my 2000 Saleen SC Speedster "Extreme Rainbow Paint!!"

00_ExtrmRnbw

Established Member
I'm not a fan, regardless or rarity. Well, I guess I've never really cared for the "extreme rainbow" paint scheme, nor the saleen body kit.

Again, this is just my opinion.

No hurt feelings. I was actually surprised this many people liked the car/color.
Many people do not.

o ya, its alive and well

Would be nice if ours could meet one day!! :beer:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Beautiful car man. Speaking or rare, I just saw this pop up tonight on craigslist....

Limited edition #51 2003 Mustang convertible Saleen

Limited edition #51 2003 Mustang convertible Saleen - $40000 (inverness)

Date: 2011-03-08, 5:35PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

For sale by owner a beautiful Barillieum orange Mustang Saleen W/ black top and tinted windows.
This car is a limited edition Saleen # 51,
Super charged V8 engine and a 5 speed manual trans.
10,600 original miles!
This car has been adult owned and a one owner car.
Has been garage kept and has never even seen rain.
Flawless condition
If interested please contact me at 352-2879394 cell or 352-637-4096 home and ask for Gordon.
Serious inquires ONLY, no time for tire kickers or low ballers.
This car was $80,000 new and has very low miles on it. $40,000 is a steal for this car so this price is firm!!!
Again please contact me by phone.
Thanks for looking

3n43k53o25Y25Z35R0b38437e64d3dd4f14a1.jpg

00_ExtrmRnbw

Established Member
Beautiful car man. Speaking or rare, I just saw this pop up tonight on craigslist....

Limited edition #51 2003 Mustang convertible Saleen

Limited edition #51 2003 Mustang convertible Saleen - $40000 (inverness)

Date: 2011-03-08, 5:35PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

For sale by owner a beautiful Barillieum orange Mustang Saleen W/ black top and tinted windows.
This car is a limited edition Saleen # 51,
Super charged V8 engine and a 5 speed manual trans.
10,600 original miles!
This car has been adult owned and a one owner car.
Has been garage kept and has never even seen rain.
Flawless condition
If interested please contact me at 352-2879394 cell or 352-637-4096 home and ask for Gordon.
Serious inquires ONLY, no time for tire kickers or low ballers.
This car was $80,000 new and has very low miles on it. $40,000 is a steal for this car so this price is firm!!!
Again please contact me by phone.
Thanks for looking

3n43k53o25Y25Z35R0b38437e64d3dd4f14a1.jpg

Berylinnium was actually my favorite color. There was a '08 Conv made and was around $100k... Ended up being wrecked. :shrug:

the orange photos very well, and might appear better being a solid color, but man that extreme rainbow is LOUD and looks so good! i love this car.

Thanks!! Just did a clay bar tonight and I'll be waxing it in the morning. Here is a little sneak peak after I waxed only the front panel

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

00_ExtrmRnbw

Established Member
I also ordered a new set of tires today... Was going with the Invo's, but the fronts were on backorder and I was actually talked out of them.

Going with the Nt-555

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
Beautiful car! One of my favorites from Saleen. Beryllium orange is definately my fav though, that color is amazing in person.

04 MysticMan

2nd Terminator, 5th Cobra
Established Member
I will definitely send you a pm when we get it set up and hopefully we can do a lil photoshoot with our color changing paints, hahahaha Its ok with the people that dont like it, they are just mad b/c they would have to buy three cars to get three or four different colors in a photoshoot

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Well gave her the first bath today, man was that fun!

Giving her a clay bar as we speak, I feel like there was a color hiding...

Pretty sure if its properly detailed with a really good polish and sealer wax theres even more color hiding that will POP like no other. Hell just Redfire alone becomes brilliantly vibrant when detailed right.

Id be anal enough with just mystichrome to rarely let it out of the garage and keep it absolutely meticulously upkept when going anywhere, but If i had that car it would be put inside an airtight bubble with a guard rail 5' away from it.

Last edited:

00_ExtrmRnbw

Established Member
Pretty sure if its properly detailed with a really good polish and sealer wax theres even more color hiding that will POP like no other. Hell just Redfire alone becomes brilliantly vibrant when detailed right.

Id be anal enough with just mystichrome to rarely let it out of the garage and keep it absolutely meticulously upkept when going anywhere, but If i had that car it would be put inside an airtight bubble with a guard rail 5' away from it.

Yeah, I gave it a wash, clay bar, and a wax. It def looks brought out the color more then when I received her. :rockon:

She'll be under the cover most of her months. My goal is to limit around 250miles/yr. More than likely, she will be stored in the winter at Performance Auto Sport here in Richmond.

As much as I would like to drive it, I have to resist... Going for tires and some photos this week and then the cover will go on for the next 2 months til I take her to the shows!

SB490

Established Member
What a damn shame to own such a nice car and not drive it.

250 miles a year? Sad.

Sell it to someone who will enjoy it like it was meant to be. This isn't a Ferrari GTO it's a Mustang.

00_ExtrmRnbw

Established Member
I'll definitely enjoy it, but I'd hate to see something happen to it--the paint in general.

I hardly drive as it is. More than likely it will get enjoyed much more than I want to, I mean I have already found myself putting 50 miles of so on it this week and it isn't even nice out.
But yeah, 250 probably is a low ball number. If I say 1,000, then I'd see myself putting double that. Saying 250, then I'm sure it be close to a 750-1,000.

I'm young and fortunate at my age... The car will get enjoyed, but by no means will it be pulled out every day it is sunny and in the 80's. My Jeep is plenty fun... trust me.

Last edited:

Detroit

Established Member
Keep the pics coming, awesome rides. Only thing that would make it more badass in my opinion is if that saleen was a coupe.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Surprised nobody did this already...

[youtube_browser]MX0D4oZwCsA[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread