My '09 Nitto KOTS Challenge Pics

blowngt

Established Member
Nice meeting you and all the Power by the Hour folks.
I had a good time, eventhough my numbers and track times weren't what I expected.
I got a nice broken driveshaft and transmission to show for it however. HAHA.

Here's a link to my pics....not as good as yours. :D

Ryan @ Fastlane Motorsports

Pictures by 98saleen - Photobucket

Ryan, we had fun hanging out with you and your crew. You're car is even more impressive in person!!

I really wanted to get a group shot with all 3 Saleen body styles, but you looked a little busy on Saturday. That would've been sick!!

Let us know if you guys ever decide to come down to the dirty south to do some racing!!!!!!

Ryan, we had fun hanging out with you and your crew. You're car is even more impressive in person!!

I really wanted to get a group shot with all 3 Saleen body styles, but you looked a little busy on Saturday. That would've been sick!!

Let us know if you guys ever decide to come down to the dirty south to do some racing!!!!!!

Yea, I was thinking the same thing...I think it would have been awesome to get 3 generations of black Saleens in 1 shoot. Hopefully there will be a next time :rockon:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Great pics D! :rockon:

Had a blast! Just wished Jake's and Serg's car had 3rd gear! Both would have been deep into the 9's on Nittos for sure.

Good meeting Dan and Ryan as well! Was a great group of people there!

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member

I wish you had said something! That would have been COOL!
But we'd have to pull your cars around mine since it was immobile!! HAHA.

LTZ MACH

Established Member
Nice meeting all you guys, we had some fun Sat night with the House of boost guys and Kurgans crew, then H.o.b and the white sn95(Us) went and did a little hp comparision with a T.T G35 from Indy. There will be a vid in the next couple days posted up.

Great pics and amazing cars! Any pics of the front rims on the DSG TT car.

Did your car get hurt on the HP comparison? Heard you pulled off or something. I cannot wait for the vids!!!

LT

TheSVTKid

Established Member
Great pics and amazing cars! Any pics of the front rims on the DSG TT car.

LT

Those are the first set ever made to fit a 2003 or 2004 Cobras. Tom from NANO (the owner of the car) took the car up to Weld Wheel (Here in KC) to have it custom made on Friday last week before KOTS. The wheels were before the Nittos showed up at the shop surprisingly.

It was AMAZING meeting everyone! This year was a TOTAL blast!

Everycar was top notch, and really was "different" from the next, which made it awesome. I could list loads of what I liked about each car, (and probably will when I post up our photos and videos from the event)

From the Dyno...... To Street Racing..... To doing the burnout contest.... To driving to dinner and all over town..... to running 158 mph on the last day in the 1/4 after the rain cleared.... I can say that it was an AMAZING weekend. The poor "Nano, E85, Cobra" was totally put though its paces. And already has a list of changes to be made to reach our next goal..... 170mph in full street trim.

The ONLY, and ONLY thing that sucked, was when we got back to KC. Tom reached in the trunk to pull out the N20 bottles that we thought were empty.... only to find that the 20 lb bottle was STILL FULL!!!!! so we COULD have sprayed it on the dyno, and the track. :( We will check tomorrow but suspect that a simple solenoid was stuck, and the cause for us not getting to spray the Nano system durring the weekend. (All that worked was the purge) :( :( Ohhhh well.

Man, I will leave this short.....but I will post SO much stuff in the next couple days, and give the full report. :)

Take care all.

[email protected]

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Here's some pics of my carnage.........

Yoke twisted internally.....

X158.jpg

X161.jpg

Tailshaft cracked......

X155.jpg

X156.jpg

X157.jpg

Mufflers got damaged too......

X163.jpg

X162.jpg

blowngt

Established Member
Ouch....

Man, I'd really like to see you put an auto in there. It'll be a totally different car.

Good luck either way bro....

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Ouch....

Man, I'd really like to see you put an auto in there. It'll be a totally different car.

Good luck either way bro....

Funny you mention that.
Just got a customer selling his 4R70W from Lentech.
It's a full manual with transbrake and adjustable line pressure.
It also has a PI convertor.
Hmmmmmm.....................:??:

I trust that you are happy with your swap? Your track times sure are impressive!

Ryan

blowngt

Established Member
Funny you mention that.
Just got a customer selling his 4R70W from Lentech.
It's a full manual with transbrake and adjustable line pressure.
It also has a PI convertor.
Hmmmmmm.....................:??:

I trust that you are happy with your swap? Your track times sure are impressive!

Ryan

I was a manual guy all my life until I went for a ride in an automatic turbo car. That was all I needed.

I originally had a manual valve body but decided to switch over to a full auto with the baumanator when I found out I was invited to the KOTS this year.

It's one of those things that you have to experience to understand, but I'll be keeping my fully auto valve body. I can shift it manually if I want, or put it in drive and not worry about a thing. The best of both worlds.....

As for track times, thanks for the complement. I cut a 1.63 on 18" nittos on my 2nd pass. I took it easy since it was my last pass, but I know there's another tenth left in them. No complaints here...... :beer:

Oman_cobra

Established Member
sick sick sick !!
but its just annoyying their too small :nonono:
i want them all in larger resolutions

Users who are viewing this thread