My 2006 Powerstroke smokin...

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
See, remember in that other thread when I said people on this forum love to do things like that ;-)

I agree with your philosophy of smoking out the tail gaters, i'd do that to, dont need to be rear ended a 3rd time....

I doubt anyone want's to rear end me anyway as my 14 inch drop hitch would go straight through their radiator. lol

Did you get it on a dyno? I love diesels.. Theyre bad ass. Cool truck. My friend who has a duramax does the same thing to people who tailgate him.. When theyre right on his bumper he covers them in black smoke. Its great.

Never had it on the dyno. I got a friend with some stock rims and tires that I'm gonna use and throw it on there one day. Yea, I usually just do it when I'm stuck behind someone in the left lane on the interstate and they have NO business being in that lane. When I get around them, I make a point to smoke them out till they change lanes....I ****ing hate retards.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
not gonna lie i love the looks of the ford trucks, but my buddys duramax rolls that shit down the highway...

and whippled you need to get a custom intake made so you can delete the whole cooler itself instead of sitting there.

Yea, the duralax's are faster, but that junk independent front suspension just turns me off of it so much. That and I prefer the looks of the powerstroke, and you can't beat the sound of a straight piped 6 liter. :rockon:
And I am having the intake plate made right now. Just waiting. :beer:

Stephen4036

Established Member
Yea, the duralax's are faster, but that junk independent front suspension just turns me off of it so much. That and I prefer the looks of the powerstroke, and you can't beat the sound of a straight piped 6 liter. :rockon:
And I am having the intake plate made right now. Just waiting. :beer:

just a little fyi i have no clue on your motor, but on his he had a custom intake and the stock one bolted to the EGR cooler for a reason lol.. he blew the new intake elbow right out of the motor b/c it was bolted to the cooler so we had to make brackets.. if yours works like that make sure it has a place to mount to the motor lol.. idk he makes 35 lbs of boost so idk.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
just a little fyi i have no clue on your motor, but on his he had a custom intake and the stock one bolted to the EGR cooler for a reason lol.. he blew the new intake elbow right out of the motor b/c it was bolted to the cooler so we had to make brackets.. if yours works like that make sure it has a place to mount to the motor lol.. idk he makes 35 lbs of boost so idk.

The plate is being made as a complete delete kit for the EGR cooler. I did however blow my charge tube off my turbo the other day, lol. I run 35 lbs of boost also.

Last edited:

cameron

Established Member
Studded, egr delete, egr cooler block off plate, victor head gaskets, 5 inch straight pipe from the 4 inch downpipe.

I have run Eric's tunes before, he is good, but I like where Vivian has the torque converter locking. I'm running her Looney Tune (165 tune). I prefer Vivian, not that Eric isn't good, just prefer Viv.

yes, the looney tune. never mind i have heard of them. Eric's extreme race tune locks the converter. i have a mild version because i don't have studs. i run the extreme street for a DD. i've always wanted to try vivian's tunes. will have to do so.

cameron

Established Member
The plate is being made as a complete delete kit for the EGR cooler. I did however blow my charge tube off my turbo the other day, lol. I run 35 lbs of boost also.

i did that once. talk about scaring the hell out of ya. mine happened in town at about 2:00am. think i may have ticked a few individuals off. LOL. i

I made my own EGR delete. works great. been on the truck for 2 years now.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
yes, the looney tune. never mind i have heard of them. Eric's extreme race tune locks the converter. i have a mild version because i don't have studs. i run the extreme street for a DD. i've always wanted to try vivian's tunes. will have to do so.

Yea, I have run his hot tune (extreme race) and I like it. I just like Vivian's tune for the way she has the shift points set. It's so nice. Check it out. $50 a tune. I'm about to get her to write me a towing tune.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
i did that once. talk about scaring the hell out of ya. mine happened in town at about 2:00am. think i may have ticked a few individuals off. LOL.

Yea, mine popped off on the interstate at 75 mph under full boost. Talk about a pop. Hit the underneath of my hood like a hammer. And the hiss from your turbo is ungodly loud. lol

Stephen4036

Established Member
I dont even want to know how loud the 6.0 is when it pops off, i know a 6.0 is loud at idle compared to a dmax.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member

I run the extreme street tune as my DD tune but I'm not a fan of the part throttle shifting. It's a bit too rough and even though I have it adjusted down all the way it still isn't quite right.

I'm going to have to call Eric and see if we can get it resolved, otherwise the power seems to be there.

OP: Vid looks good. I'll have to get one of mine doing it too.

ara

Established Member
i love ford powerstrokes, just recently started looking into them. here is a beginner question.

i would want better mileage and power, but nothing extreme in terms of smoke, which tune is preferable for that? I'd be looking at a 6.4 or the new 6.7.

thanks, and what are some good sites to check out.

ls1eater

Established Member
i love ford powerstrokes, just recently started looking into them. here is a beginner question.

i would want better mileage and power, but nothing extreme in terms of smoke, which tune is preferable for that? I'd be looking at a 6.4 or the new 6.7.

the 6.4 is a really good motor havent heard much about the 6.7 yet, so i guess thats not a bad thing, just stay away from the 6.0's if you want a good reliable truck, the 6.0's have had a lot of problems.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
I dont even want to know how loud the 6.0 is when it pops off, i know a 6.0 is loud at idle compared to a dmax.

It's retarded. So loud.

OP: Vid looks good. I'll have to get one of mine doing it too.

definately. lets see it.

Any respectable tuner can write you a great mileage tune. The power won't be there like it would in Vivian's Looney Tune or Eric's Extreme Race Tune, but you will get good mileage. Discuss it with one of those tuners and they will set you up. And a word of advice....STEER CLEAR of Banks crap, Bully Dog bullshit, and Edge junk. Get an Xcal3 and get custom tunes from the best.

Roll that coal:rockon::burnout:

:rockon:

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
the 6.4 is a really good motor havent heard much about the 6.7 yet, so i guess thats not a bad thing, just stay away from the 6.0's if you want a good reliable truck, the 6.0's have had a lot of problems.

ummm....I have a 6.0

When you buy a 6.0, just expect to spend an extra $4K making it the way it SHOULD have come from the factory. EGR delete, ARP studs, and head gaskets. Then you're good to go. Friend of mine has a 6.4 and drives it JUST like I drive my 6.0 and he has blown his motor once, head gaskets twice, and blew his transmission. He's runnin IDP tunes.

Yes the 6.0 was weak from the factory, but you can make it right for under 5 grand. Watch your EGTs, ECTs, and oil temp. Don't run it hot and you can beat the shit out of it.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member

Powerstroke.org is great, however I am IP banned because apparently they thought that "WhippleBlowJob" was a troll name and banned me immediately. lol

Also Sid, owner of this site, has another site called CoalRollers.com, but there arent many members

cameron

Established Member
ummm....I have a 6.0

When you buy a 6.0, just expect to spend an extra $4K making it the way it SHOULD have come from the factory. EGR delete, ARP studs, and head gaskets. Then you're good to go. Friend of mine has a 6.4 and drives it JUST like I drive my 6.0 and he has blown his motor once, head gaskets twice, and blew his transmission. He's runnin IDP tunes.

Yes the 6.0 was weak from the factory, but you can make it right for under 5 grand. Watch your EGTs, ECTs, and oil temp. Don't run it hot and you can beat the shit out of it.

yep, with the 6.0 maintenance is crucial. use synthetic, keep filters clean, install a coolant filter (cheap insurance), and everything whipple said above. however, don't let that scare you. there are more 6.0s out there that are doing just fine. we only hear about the problem ones.

Last edited:

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
yep, with the 6.0 maintenance is crucial. use synthetic, keep filters clean, install a coolant filter (cheap insurance), and everything whipple said above. however, don't let that scare you. there are more 6.0s out there that are doing just fine. we only hear about the problem ones.

Out of powerstrokes I see on the road, 80% of them are 6.0s.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Nice PSD! Here's mine.. Damn one wheel peel, and it's limited slip too :(

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Fth2BVpdM"]YouTube- edvid3.avi[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread