Must be nice to be an engineer for Dodge

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, the front end changed on the Charger. LOL. So I guess the rumored 2015 Barracuda is a no-go. One of those 2015 Challengers has the Cuda style shaker hood.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
They both look real good. I used to be a hater of the Challenger due to its hefty size/body lines but its grown on me hugely over the years, id say as far as recent its takes my top spot as #1 retro muscle design.

Charger looks very sleek now, ive dug the new car since the redesign and the facelift looks very nice as well, adds a bit more aggressive tones to it.

I wouldnt buy either but can see how others would and cant blame them.

Lycosa

Established Member
But but... The lights are a little different. I do like the new interior of the challenger though. The rear of the charger looks like a dart and the front looks like the front end of the dart flattened out. They still need to shed weight before they can compete with the gt500s and zl1s.

kaz109

Established Member
I can't understand why in 2015 their 6.4L are only making 470hp...no reason why the motor shouldn't be making 500hp from the factory

coposrv

Established Member
I can't understand why in 2015 their 6.4L are only making 470hp...no reason why the motor shouldn't be making 500hp from the factory

It probably could make 500 but the accountants at Chrysler probably said 470 is plenty. Emissions, fuel mileage, warranty work are very important factors. Also, Most consumers aren't like us. They will buy the car and drive it. Thats it. For the end user 470 is no different than 500.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I think they both look awesome, especially the interiors. I'm disappointed that we still aren't seeing the rumored shrunken-down Challenger but I'm liking this.

ThomasL

Established Member
Charger is hideous. Challenger doesn't have a SC'd option?? Why is that? Anyways, I've always liked the look of the Challenger.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Did you see an SRT-8? I only saw a 392 R/T, so maybe the top dog hasn't been unvield yet...

Edit: Not used to quoting with phone and new layout. My question was in response to why the 6.4 only has 470hp. I'm betting they've got the Hellcat coming soon.

Last edited:

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Considering the demographic that buys Chrysler products, what incentive does Chrysler have to actually change anything. Build it like shit, throw some bling on it and idiots will continue to buy junk.

hey11101

Established Member
I liked the design of the 06 charger srt8 (had one myself) when 2011 model came out I was not a fan but it grew on me with time. This new model of the charger is horrible the front is like a durango the sides stayed the same and the back looks like a dart...... The challenger got a nice upgrade though I think, but still pretty much the same car.

jmurray87

Established Member
In a way kind of glad they didn't change much on the Challenger it was always a big good looking simple design IMO. But the Charger, they managed to ruin that car even more then when they added 2 more doors.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Did you see an SRT-8? I only saw a 392 R/T, so maybe the top dog hasn't been unvield yet...

Edit: Not used to quoting with phone and new layout. My question was in response to why the 6.4 only has 470hp. I'm betting they've got the Hellcat coming soon.

this. very interesting that the 392 doesn't have the SRT designation.

i like the redesigns, though i'm not as big a fan of the challengers taillights.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
They both look real good. I used to be a hater of the Challenger due to its hefty size/body lines but its grown on me hugely over the years, id say as far as recent its takes my top spot as #1 retro muscle design.

Charger looks very sleek now, ive dug the new car since the redesign and the facelift looks very nice as well, adds a bit more aggressive tones to it.

I wouldnt buy either but can see how others would and cant blame them.

I like the new cooled seats on BOTH challenger and Mustang

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
Challenger needs bigger meats in the rear. Interior is clearly American and unimaginative. 8 trim levels and no Supercharger or Manual option, I have to ask, who the F**K are they building these cars for? What demographic wants a porker coupe or 4 door Durango sedan with no Manual?? 470 and as big as a boat? A 5.0 is an intake and tune from putting a bus length on it. Challenger is the only one handling the retro design well out of all the American cars. The charger I have only ever liked the 69. The retros look nothing like it. And continue the trend of getting uglier. Literally looks like a Durango that got hit with the panini press. The current model looks nice and aggressive but has the heft of a whale. 2015 mustang has it in the bag. No manual options and no factory F/I options on the Dodges forever prevent me from being a buyer. Not that I would anyways.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread