Fr1DI4uXoAASWLj.jpeg

Fr1DHZEXgAAyJML.jpeg

Fr1DFxzX0AA4Ryd.jpeg

Fr1DKFAXsAAqqBN.jpeg

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Sweet

The sounds reminds me a bit of the prior gen Corvette race cars.

It will be very interesting with sizeable increase of very different entries into GT3 vs. prior GT racing, how BoP is managed.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Sweet

The sounds reminds me a bit of the prior gen Corvette race cars.

It will be very interesting with sizeable increase of very different entries into GT3 vs. prior GT racing, how BoP is managed.

Don’t love how IMSA is handling the hardware right now. I get why they are doing it but personally I prefer giving the pros some separation from the AMs, and BoP through two races has been…not good. Buddy told me he was down 10+ mph on the banking at Daytona.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It’ll be there next year

I'm 99% sure JR said it wouldn't be until 2025? That they were hoping to have their GT3s from Ford by next spring?

I could definitely be wrong.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Don’t love how IMSA is handling the hardware right now. I get why they are doing it but personally I prefer giving the pros some separation from the AMs, and BoP through two races has been…not good. Buddy told me he was down 10+ mph on the banking at Daytona.

Yeah I don't really like how they are doing it right now either. Straight up confusing for the 24 when the ams were right there with the pros or passing them.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I'm 99% sure JR said it wouldn't be until 2025? That they were hoping to have their GT3s from Ford by next spring?

I could definitely be wrong.

Definitely next year. They are planning on selling around 80 cars for global competition so there will be plenty running around in various series eventually, but the factory stuff will start running in Daytona January 2024.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely next year. They are planning on selling around 80 cars for global competition so there will be plenty running around in various series eventually, but the factory stuff will start running in Daytona January 2024.

Thanks sir.

I made it on the VIP list, via Rob...so we'll see!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

I'm not motivated enough to decipher the GT3 rule book and BoP formulas, but have always been curious on how the governing bodies set everything. I understand (not necessarily agree with) most of the BoP measures regarding power/weight/fuel load/aero, but can't wrap my head around the design allowances/freedoms for some of the entries. What I mean is certain cars are "relatively" similar to their factory counterparts, while others are a very radical departure. I think a good example is this Mustang vs. their prior GT race programs. It is my understanding that the Ford GT race cars were quite similar to the road going versions, while this Mustang is really not even remotely close (different engine, suspension, transmission placement, etc.).

Not throwing shade on it at all, just pointing out the latitude the rules packages allow for car to car. I suppose enticing more manufacturer's to build and race their cars requires flexible rules. No one wants to invest millions of dollars and not have a chance to win. Only half of the F1 teams do that!

Users who are viewing this thread