Mustang Week 09...from an fbody guys view

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
c'mon Josh it ain't too late to get a terminator. :coolman:

I saw you. I was two cars behind yours at the meet and greet :rolling:

MW09042.jpg

I saw manOwar's car a handful of times over the week...looks great....but your car was clean as hell. :rockon::rockon:

darby

Cheaters Inc
Established Member
that shelby is sexxxxxxy.

Also in love with the flat black shelby. wonder what the specs on it were.

Rockafella

Established Member
Funny you post this thread as I was down there as well and have NEVER owned a ford. I was close to buying a genII L as a truck but the wife wanted an SUV so I bought her a TrailblazerSS instead;)

I must admit though, I fit in a little better w/ the crowd that I was with over this past weekend than the typical crowd that shows up at events for my type of car. Maybe you saw me down there, I'm pretty sure I saw every F-body that was down there as they stood out so much (and being a former owner of a couple nice f-bodies they still have a place in my heart):D I was down w/ mostly ford owners from a local board (and the Fastlane crew), but as a performance junkie I like and respect all types of cars and lets face it; nobody mods as a group like mustang owners do.

Of course, there's still some mustang owners that think too much of their cars to "enjoy" them (this is just my opinion so don't shoot me), which is as gay as gay can be in my book. I know some people get off on having a rock chip free, spotless car at all times, but cleaning a car, never driving it, and simply bragging about having 100 miles on it does not impress me nearly as much as someone that cleans their car, drives it, possibly even drives it like it was meant to be driven, and then can respect that others do the same. This is one thing that I find at mustang events that I don't see in large amounts at vette events.

Anyways, here's my ride after leaving the show at the mall; maybe you saw me down there. It for sure was different than all of the other cars in the parking lot, lol. Anyways, I'll see you guys next year. I had a blast!

JON_0442.jpg

JON_0450.jpg

Black8Banger

Established Member
Rockafella,

I definately spotted your car!! I think Ive seen it before on corvetteforum. That car is gorgeous! I love the black roof bar. Its also nice to see a z06 owner who isnt afraid to actually drive the car...I had an 02 z06 and it was a blast!

I agree about fitting in better with that crowd than the usual fbody and vette crowd. My experience with the vette crowd was that it was typically a bunch of old men that thought that if you did not own a vette, you were not worth talking about. When I sold my z06 because of some hard financial times and got my trans am, shit hit the fan on corvetteforum. I stopped posting over there because they did not know what they were talking about. I also got tired of the threads about "how do you change the oil" "who can install an air filter" "what hre iforged ccw wheels look best". Its frustrating to see people who cant work on their own cars because they are just ignorant.

Anyways, hope to see your car in person sometime! It looks amazing!

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I saw your red SS and I saw the yellow Z (you revved your shit at me. lol). Both looked great.
Funny how both cars stood out in the crowd.
My eyes hurt of mustangs by the end of that trip. :poke:

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
One of these days, I'm gonna drive my Pinto down to F-Body Weekend and check them out.

Glad to see some of the GM owners see how fun Mustang Week is :rolling:

DolSVT00

Established Member
I went down to Mustang Week with a few friends that have Terminators. I took my 00 SS Camaro since I dont own a Ford. :shrug:

I must say that I was incredibly impressed with everyone that showed up. The quality of the cars was amazing, from the number of customized cars to the attention to detail that some payed to their cars. I have been to a few Fbody events but this was the first Mustang event. I can honestly say that this was the best time I have had! The majority of Fbody people are retards. There are smart guys in the group but a lot are just plain dumb and talk more shit than they can back up. Im sure the Mustang crowd has similar people but I did not run into any at this event. No one talked shit about my Fbody and obviously I wanted a Terminator by the second day I was there :beer:

Anyways, just wanted to say how much fun it was all week long and you guys definately have tons of respect from this Fbody guy!:thumbsup:

Was your SS red? If soo, I may have a funny video you may like.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I went down to Mustang Week with a few friends that have Terminators. I took my 00 SS Camaro since I dont own a Ford. :shrug:

I must say that I was incredibly impressed with everyone that showed up. The quality of the cars was amazing, from the number of customized cars to the attention to detail that some payed to their cars. I have been to a few Fbody events but this was the first Mustang event. I can honestly say that this was the best time I have had! The majority of Fbody people are retards. There are smart guys in the group but a lot are just plain dumb and talk more shit than they can back up. Im sure the Mustang crowd has similar people but I did not run into any at this event. No one talked shit about my Fbody and obviously I wanted a Terminator by the second day I was there :beer:

Anyways, just wanted to say how much fun it was all week long and you guys definately have tons of respect from this Fbody guy!:thumbsup:

Did you go to drag night and like Dol said was your SS red? If so I think I was behind you while I was inline.

Last edited:

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
I was only there for about two hours..
But on the way down to the show ( I Have never been to MW) i said watch there will be some guy in a camaro or corvette revving there shit at mustangs.LOL
And Low and Behold!!
Come to the Cobra Side!!!!

Black8Banger

Established Member
My SS is red with black ZR1 wheels. I did not go to drag night though. The rear of the car has a black taillight panel.

Now there was another red camaro. It was a z28 on black z06 wheels, but it had hockey stripes, stock ride height, and black mirrors.

If anyone has any videos of my car that would be cool. Esp pulling out of hooters :)

DolSVT00

Established Member
My SS is red with black ZR1 wheels. I did not go to drag night though. The rear of the car has a black taillight panel.

Now there was another red camaro. It was a z28 on black z06 wheels, but it had hockey stripes, stock ride height, and black mirrors.

If anyone has any videos of my car that would be cool. Esp pulling out of hooters :)

I think I have a vid of a fbody grabing a gun from behind a GT.

This wouldn't be you would it?

Users who are viewing this thread