Multiple Codes fml...

redcollection8

Established Member
Well yet again I'm running into problems with this car. Some background on the situation would be good first off I'm guessing. Brought my car to a shop a couple months ago and before that it ran perfect. At the shop I had the following done motor wise.
-8 rib pulley swap with tensioner and balancer
- nm2b wotbox
- Upgraded maf and took out the mafia
- dyno tune

After it was at the shop for about 2 months I got the car back and drove it home with nothing too out of the ordinary. The only problem was some quirks in the tune. Brought it back to the shop a little while later after having the following codes pop up
P0127 intake air too high
P0148 fuel delivery er
P0234 engine over boost condition
P0457 evap leak
P1000 monitor check not comp.

They told me after looking at it that the ic pump went so they replaced it and told me my pro charger was leaking and because of the blow through system was leaking onto the maf and i should get it serviced soon. I've drove the car a couple times since then and checked the oil every time and the level hasn't changed.

Well I today I drove it for the first time in a little while and when i started it up at work to come home it drove and sounded like crap. A/F was running very rich and in between shifts it would shoot lean then go back normal. But it sounded like it kept misfiring and was about to die. I also heard a ticking which i knew wasn't good.

I got home and check codes. This is what I had
- p0127 intake air too high again
-p0148 fuel delivery problem again
- P0234 engine over boost again
- p0457 evap leak again
- P1000 monitor check not comp again.
- p0307 misfire in cylinder 7

Sorry for the long read I'm just pissed that I spent over 7 grand at this shop and my car is worse off than it was before. Any help would Be appreciated, sorry for the long read. Thanks in advance guys.

hotcobra03

Established Member
i enjoy code problems...this is easy

being you were at a shop for 2months scares me..than po307..

i would start with pulling all plugs and a compression test just to start...while taking off harness for coils,,tug easy and try to pull the connector off coil instead of pressing lock,,dont pull on wires..some dont click closed...

reply after that...most guys fail compression but changed almost every part before testing..its costly

hotcobra03

Established Member
after some reading in pinpoint test and nm2b site,,,is this yours?https://60c6eb2c-a-8d8d997f-s-sites...BcYRkRsvlXdvBKmTpzdCEiiZA5iA==&attredirects=0

some really good close-up pics of all your engine that we can see how vaccum hoses are routed...back passenger side c133..all those hoses that go into fender well and across back and around drivers up to frps...

what other mods do you have that wasnt listed? was fuel tank dropped?

redcollection8

Established Member
Thanks man I'll do that today and check back. I didn't have them do any mods to where they would have to drop the tank. But when I fill up the car all the way it leaks a good amount out of gas and it comes down in the center of the plastic. I was thinking maybe the seals on the fuel hat are bad? Yes that is the wotbox, but I had them install it and they are a reputable shop apparently. But all of these problems occuring after I gave them my problem free car makes me nervous.

Also its a fully built block, 72 lb injectors, tr6 plugs, comp cams, and f1a with under 20k miles on them.

Last edited:

testorossa1989

Established Member
Is your tuner EFI logic?

and p1000 ouch thats like the hiv. I wonder if they disconnected the battery when installing and all those issues seem linked to all the parts installed.

redcollection8

Established Member
Is your tuner EFI logic?

and p1000 ouch thats like the hiv. I wonder if they disconnected the battery when installing and all those issues seem linked to all the parts installed.

No it was dez racing in mass I would have thought after spending over 7 grand in parts/labor I would have been in great shape, but no I'm now stuck with this plagued car that I want to drive off a bridge.

Is there any way I can get rid of that code in this point in time? Or is the car going to be stuck with it forever?

Last edited:

redcollection8

Established Member
So i check the #7 plug and it was fine along with the coil but I switched them around anyway to see if the misfire would change to cylinder 6. Cleared the existing codes and I drove it around easy but the code would not pop up. Instead I got a p2197 n it said no info available. The car still sounds like it's misfiring while driving around and it's been driving like garbage. I can't even get on the gas or it just bog. If the pro charger is leaking oil onto the maf and getting it covered in oil make it drive like crap and bog when i got on it? I haven't seen the maf yet because it's in the wheel well. And I just checked the oil level fo the pro charger and it was normal so I dont think it's really leaking.

hotcobra03

Established Member
So i check the #7 plug and it was fine along with the coil but I switched them around anyway to see if the misfire would change to cylinder 6. Cleared the existing codes and I drove it around easy but the code would not pop up. Instead I got a p2197 n it said no info available. The car still sounds like it's misfiring while driving around and it's been driving like garbage. I can't even get on the gas or it just bog. If the pro charger is leaking oil onto the maf and getting it covered in oil make it drive like crap and bog when i got on it? I haven't seen the maf yet because it's in the wheel well. And I just checked the oil level fo the pro charger and it was normal so I dont think it's really leaking.

i have been learning from this site on code chasing...its hard enough in stock form...

what ive learned is mods will play a big role in the problem...

than someone else did your work which now adds 10x to the problem..

when you drive after clearing codes it could take upto a week before all comeback...a short drive isnt always going to work..

with your new code...was this the only code? see i have no clue?you were talking about 307 to change to 306 and instead 2197..

most of us use the pinpoint tests and charts for at least an understanding of what ford says did happen,when it happened/and what caused it to happen..than how to test for it

here is where mods change the fun..

this code could be caused by wire harness..just happens thats close to c133...

drop a wrench when working?not you but if you read on how to wire in that wot box it might help to see where there hands were..of could have moved and forgot to put back..or bent pin in connector when putting back

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
I looked at the c133 and it looked fine as well I'll get some pictures along with the vacuum lines and that stuff

no i would stick with what codes your getting...

the engine over speed is what caught me along with it was the work last done...

something about engine brake,,,jimmysidecar should have a story for that that will make you understand...

some of these could be common just to spit with the mods after you use the mod..normal drive/beat the hell out it..

if just these codes...switch front o2s side to side..code should follow o2..

if connector was the issue unplugging and repluggin is sometimes enough..

po1000 will happen if you check for codes before drive cycle is done

also dont unscrew o2 before unplugging..unplug first have harness lay and than do o2

these o2s can blow up fast..

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
i still want to see pics...i did google for procharger to see what you had..

that fuel leak is an issue when filling..there is a TSB for that i recall..just work slow..

redcollection8

Established Member
A little update. I limped the car downed the road to my buddy's house to look more into things. I was told when I picked my car up from the shop that my pro charger was leaking oil into my maf causing all my problems. I decided to check out how bad it really was. When i got to the maf and looked it over I saw it was perfectly clean. Absolutely no oil on it.

I Also started to hear the tick louder than when I first posted. I'm really starting to think that the shop hurt my motor and came up with some excuse thinking I would never check it out.

redcollection8

Established Member
IMG_1355.jpg

This is the only picture I have as of now I'll get more tomorrow

hotcobra03

Established Member
do a compression test....

i spent a week or two being thick headed..i was told to first,,,but car ran ?

after a 2 min test problem was found 0 compression valve stuck open and compression was forcing oil into tb...it was a mess..

redcollection8

Established Member
I have been thinking about this a lot. Especially after I looked at the maf and it was squeaky clean. Should the shop be liable for this? Could the tune or whatever they did on the "street test" could have done this to the car, and they are just using the leaking procharger as justification.

redcollection8

Established Member
do a compression test....

i spent a week or two being thick headed..i was told to first,,,but car ran ?

after a 2 min test problem was found 0 compression valve stuck open and compression was forcing oil into tb...it was a mess..

This actually sounds what has happened. When I pulled the piping to get to the MAF there was oil in it. I didn't think about it at the time but now looking back, it was definately motor oil.

Users who are viewing this thread