Mustang is Consumer Reports 2011 best Sport car

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This doesn't surprise me at all. In just about every comparison the new Mustang has been ranked #1.

blueovalfan

Established Member
Every freaking time I read about the 11 GT I catch myself thinking, "ya know I really don't mind living in my apt, I don't really NEED a house." LOL Maybe in a few years I'll have mine.

wjk

Established Member
This doesn't surprise me at all. In just about every comparison the new Mustang has been ranked #1.

^This!

I think most of it has to do with weight. While Ford designated a platform specifically for the Mustang, Chevy and Dodge have been whoring out their crappy 4 door platforms and molding them into something that should have never been. The result is two piggies named the Chevy Camaro and Dodge Challenger. Oink oink!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
^This!

I think most of it has to do with weight. While Ford designated a platform specifically for the Mustang, Chevy and Dodge have been whoring out their crappy 4 door platforms and molding them into something that should have never been. The result is two piggies named the Chevy Camaro and Dodge Challenger. Oink oink!

Wrong

The S197 platform is based off the DEW98 platform, which was used by the Lincoln LS and Jag S sedans. Add IRS to the S197 (or take it away from the Zeta) and the weights would be much closer. The LX chassis is just a bigger car from the begining

No surprise that the Stang won this one. It's mass appeal is undeniable

Users who are viewing this thread