3_zpsmsny0cki.jpg

Did some alignment as well since ive made some adjustments to the suspension.
fffp4_zps46vdisvm.jpg

And checked clearance at full lock ;)
fffp5_zpshlyjn9j7.jpg

Also installed some new goodies from Carbon Driven.
fffp2_zpsdzu1yjue.jpg

fffp7_zpscr6laenx.jpg

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Took the car to fab fords this past weekend. Had a fun time and people loved the car and the loudness lol. It is louder as well reason being i had modified the exhaust to clear my torque arm and avoid getting stuck on the trailer which happened a week ago but i decided to go with a 2 to 1 y pipe for more clearance. But no mufflers, just straight pipe.

loudex1_zpsup9yhjdu.jpg

fff20153_zpsbemcxf7m.jpg

fff20152_zpslrx4ugz6.jpg

fff20151_zpsly9faq3n.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Any reason you are running the front mexi-flush? Love the car, but not a fan of those wheels at all.

Users who are viewing this thread