My 2006 Powerstroke smokin...

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Cant stand when some retard redneck decides to cover a whole intersection with his diesel smoke. i think its extremly imature and disrespectful. If i was driving a convertible I would be pissed beyond belief.

Nice truck though.

Last edited:

portcity_gt

Established Member
Vivian from dj's in florida? if so i run the looney tune in my truck 24/7:beer:

is dj not doing it anymore? whats the new number/website?

and yes the 6.0's sound good straight piped...dual 6" on mine. only video i have is when i tested rev-x.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhP6PuOJFTk"]YouTube- rev-x before and after.wmv[/nomedia]

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Vivian from dj's in florida? if so i run the looney tune in my truck 24/7:beer:

is dj not doing it anymore? whats the new number/website?

and yes the 6.0's sound good straight piped...dual 6" on mine. only video i have is when i tested rev-x.

YouTube- rev-x before and after.wmv

Yup, Vivian from DJs. They had a falling out but she still does tunes. Google her or try diesel forums and you can find number.

TVLA147

Established Member
very nice man, powerstrokes are so cool. My grandpa has a modded f-350 powerstroke, and it is very fun. I feel big and important when riding in it haha

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I dont think it is cool, but it is great to get even with the kids with there systems on so loud you can hear them a mile away. More than a few cars have been filled with smoke from my truck and helps when your sitting on 38's and your exhaust is at there window:lol1:

To each his own, but spewing that shit on someone's car isn't cool. Do you do the same to people with loud cars and loud motorcycles?

Last edited:

cameron

Established Member
ok, i think some don't understand why a diesel smokes as it does. i do agree some guys take it too far and run smoke tunes to do as what is mentioned above, which i don't agree with. my hot tunes smoke because it's fuel that makes the power and only at initial WOT. once the turbo spools the smoke clears up. all that black smoke is a waste of fuel.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
ok, i think some don't understand why a diesel smokes as it does. i do agree some guys take it too far and run smoke tunes to do as what is mentioned above, which i don't agree with. my hot tunes smoke because it's fuel that makes the power and only at initial WOT. once the turbo spools the smoke clears up. all that black smoke is a waste of fuel.

Ding Ding Ding!! WinRAR!!!

Thats why in my vid when you hear the turbo spool the smoke stops and my tires break loose.

ls1eater

Established Member
ummm....I have a 6.0

When you buy a 6.0, just expect to spend an extra $4K making it the way it SHOULD have come from the factory. EGR delete, ARP studs, and head gaskets. Then you're good to go. Friend of mine has a 6.4 and drives it JUST like I drive my 6.0 and he has blown his motor once, head gaskets twice, and blew his transmission. He's runnin IDP tunes.

Yes the 6.0 was weak from the factory, but you can make it right for under 5 grand. Watch your EGTs, ECTs, and oil temp. Don't run it hot and you can beat the shit out of it.

i realize you have a 6.0 I was answering ara's question....

Azure Mach1

Established Member
Some of the 7.3 Powerstrokes will smoke up a storm with a tune. Mine does and I enjoy smoking out people who are being jackasses. They will smoke a bit without a tune also. The 7.3 IMHO was the hay day of the Powerstroke to date but Ford is still building trucks so who knows what the future holds. The newer engines have better numbers but with a very heavy load where lugging power is needed the displacement of the 7.3 is nice to have. My father-in-laws Duramax is a wonderful truck empty or lightly loaded. But weigh it down with a 5th wheel full of grain and it struggles where the old 7.3 and even the Cummins engines can still build RPM and get up to speed without reving the crap out of the engine in lower gears to get on top of their torque curves.

BLUBLLS

ummm....I have a 6.0

When you buy a 6.0, just expect to spend an extra $4K making it the way it SHOULD have come from the factory. EGR delete, ARP studs, and head gaskets. Then you're good to go. Friend of mine has a 6.4 and drives it JUST like I drive my 6.0 and he has blown his motor once, head gaskets twice, and blew his transmission. He's runnin IDP tunes.

Yes the 6.0 was weak from the factory, but you can make it right for under 5 grand. Watch your EGTs, ECTs, and oil temp. Don't run it hot and you can beat the shit out of it.

Just curious, but besides the EGR delete, ARP studs, and head gaskets what else is needed to make the 6.0 a lot more reliable?

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Just curious, but besides the EGR delete, ARP studs, and head gaskets what else is needed to make the 6.0 a lot more reliable?

For the most part, that is it. Everyone will have their own thing that has to be replaced for the trucks to last. And that is what broke or they had a problem with on their own truck. But not necessarily a universal problem with all 6.0's like the things Whipple listed. If I replaced those parts on mine I wouldn't worry about beating the crap out of it. But as it sits now, I wonder when it is gonna come apart. Hopefully it doesn't. I don't keep it on the floor but do play around some.
Hell, it's fun having a big ass truck that will run like they do.

Users who are viewing this thread