Mustang Week 09...from an fbody guys view

svt99rag

Established Member
that guy did this my first day there

douche.jpg

damn Jonathan what happened?

Black8Banger

Established Member
Wow that video looked pretty good for me :)
If it put out any smoke it doesnt surprise me. That pull was from 1st gear. It actually stumbled a bit in first for some reason. About 10 minutes later I ran a 2.8 KB Cobra from a roll and it stumbled and fell on its face BAAADDDD! The Cobra also had some fuel issues so it was like two stumbling dinosaurs in a foot race. Kinda funny now that we both think about it.

I recently put a better set of heads and bigger headers on it so I know the tune is off. Im just not sure if the tune messed up some plugs or 02 sensors. I havent had a chance to look at it.

Im glad someone got a video! Thanks!

Presteige

Established Member
We got there and the z28 dude started talking shit right off the bat. How he races kenne bell cobras all the time and beats them and pulls 4-5 car lenghts etcetc. I laughed and called his bluf. He said not now. Trying to be nice I invited him to hang out with us etcetc. Later that night when we got home about 1:30 am he was outside cleaning his car and would not even speak where as earlier that day he would not shut up I went to bed and woke up to a busted windshield. Got it fixed a few hours later. And enjjoyed the week. ;)

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
also, after the windshield was smashed, he avoided us the next three days. I thought that was kinda strange considering the day before he couldn't keep his mouth shut telling us how awesome his car was. He also didn't leave his car parked in the apartment complex.

He claims his h/c + nitrous LS1 makes 635rwhp...after I told him how much my Cobra made. If I said 700hp, he'd probably claim 730hp just to say he's "faster".This was some young douchbag college kid who isn't any different than that kid with the single lambo door GTO that got called out in that vid, which i'm sure many of you remember.

Black8Banger

Established Member
He told me his H/C LS1 made 634 on the bottle. I asked what heads...he said ported ls6 heads. If any of you know LS motors, ported Ls6 heads are basic ported heads...nothing even close to AFR, Trickflow, etc. So unless he had some donkey dick cam in that sucker and at least a 200 shot...I called BS.

He would also need a 90mm intake...he popped the hood and there was an ls6 intake. That car might put down 550 to the wheels on a 150 shot.

Either way, its not going to pull on a 2.6 or 2.8 KB Cobra....much less put 4-5 lengths on one.

svt99rag

Established Member
We got there and the z28 dude started talking shit right off the bat. How he races kenne bell cobras all the time and beats them and pulls 4-5 car lenghts etcetc. I laughed and called his bluf. He said not now. Trying to be nice I invited him to hang out with us etcetc. Later that night when we got home about 1:30 am he was outside cleaning his car and would not even speak where as earlier that day he would not shut up I went to bed and woke up to a busted windshield. Got it fixed a few hours later. And enjjoyed the week. ;)

You took it a lot better than I would have...guess it wouldn't do any good to get pissed when it wont do any good.

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
I went down to Mustang Week with a few friends that have Terminators. I took my 00 SS Camaro since I dont own a Ford. :shrug:

I must say that I was incredibly impressed with everyone that showed up. The quality of the cars was amazing, from the number of customized cars to the attention to detail that some payed to their cars. I have been to a few Fbody events but this was the first Mustang event. I can honestly say that this was the best time I have had! The majority of Fbody people are retards. There are smart guys in the group but a lot are just plain dumb and talk more shit than they can back up. Im sure the Mustang crowd has similar people but I did not run into any at this event. No one talked shit about my Fbody and obviously I wanted a Terminator by the second day I was there :beer:

Anyways, just wanted to say how much fun it was all week long and you guys definately have tons of respect from this Fbody guy!:thumbsup:

Most Mustang guys are humble about the cars. Majority of the Camaro/TransAM/Corvette guys I know are asses. I'm sure there are some cool ones. We won't mad if you jump the tracks. I came over in 1996 and never looked back. 3 GTs and now a Terminator:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread