Multiple Codes fml...

hotcobra03

Established Member
damn...i freak out on him..what a mess..

what did it look like before going to him..

i wouldnt know where to start...vac line wrong ? egr if deleted why are you looking at it?

main wire harness pinched on top of hot hose?

i like to see some more close and clearer to see more..

have you seen other guys with a close setup to compare?

i see where you live...those red hoses crack here in south texas at 35deg days...they arent going to last hanging and floppin around

i like to see others...finding new locations for items i can understand..the rest looks so unfinished

Last edited:

redcollection8

Established Member
I held back freaking out and just talked to the owner of the shop and expressed my concerns and how I am disappointed in them and I am in awe on how this could have happened. The owner said he'd drive down to my house and look at it with some of his guys. Then trailer it up if they messed it up. Hopefully they have an unbiased opinion and decide that they messed up my car and will fix it on their dime. Yeah I just noticed that pinch in the first picture I am going to take a look at that. The red vacuum lines I've had since I got the car and they've worked fine for me. But I also keep the car in a heated garage in the winter.

I haven't seen many pictures of other setups like mine. It had less wires and hoses before haha. Oh and if anyone on this site saw how my MAF was connected they'd laugh. I'll try and figure out what I did with the picture. At this point I just feel like giving up on it though. If they tell me to kick rocks I'll be screwed for enjoying the car this summer.

What would you like me to take more detailed pictures of?

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
we all have the red hoses..search and you will see all the issues of problems from them breaking by frps...

they were nice and neat from factory in a harness.

if you dont work on your car you really wouldnt understand..they break just looking at them..

your evap code could be just where it was relocated to but i cant see that in your pics

reason for good pics...i had po455/457 for 3 years...i was in a thread about some issues and posted a clear pic ...another member noticed it,,,dude i was floored..something so stupid..but at that time ford just did the head and thats how i got it back...i started learning because of that code problem...

hotcobra03

Established Member
what happened at your buddys after checking maf?

you had po2197...look at causes ..you have something in common in each section..

P2197 - O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean - Bank 2, Sensor 1

Description: A heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) indicating lean at the end of a test is trying to correct for
an over-rich condition. The test fails when the fuel control system no longer detects
switching for a calibrated amount of time.
Description: See the description for DTC P2195.
Possible Causes: See the possible causes for DTC P2195.
Diagnostic Aids:
Application Key On Engine Off Key On Engine Running Continuous Memory
All — GO to Pinpoint Test H .

but you should get a code for both banks from them...note last item

Electrical:
Short to VPWR in the harness or HO2S
Water in the harness connector
Open/shorted HO2S circuit
Corrosion or incorrect harness connections
Damaged HO2S
Damaged powertrain control module (PCM)
Fuel System: