Mustang 5.0 vs Annoying Dodge Challenger R/T

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I have a buddy who got an 08 SRT8 and I have my 5.0 which is already tuned, CAI and Michelin tires and he was stock. He kept wanting to race me and I told him it's not even worth getting into trouble so he goes out and gets a CAI, cat back and tune and keeps talking and keeps talking. Well, they are now starting Friday night drags at a local track that just re-opened so I told him I'd be glad to go down there and run him sometime even though neither one of us had ever been before. Then, like a week ago he goes "I raced a bolt on 5.0 like yours". I go "yeah what happened, u beat him"? He goes "No, he smoked me". LOL it was great to hear him say it and i"m surprised he admitted it but he goes "Im getting a cam for my birthday though so it's on". Obviously, he's butt hurt by the loss

zacmustang03

Established Member
I have a buddy who got an 08 SRT8 and I have my 5.0 which is already tuned, CAI and Michelin tires and he was stock. He kept wanting to race me and I told him it's not even worth getting into trouble so he goes out and gets a CAI, cat back and tune and keeps talking and keeps talking. Well, they are now starting Friday night drags at a local track that just re-opened so I told him I'd be glad to go down there and run him sometime even though neither one of us had ever been before. Then, like a week ago he goes "I raced a bolt on 5.0 like yours". I go "yeah what happened, u beat him"? He goes "No, he smoked me". LOL it was great to hear him say it and i"m surprised he admitted it but he goes "Im getting a cam for my birthday though so it's on". Obviously, he's butt hurt by the loss

Wow props to him for being honest . That's hilarious tho :beer:

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Yep.. 12.2 I think for a best. And 6.1s have cracked off high 12s stock. Its funny how much the term fast has changed in the past 10 years.

Now who ran that best 12.2 @ 114 with a bone stock 392 auto Challenger????

Ohhhhhh wait............that was ME. :rockon: :thumbsup:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
:banana: I seen it with my own eyes... :beer:

7aqube3e.jpg

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Know what's funny? Every site for every car brand says this about the other car brands. Go to the Dodge site and they're accusing the Ford/Chevy guys of driving like this. Go to the Chevy site and they're accusing the Ford/Dodge guys or driving like idiots, on this site its always the Dodge/Chevy guys driving like idiots. So who's telling the truth:shrug:

:dw:

Haha, we all are telling the truth at times. Maybe we kinda turn a blind eye to our "brothers" when we set it and just want to complain about the others doing it. :p

Users who are viewing this thread