Mustang broke down called insurance for roadside assistance

JasonSnake

Established Member
If they made a hassle of your tubular A-arms, then I wonder what would happen to my Mark if it were to get stranded somewhere? It doesn't have A-arms, just a lower control arm.

memk8784_1.jpg

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I laughed at this, as well. They seriously wanted you to leave your car there, find your own ride home (18 miles away), get the tools, and get a ride back to your car to fix it? Wow! I think it's time to find another insurance company.

My alternator once died at 11:45pm on Thanksgiving during a blizzard while I was 100 miles away from home in the middle of nowhere. AAA asked if I could walk to a parts store and try to fix it myself since they couldn't find anyone willing to come out. It was -3 out and since I'm such a badass I didn't bring a coat. Then the tow truck guy cried about it the whole way home. Luckily I got drunk in a McDonalds parking lot while I was waiting for him.

Last edited:

jfsram

Established Member
Everyone hates the wheel lift tow trucks. Guess what morons. That truck can get your car home without even touching the suspension, frame or body.

They cradle your wheels and if it's lowered, has a front spoiler or is lifted from the wrong end. They are equipped with dollies, which again. Do not touch the car.
Oh, they touch the tires. The same things that are on the road.

As for driving it up the deck of the flatbed. Not much solved there because the car still needs to be secured to the deck. Either with J hooks, chains, soft straps or a combination of the above.

Do not label all tow truck driver's incapable because you had a couple who were intimdated by your control arms. The next driver would have figured out he/she could have winched it up by the crossmember.

My alternator once died at 11:45pm on Thanksgiving during a blizzard while I was 100 miles away from home in the middle of nowhere. AAA asked if I could walk to a parts store and try to fix it myself since they couldn't find anyone willing to come out. It was -3 out and since I'm such a badass I didn't bring a coat. Then the tow truck guy cried about it the whole way home. Luckily I got drunk in a McDonalds parking lot while I was waiting for him.
:lol::lol::lol:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

You needed the alcohol in your blood as antifreeze. :lol1:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Get to know some local tow truck drivers, has saved my butt a few times. Last time I broke at the track I called one and he sent a flatbed on air suspension. Car didn't scrape once even as low as I am. He also backed the truck up my driveway and dropped it right in my garage...O yeh, no charge for the 40 mile tow at midnight.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Everyone hates the wheel lift tow trucks. Guess what morons. That truck can get your car home without even touching the suspension, frame or body.

They cradle your wheels and if it's lowered, has a front spoiler or is lifted from the wrong end. They are equipped with dollies, which again. Do not touch the car.

so dragging my front bumper OR dragging my exhaust on the ground cause my car was lowered is the best option?

See if you can answer my question without calling names or being a smartass.....using normal adult conversational skills and facts works best

Stanger00

Established Member

As for driving it up the deck of the flatbed. Not much solved there because the car still needs to be secured to the deck. Either with J hooks, chains, soft straps or a combination of the above.

Do not label all tow truck driver's incapable because you had a couple who were intimdated by your control arms. The next driver would have figured out he/she could have winched it up by the crossmember.

Those tiny Dollie wheels carrying the full weight of the vehicle for 18 miles on the highway is clearly the smart thing to do. Maybe if they were only going a few miles on city streets but not in the highway.

That was my call. I also told them to put the hooks on the main bar of the k-member but they were still to pussy to do it without me signing a waiver excluding the company from ALL damage to the vehicle.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't understand why they wouldn't just have you waiver the suspension. Signing a waiver for the whole car is crazy. JMO.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I know this may be over their intellect level, but why in the hell didn't they just winch it on from the rear?:shrug: Had to do it on mine for the same reason and the guy just swung around, dropped the bed behind the from bumper and pulled it on. Tough, I know.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Had my car towed more than once with a Griggs suspension no issues at all. They just used different points to hook the car up.

Users who are viewing this thread