My 2006 Powerstroke smokin...

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Friend wanted to see how much it smoked with the straight pipe....Tuned by Vivian at Quick Tricks.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4KEwkb95IU"]YouTube- 06 Powerstroke smokin[/nomedia]

Z28

Established Member
Nice truck, I do like how the 6.0's sound with exhaust.

Out of curiosity I've heard that it's best to have a tune that burns clean instead of blowing un-burnt fuel out the exhaust. I know it seems to be the norm for high performance diesels to smoke, but I've heard both ways. Any opinions?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I don't understand the whole 'smokin' thing.....but sounds good.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Nice truck, I do like how the 6.0's sound with exhaust.

Out of curiosity I've heard that it's best to have a tune that burns clean instead of blowing un-burnt fuel out the exhaust. I know it seems to be the norm for high performance diesels to smoke, but I've heard both ways. Any opinions?

That is true for the most part, however it only smokes before my turbo spools. Under full boost at WOT, it only smokes a little.

looks good. sounds great too

:beer:

I don't understand the whole 'smokin' thing.....but sounds good.

just fun to be able to cover a BMW riding your ass with smoke. Someone gets right on my ass, i let out, drop my boost to 1 PSI, and hemmer down till I can't see them anymore.

Blown38

Established Member
just fun to be able to cover a BMW riding your ass with smoke. Someone gets right on my ass, i let out, drop my boost to 1 PSI, and hemmer down till I can't see them anymore.

Ahh yes, I love this the most!:rockon: Especially when they have the top down. I have a 6.0 Excursion.
carlisle06burnout.jpg

dooberGN

Established Member
That is true for the most part, however it only smokes before my turbo spools. Under full boost at WOT, it only smokes a little.

:beer:

And he can't see anymore...........

skyhighsd

Established Member
I'll never understand why diesel guys think the whole "smoke" thing is cool.

I dont think it is cool, but it is great to get even with the kids with there systems on so loud you can hear them a mile away. More than a few cars have been filled with smoke from my truck and helps when your sitting on 38's and your exhaust is at there window:lol1:

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
I have a 2008 F350 with the 6.4 motor, and i have been thinking for a while to do a DPF/CAT delete. Would it be smoking like that??

I don't think the 6.4s smoke quite as much, but if you got the right tune, it would. Vivian at quick tricks is one of the best. Then there is River City Diesel and Innovative Diesel. Friend of mine has a 6.4 tuned by River City and he can powerbrake it like I did and before it builds boost, it dumps quite a bit of smoke. However I will never go to anyone but Vivian because no one I have tried can tune my transmission the way she does. It's amazing.

if i was crusing in my stang and got showered with smoke.. well... nuff said.

You wouldn't do shit....nuff said. I got guns too Mr. hardass.

No different then someone sitting there burning tires off the rim.

Exactly. Different strokes.

Last edited:

cameron

Established Member
Vivian at quick tricks is one of the best. Then there is River City Diesel and Innovative Diesel. Friend of mine has a 6.4 tuned by River City and he can powerbrake it like I did and before it builds boost, it dumps quite a bit of smoke. However I will never go to anyone but Vivian because no one I have tried can tune my transmission the way she does. It's amazing.

never heard of quick tricks. i'll have to check them out. i run innovative diesel and gear head performance tunes. on the majority of the ford diesel sites Eric from ID is the best transmission tuner. has a great reputation. i'll have to check into Vivian's tunes. one thing i have noticed is that no 2 trucks are the same when it come to tunes.

is your truck studded?

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
You wouldn't do shit....nuff said. I got guns too Mr. hardass.

See, remember in that other thread when I said people on this forum love to do things like that ;-)

I agree with your philosophy of smoking out the tail gaters, i'd do that to, dont need to be rear ended a 3rd time....

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Did you get it on a dyno? I love diesels.. Theyre bad ass. Cool truck. My friend who has a duramax does the same thing to people who tailgate him.. When theyre right on his bumper he covers them in black smoke. Its great.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
never heard of quick tricks. i'll have to check them out. i run innovative diesel and gear head performance tunes. on the majority of the ford diesel sites Eric from ID is the best transmission tuner. has a great reputation. i'll have to check into Vivian's tunes. one thing i have noticed is that no 2 trucks are the same when it come to tunes.

is your truck studded?

Studded, egr delete, egr cooler block off plate, victor head gaskets, 5 inch straight pipe from the 4 inch downpipe.

I have run Eric's tunes before, he is good, but I like where Vivian has the torque converter locking. I'm running her Looney Tune (165 tune). I prefer Vivian, not that Eric isn't good, just prefer Viv.

Stephen4036

Established Member
not gonna lie i love the looks of the ford trucks, but my buddys duramax rolls that shit down the highway...

and whippled you need to get a custom intake made so you can delete the whole cooler itself instead of sitting there.

Users who are viewing this thread