My 03 track times at Muncie Dragway

saleenssc1989

Established Member
Well a very humbling experience tonight at Muncie Dragway in Albany, IN.
I was hoping to get my 2003 Cobra in the 11s, I wasn't able to get it past 12.3. I have only had this to the track 1 other time prior in the 6 years I've owned it.
I need more seat time along with more practice, launching and clutch management. My wheel and tire setup isn't helping, however I plan to work more with the current setup. Once I reach, what I feel, is its full potential I will then begin the search for a new wheel and tire set up.
I am NOT a great driver and realize I need more seat time to reach a better time. However I wanted to post my track slips as informative material for others.
2016 track season, I'll be ready

IMG_20150923_230706387_zpsobn6zmr0.jpg

IMG_20150923_175517772_zps867eegdr.jpg

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Looks good, a little more seat time and a set of bigs and littles, you'll be in the 11's no problem

saleenssc1989

Established Member
Thanks everyone, it definitely gives me more motivation. I'm looking forward to getting more seat time, getting that 60' time lower. All in all, its a definite adrenaline rush and cannot wait to get back to the track.

1 more question.. Do you guys leave traction control ON or OFF? When I leave traction ON, power cuts out which I figured would hurt times?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Like others said, all you need is some more practice. Better rubber with the right air pressure will help, but you're putting that off for a bit. Let us know with an update when you've improved your times.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Eaton times are in my sig. You MPH is right on with mine. I was on 315 Toyo TQ DRs. I went back with a full slick and killed my clutch first time out. Upgraded my clutch then didnt have a chance to go back before i did my whipple swap.

saleenssc1989

Established Member
I made my 2nd trip to Muncie Dragway last night for test and tune with a different wheel/tire setup.(Racestar Darkstars 15x10/Mickey Thompson 275/50/15 et Street radials).
I was able to shave off .5 from my last trip, however my ET was slightly lower. I still need more time behind the wheel, practicing launches (maybe a 2step.)

IMG_20160519_233635_zpsaqsofrvf.jpg

IMG_20160520_093906_zpsls0irep0.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice improvement. I remember this thread from last year. Get more practice and it will just get better.

badjuicedgt

Established Member
hey with you 15 inch wheels did you have to do any grinding or are you on solid rear axle? Never mind I just saw in you sig that you have a solid rear.Nice job getting in the 11s I'm hoping to be in the low 11s with my car but my only issue will be 1 tires and wheels and 2 never having had the car at the track before or a car that is irs at the track.

Last edited:

saleenssc1989

Established Member
thanks everyone! practice makes perfect, I definitely need more seat time and then I can play with air pressure along with launch RPMs. I will update this post with more time slips with each trip to the track.

Users who are viewing this thread